Options

Champions League 2015/16

Comments

• Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looked in the first half that Messi was going to be an easy choice for MOTM but surely it's Hart

Though in fairness, I think some of the finishing has been weak from Barca.
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think codeblue was a little hasty calling Joe Hart the best goalkeeper in the world, but he's certainly excelled this half.
  • Options
    NiteOwl12NiteOwl12 Posts: 6,127
    Forum Member
    I don't think Hart is the best goalkeeper in Manchester, never mind the world, but he was terrific tonight.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes he had a very good game a surprise to me juventus getting through watched some of it Dortmund were poor.

Co-efficient will take a definite kicking , not sure who are how than can't be changed in the near future
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always rated Joe Hart think he's brill, you just have to see past the hair :)
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NiteOwl12 wrote: »
    I don't think Hart is the best goalkeeper in Manchester, never mind the world, but he was terrific tonight.

Exactly, Hart is a good goalkeeper, but no way is he even near being the best in Manchester, nevermind the whole world!
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've always rated Joe Hart think he's brill, you just have to see past the hair :)

Yep. He was the best player for City tonight. If it wasn't for him, the score could have been a lot higher for Barcelona. It does not say much for the City defence tonight though.

Well done to Barcelona though. Their quality was too much for city.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    He tends to get found out in the big internationals
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    Exactly, Hart is a good goalkeeper, but no way is he even near being the best in Manchester, nevermind the whole world!

Would agree with this Hart is a quality goalie when he is on form but De Gea is one of the best in the world right now, United would be in a much worse position now if it wasn't for De Gea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fergie86 wrote: »
    Would agree with this Hart is a quality goalie when he is on form but De Gea is one of the best in the world right now, United would be in a much worse position now if it wasn't for De Gea.

Wouldn't we just!

Him Young, and Rooney have basically been our only good players for the majority of the season so far.
  • Options
    Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Messi is that good that he makes the likes of Suarez, Neymar and Aguero look average, when they clearly aren't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    Messi is that good that he makes the likes of Suarez, Neymar and Aguero look average, when they clearly aren't.

It is a pleasure to say that I am living through his career, it is something that I will take great pleasure in telling the younger generation in the future.
  • Options
    coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gary Lineker should stick to eating crisps instead of making daft suggestions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I do get that feeling with some english sides city tonight post match, that they give an impression now europe is not that important .

I get the feeling the massive tv deal is a factor but this could prove costly in the medium term
  • Options
    celesticelesti Posts: 26,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That feeling you get when English sides lose is blood rushing south.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    I do get that feeling with some english sides city tonight post match, that they give an impression now europe is not that important .

I get the feeling the massive tv deal is a factor but this could prove costly in the medium term

That feeling you get is now responsible for a crater in my forehead from a facepalm, and the death of my faith in humanity.
  • Options
    misawa97misawa97 Posts: 11,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Messi is the greatest. I didn't see the greats of the past generations but to better than Messi means they must of been out of this world.
  • Options
    PeePee Posts: 8,154
    Forum Member
    Hart kept this one down to single figures on his own tonight. an absolutely massive gulf in class otherwise.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    Something that has intrigued me last few years what is city's acceptable position in Europe, every year people tip then on here to semis etc but it's not going to happen.

Might they even be even be third seeds in the group stages next year

First it was inexperience, they looked very naive in European competitions. Now they look vulnerable in defence. Kompany and Zabaleta were two of the best and most consistent defenders In Eurpope, both are suffering a dip in form. Demichelis is an intelligent player but he is so slow that he can be a liability. Then there's Yaya Toure, he's rightfully praised for scoring some fantastic goals but he can't (or won't ) do his bit in defence when needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The likes of Monaco and PSG seemed to do ok first season back in the CL.

Not sure why city have struggled so much. Even when getting through the group they make it hard work.
  • Options
    Fergie86Fergie86 Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    misawa97 wrote: »
    The likes of Monaco and PSG seemed to do ok first season back in the CL.

Not sure why city have struggled so much. Even when getting through the group they make it hard work.

It's a strange one, with the money they have spent they should be at the later stages of the tournament, City seem to be no nearer winning the Champions League than they were when they first entered.
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think the problem with City is that the core of great players that have seen them achieve success have been replaced by inferior ones.

Silva,Aguero,Toure,Zabaleta,Kompany. How long have they been at City now? I think they have spent a fortune to build up a team to include quality but they have struggled to maintain it. The last two summers were poor in terms of transfers imo. They are relying on past players to pull them through.

I think you can get away with it to a certain extent in the premier league but such defences are found out against the best in Europe.

I think it's similar to why Manchester United are now playing catch up. Investment in the right kind of players was lacking and they have relied on the old guard to get by. Time waits for no one unfortunately.
  • Options
    dtcdtcdtcdtcdtcdtc Posts: 16,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Heard this on the radio last night. City's line up 4 years ago when they lost to Napoli

Very similar line up to last night. Doesn't reflect well on the new signings

Hart
    Kompany
    Zabaleta
    Lescott
    Kolarov
    Milner
    Silva
    De Jong (Nasri - 70' )
    Y Toure
    Dzeko (Aguero - 81' )
    Balotelli
  • Options
    DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In order for Man City to compete with the likes of Barca and Real Madrid, they need to spend like them and with FFP it's going to be pretty much impossible.

The fact that most of the best players in the world form an orderly queue to join Barca or Real Madrid makes it even tougher for lots of other clubs.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In order for Man City to compete with the likes of Barca and Real Madrid, they need to spend like them and with FFP it's going to be pretty much impossible.

The fact that most of the best players in the world form an orderly queue to join Barca or Real Madrid makes it even tougher for lots of other clubs.

This.

FFP hurts the likes of City as even though they have the wealth to buy players unless they can justify it with real turnover figures its not possible.