Options

Shameless Jo - I'm not sorry and I'd do it again

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I haven't seen the paper and they don't seem to have the article online yet (other than this brief piece http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=shameless-jo%2D-i%2Dm-not-sorry-%2D-i%2Dd-do-it-again-%26method=full%26objectid=18541343%26siteid=62484-name_page.html) but I was watching the 5.30 ITV news and they have just had a look at the front pages of the Sunday papers and the Sunday Mirror has "Shameless Jo: I'm not sorry and I'd do it again" on their front page claiming that Shilpa got special treatment in the house.

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bevheth wrote:
    I haven't seen the paper and they don't seem to have the article online yet (other than this brief piece http://www.sundaymirror.co.uk/news/tm_headline=shameless-jo%2D-i%2Dm-not-sorry-%2D-i%2Dd-do-it-again-%26method=full%26objectid=18541343%26siteid=62484-name_page.html) but I was watching the 5.30 ITV news and they have just had a look at the front pages of the Sunday papers and the Sunday Mirror has "Shameless Jo: I'm not sorry and I'd do it again" on their front page claiming that Shilpa got special treatment in the house.

She certainly seems to be approaching this differently from Jade and fronting it out, and fairly successfully. As the middle one to be evicted, with the new drum roll being on Danielle tonight she's somehow missing the net. Not much coverage in the NOW online, which has been saved for Danielle today.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We didn't live in that house. Jo disliked Shilpa, That's perfectly fine. If Jo thought Shilpa got special treatment. That's fine too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been interesting to have heard Jo's limerick in full. I can't believe the harridan has the gall not to apologise or think her behaviour was anything other than appalling :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would have been interesting to have heard Jo's limerick in full. I can't believe the harridan has the gall not to apologise or think her behaviour was anything other than appalling :eek:

But if she thinks it wasn't appalling ... then it wasn't in her mind was it?

I thought the threesome were awful, but I still don't think racism was involved.

More like schoolyard stupidity and borderline bullying ...
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder what special treatment Jo is referring to?

Still, at least this doesn't sound like agent spin, eh?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is an interesting approach to take - whether it is a successful one, I'm less sure of. If it was just a case of not getting on with someone, fair enough, but she was bitchy to an extreme, lazy, idle, slovenly, chain smoking, ignorant, critical of others but not of herself, rude, offensive, not willing to join in, dismissive of others needs but demanding of them herself. That's why I don't like her and the fact that she doesn't regret how she is doesn't actually surprise me one bit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeanniexxx wrote:

I thought the threesome were awful, but I still don't think racism was involved.

What would have had to have happened for you to think that racism was involved?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bevheth wrote:
    What would have had to have happened for you to think that racism was involved?

That's a loaded question bevheth, and I wasn't there. But those who were, Carole, Cleo, Jo and Jade ... have all said it wasn't. I'd rather wait until it's all over with, and they've all done their after show interviws to have a real view on it. Especially Shilpa's ...

At the moment, I think it's all out of hand ...

Edited to add:

I think the nearest we got to it was in BB5 ... when a white woman spat in a black man's face. But then there's always people saying that he threw a metal plate ... I think you have to be there ... but I still stand by my non- rascist post - for now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeanniexxx wrote:

Jo's 'comedy' Indian accent and statement about Indians being thin because they didn't cook their food properly and were always ill were blatantly racist. There is no grey area.
  • Options
    teresagreenteresagreen Posts: 16,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jo's 'comedy' Indian accent and statement about Indians being thin because they didn't cook their food properly and were always ill were blatantly racist. There is no grey area.
    I agree, and Jo and the others took every opportunity to snipe at Shilpa, usually in a racist tone. Almost every bitchy remark had undertones about her culture.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather leave that to the Hertfordshire police - and whoever informed them.

Jo was just someone in a pop group to me ...didn't know much about her, still don't, and tbh ... don't want to after seeing her on CBB.

I'm more interested in why C4 showed it tbh.
  • Options
    davidsevendavidseven Posts: 3,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is tuffing it out as she has no career as such to be damaged.Being brazen doesn't excuse her behaviour or her lack of remorse or even embarrassment for the offence she caused.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidseven wrote:
    She is tuffing it out as she has no career as such to be damaged.Being brazen doesn't excuse her behaviour or her lack of remorse or even embarrassment for the offence she caused.

Well that's her 'off the hook' then.

She's nothing to gain or lose.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Jeanniexxx wrote:
    I'm more interested in why C4 showed it tbh.

you know why C4 showed it, because of ratings. They know from past experiece that creating the bad guy increases ratings (and that goes right back to Nasty Nick).

I just think they weren't expecting the backlash they have got (who would??) and it all got out of control for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The bullying aspect was far worse than the racist angle. But even the bullying of the Jade threesome wasn't a patch on what Shahbaz was putting up with during the first few days of last year's BB. I still have a recording somewhere of him being baited and ridiculed by a big group of seven or eight housemates all in a huddle together, all smirking and sniping :(. Why didn't that cause as much of a furore as this more minor version??

People seem to be working far harder to demonise Jo than to basically face up to the fact that her animosity towards Shilpa was intermittent and not especially aggressive in nature (laughing and not coming out to bat for Shilpa during the stock-cube “crisis” is not a hanging offence). Jo looked shocked enough when viewing the “highlights” of her bullying of Shilpa. Jade remains the catalyst for all the stuff that went on between the "school-yard gang of three" and Shilpa, and it can’t be stated strongly enough that she should never ever have been allowed to enter the house.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does Jo not have a management team? Surely there was some reason she went in the BB house? What did she want to achieve? I thought at one point in the last few days she had said that people would be loving her or something along those lines?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good morning everyone. I've been awake since 4.20 am and it's nice to know there are signs of life. Anyway, Jo has already started playing the victim, claiming that the editing didn't show her as she really was. God help us! There will be more to come, I'm sure of it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bitchy_me wrote:
    Does Jo not have a management team? Surely there was some reason she went in the BB house? What did she want to achieve? I thought at one point in the last few days she had said that people would be loving her or something along those lines?

Jo's press pack information:

Instantly recognisable as the lead vocalist from pop band S Club 7, Jo first came to the public's attention through the television series that launched the band in 1999 - Miami 7. Living with her fellow band mates Paul, Hannah, John, Bradley, Rachel and Tina, the series charted the group trying to crack America as well as showcasing their music. At one point S Club 7 were on television in 91 different countries.
    Despite huge hits, including 'S Club Party', 'Reach' and 'Don't Stop Moving', when the band split in 2003, Jo decided to take time out to catch up with friends and family and her hobby of playing the slot machines in her home town of Romford. In 2005, Jo returned to singing briefly but a lack of chart success, with her solo album, sees her spending most of her time breeding dogs. Jo has seven tattoos and her perfect day would be to sleep late and to enjoy a Chinese and a movie.
    "It was a love/hate relationship (being in the band) and we were so jetlagged. One morning we woke up thinking we were in Ireland and we were in Taiwan."

Why are you taking part in Celebrity Big Brother?
    "I've absolutely no idea why I'm doing it! It's just something I've never done before."

What do you think you'll get out of the experience of taking part in Celebrity Big Brother?
    "I'd just like the public to see me for who I am, behind the person people think I am."
    What's your greatest fear about joining the Celebrity Big Brother house?
    "All my fellow housemates hating me! I'm sure they'll nominate me because of my moaning, crying or being a pest."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bullying aspect was far worse than the racist angle. But even the bullying of the Jade threesome wasn't a patch on what Shahbaz was putting up with during the first few days of last year's BB. I still have a recording somewhere of him being baited and ridiculed by a big group of seven or eight housemates all in a huddle together, all smirking and sniping :(. Why didn't that cause as much of a furore as this more minor version??

People seem to be working far harder to demonise Jo than to basically face up to the fact that her animosity towards Shilpa was intermittent and not especially aggressive in nature (laughing and not coming out to bat for Shilpa during the stock-cube “crisis” is not a hanging offence). Jo looked shocked enough when viewing the “highlights” of her bullying of Shilpa. Jade remains the catalyst for all the stuff that went on between the "school-yard gang of three" and Shilpa, and it can’t be stated strongly enough that she should never ever have been allowed to enter the house.

Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't taken much notuice of the Shahbaz incidents, thinking that maybe he pre-empted some of the goings-on, but I now see it from a different angle.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bevheth wrote:
    Why are you taking part in Celebrity Big Brother?
    "I've absolutely no idea why I'm doing it! It's just something I've never done before."

What do you think you'll get out of the experience of taking part in Celebrity Big Brother?
    "I'd just like the public to see me for who I am, behind the person people think I am."
    What's your greatest fear about joining the Celebrity Big Brother house?
    "All my fellow housemates hating me! I'm sure they'll nominate me because of my moaning, crying or being a pest."

Thank you for that bevheth. Interesting bit that. Before I thought she was quite sweet. And now? I think she is vicious little madam. This could have been so good for her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bagsey wrote:
    you know why C4 showed it, because of ratings. They know from past experiece that creating the bad guy increases ratings (and that goes right back to Nasty Nick).

I just think they weren't expecting the backlash they have got (who would??) and it all got out of control for them.

Course I know - I saw BB1 and it being taken off air for nasty Nick to be removed ... and his reasons, which seem tame in comparison.

But when it comes to race etc ... I'd have thought BB and Endemol would have learnt a massive lesson from BB5.

Now, I hope they go back to the selection process that was in place from BB1 - BB3/4 ... and scrap CBB whilst they're paying massive amounts for 'no marks' .....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeanniexxx wrote:
    I'd rather leave that to the Hertfordshire police - and whoever informed them.

That's the problem I have with this whole situation. As if the police haven't got enough to do.

It's probably the same people who called the police when 'Fight night' happened.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Why didn't that cause as much of a furore as this more minor version??

For 3 reasons.

1) Shabaz was a very strange character. I'm not saying he deserved to be bullied but he wasn't very likeable. Shilpa on the other hand (imho) is very likeable and I while I felt uncomfortable watching both sets, I particularly felt annoyed about Shilpa being bullied.

2) Shabaz quit. If he had stayed and it continued for a few more days, I think we might have seen this sort of reaction too.

3) The Jade effect. A lot of people have felt unhappy about how well Jade has done out of BB and so it seems to me that many were just waiting for her to make mistakes so they could jump on her. She, of course did just that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for pointing that out. I hadn't taken much notuice of the Shahbaz incidents, thinking that maybe he pre-empted some of the goings-on, but I now see it from a different angle.

Two things make his bullying worse than Shilpa's for me. First the number of people involved in ridiculing and belittling him (with Richard, Sezer, Grace and Imogen leading the way). Secondly, I think he was far less well equipped to deal with the attacks than Shilpa, who I think has real steel and strength. Shahbaz in comparison was a vulnerable, mixed-up bag of nerves.

Yes, you could say he “invited” some of what he was subjected to, but I still think they went over the top. It was vicious, and sustained, in comparision to what Shilpa was subjected to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bitchy_me wrote:

She didn't want to achieve anything as far as I could see. She said all along that she wanted to save the house she was in danger of losing ...

As for the psychobabble, I really believe she has problems, but still say she went in for the money, and showed a different side to her character.

It makes me wonder how 'celebs' would be if they did go in for longer than 26 days ....