Options

The STATE of Steve McDonald

YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
Forum Member
✭✭✭
He looks like some tramp they took off the street, scrubbed and threw into a suit for a job interview pushing trolleys or something. Could he not even have cut his hair?!

Comments

• Options
    Lisa_CharleneLisa_Charlene Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon Gregson in real life has been quite ill and had to miss a lot of filming e.g Steve's stag do
  • Options
    TrebleKingTrebleKing Posts: 2,390
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No excuse whatsoever for looking like a hobo in important, key scenes. What the Hell was that overcoat, trainers and trackies combo all about when he was walking his dog?
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He could've at least done something with his hair before his wedding. But I guess he's had so many weddings days now that he's not all that bothered.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    I haven't noticed his hair or that it "needs cutting". If as someone said he's been ill then his hair isn't a priority if he needs to rest. If it looks tousled and he's wearing scruffy clothes then that's Corrie's hair and wardrobe team.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erm, the character is suffering from depression. Your appearance isn't always important.
  • Options
    Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    Creamtea wrote: »
    Erm, the character is suffering from depression. Your appearance isn't always important.

Very true.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HIs depression was magically cured when he got back together with abuser Michelle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 419
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    He could've at least done something with his hair before his wedding. But I guess he's had so many weddings days now that he's not all that bothered.

lol!! :D
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Steve had his hair cut a couple of weeks ago so I don't think he looks too bad. Also, we have to remember that his appearance probably isn't his top priority!
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    HIs depression was magically cured when he got back together with abuser Michelle.

It's still on going, do you even watch it?
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's still on going, do you even watch it?
    Yes I do watch it and his depression is nowhere near as bad as it was before he got back with old sour chops.
  • Options
    AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LHolmes wrote: »
    Yes I do watch it and his depression is nowhere near as bad as it was before he got back with old sour chops.

I've got it myself and I think it's being portrayed very realistically. I take medication for it and can go months with very few symptoms then I can be in the position I've been in the last few months when I've had to take time off work for it and am having another sort of treatment along with the medication.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's been a shockingly bad storyline for depression

It has proved what a dreadful actor Simon Gregson is, who is essentially play himself anyway. He doesn't act. He just shows up to work and recites lines. Zero talent involved.
  • Options
    david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It has proved what a dreadful actor Simon Gregson is, who is essentially play himself anyway. He doesn't act. He just shows up to work and recites lines. Zero talent involved.

I'm sure charitys will disagree with you.
    He plays himself? Lol... do you know him in real life?
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Creamtea wrote: »
    If he can manage to go through the whole rigmarole of getting hitched, I'm sure he could've made the arduous effort to run a comb through his hair, on hiis wedding day!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 170
    Forum Member

I think he acts the part perfectly he's one of their best characters in CS and the depression route has been played very well
  • Options
    YaffiYukYaffiYuk Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pink_Smurf wrote: »
    I haven't noticed his hair or that it "needs cutting". If as someone said he's been ill then his hair isn't a priority if he needs to rest. If it looks tousled and he's wearing scruffy clothes then that's Corrie's hair and wardrobe team.

Which was what I really meant. Sorry if I offended, but it is a soap, and it's meant to be his wedding day. I'm surprised Michelle allows such hair, do they not share her magic conditioner?