Jamiroquai

trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Whats your fave single from this great band? mine is "Return of the Space Cowboy" LOVE the club mixes too :)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Foolosophy. I like the Space Cowboy club mix too. Well, there's plenty I like, but hey, I gave my favourite. :)
  • trawets09trawets09 Posts: 1,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haruhion wrote: »
    Love Foolosophy. I like the Space Cowboy club mix too. Well, there's plenty I like, but hey, I gave my favourite. :)

Do you have the ROTSC single with all the different mixes? I'd highly recommend it
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Probably Virtual Insanity. Loved the video.
  • SILLY SUESILLY SUE Posts: 5,499
    Forum Member
    'Cosmic Girl' is probably my fave - love that one. :)

'Virtual Insanity' does have a cool vid to it (purchased off iTunes). Plus I've also got the 'Canned Heat' vid.

I have the 'High Times: Singles 1992-2006' singles/best of /greatest hits collection. Some good tunes on it.
  • tortfeasortortfeasor Posts: 7,000
    Forum Member
    If pushed, I would have to say "Alright," "Too Young To Die" and "Space Cowboy" are my favourite Jamiroquai singles. I couldn't possibly settle for one favourite single though. "Alright" was and still is one of my favourite summer songs - laid back, disco inspired and you've got to love the synths!

I seem to be in a minority but my favourite mix of "Space Cowboy" is without a doubt the album version, which has a distinctly different bassline, vocal line and tempo from the single/radio mix, often referred to as the 'stoned again' version - very aptly so too! :D

I was lucky enough to see Jamiroquai on tour a few years ago and maintain that they are incredibly underrated.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    You give me something
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Canned Heat for me..such a funky Choon :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    Probably Deeper Underground for me. I love the bass.

I've seen them live. They were pretty good but I never got into them much.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think thiers a single i dont like from them!! which is rare
  • WizardjWizardj Posts: 3,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably Too Young To Die or the Space Cowboy mix, but they did have a lot of good tunes :cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member
    Probably "Too young to die" "7 days in sunny june" and "alright".

Have never been able to listen to "virtual insanity" and never understood why its their most well known song:eek:

saw them live and they were pretty amazing but towards the end,Jay Kay's cocky attitute put me off:rolleyes:
  • cody jarrettcody jarrett Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    Probably "Too young to die" "7 days in sunny june" and "alright".

Have never been able to listen to "virtual insanity" and never understood why its their most well known song
    :eek:

I agree with everything you said!
  • NailzNailz Posts: 3,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think they went downhill after the first 2 albums. They were good from start to finish. The new stuff I've heard from the upcoming album is a mixed bag - some odd rock stuff going on there mixed with their usual funk style.

They should also promote the band rather than just Jay Kay. It's all about him and his ego, and that attracts the haters - see Maroon 5 for example.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 127
    Forum Member
    Probably Deeper Underground for me. I love the bass.

I've seen them live. They were pretty good but I never got into them much.

Yeah i agree, Deeper Underground is my favourite... Its EPIC. Love the video for it too with JK jumping from car bonnet to car bonnet...

I disagree though i prefer his newer songs to his older ones... 'Feels just like it should' and 'Give love a chance' they just feel more exciting...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love Jamiroquai it's so difficult to choose a favourite, Black Devil Car is one of my personal favourites along with Deeper underground, but anything by Jamiroquai is great in my opinion. ;)
  • TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iceman09 wrote: »
    Love Jamiroquai it's so difficult to choose a favourite, Black Devil Car is one of my personal favourites along with Deeper underground, but anything by Jamiroquai is great in my opinion. ;)

So true
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another Jamiroquai fan here.

Deeper Underground, Don't Give Hate A Chance and Blow Your Mind are top of the list. :D
  • reishunreishun Posts: 3,200
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saw them/him on Jools and had forgotten how good the intro riff to deeper underground was, definitely my favourite of theirs.
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jamiroquai have an excellent new single out called Lifeline. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wfhx92A8qf8&feature=fvst

I have heard it on Pure Radio and, I think, Tameside Radio. I heard Imagine FM play two Jamiroquai oldies on Friday but not their new single sadly.

Coincidentally, my 3 favourite Jamiroquai singles (Too Young to Die from 1993, Love Foolosophy 2002 and Lifeline from 2011) are all 9 years apart. I therefore have a happy 2020 vision!
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am probably on a Jamiroquai hype at the moment. I listen to all of his songs every single day.

I have a lot of favourites, but these are the list of the ones I actually love:

Space Cowboy (Remix), Virtual Insanity, Cosmic Girl, Little L, Love Foolosophy and Runaway.
    I also love the B side of Virtual Insanity, called Bullet. A bit of an odd song though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trawets09 wrote: »
    Whats your fave single from this great band? mine is "Return of the Space Cowboy" LOVE the club mixes too :)

This.

The remix by David Morales in 1995 is considered one of the finest remixes of all time.

I love the very first album a well.
  • crazymonkcrazymonk Posts: 1,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow they have many top tracks:

Canned Heat, Stop Don't Panic, Love Foolosophy, Seven Days In Sunny June, Too Young To Die, Little L, You Give Me Something, Feels So Good, Space Cowboy, Virtual Insanity, Cosmic Girl, Deeper Underground....

:eek:

Great band!
  • CombatHamsterCombatHamster Posts: 2,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Taboo wrote: »
    Have never been able to listen to "virtual insanity" and never understood why its their most well known song:eek:

I do like Virtual Insanity but I think they have much better songs. I suppose I'm just sick of it though.

As for my favourite... the remix of Space Cowboy is definitely up there. But I think I'd go for Little L, it was the song that got me into Jamiroquai after all. I love that whole album actually.

Anyone else disappointed in the new album? I admit my expectations weren't that high, but there isn't really a single track on there I like, it all just trundles along without ever interesting me.

I wasn't overly keen on Dynamite either but at least it had a few songs on it I liked (Don't Give Hate A Chance, Black Devil Car, etc). I also loved the single Runaway from the Greatest Hits album.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A great band, always had a thing for Virtual Insanity when I was growing up but tbh its not my favourite

I adore Canned Heat being a disco fan, and Cosmic Girl is fabulous

Gotta go with Return of the Space Cowboy and Seven Days in Sunny June. The latter in my opinion is very overlooked. I also love Steve's Mac remix of Seven Days too :cool:
  • pikeurpikeur Posts: 1,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably the band i hate the most, i see why people might like them but personnally i hate their music with a passion,