Mc Donalds Xmas Menu

newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
Forum Member
It's back!

Complete with the Cheese melt dippers and festive dip...mmmmmm.....

Comments

• fonzerellifonzerelli Posts: 979
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boak!
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    McYuk........:mad: :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,442
    Forum Member
    I didn't even know they did a Christmas Menu - what else is on this menu? And what is the festive dip exactly?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't even know they did a Christmas Menu - what else is on this menu? And what is the festive dip exactly?

cranberry, gravy and sprout sauce!
  • newda898newda898 Posts: 5,465
    Forum Member

Another two forms of McBurger.
    Festive dip is a slightly spicy tomatoey dip. (No sprouts! :p)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please tell me they're doing the festive mince pie with custard?? I got a little bit addicted to those last year :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,383
    Forum Member
    Please tell me they're doing the festive mince pie with custard?? I got a little bit addicted to those last year :o

"McDonald’s is launching an advertising campaign to support the return of its festive menu with a new premium burger, the Festive Deluxe.

The festive menu also includes the Chicken and Bacon Supreme, Cheese Melt Dippers, Festive Pie and the Terry’s Chocolate Orange McFlurry, which is back after a three-year absence.

The Festive Delux is a beefburger with cheese, bacon, red onion rings, Batavia lettuce, a Honey BBQ glaze and a smoky peppered mayo in a square cheese-topped Focaccia bun.

The festive menu launches on Wednesday (24 November) and will be supported with a Christmas themed advertising campaign across TV, outdoor and press."
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Not what I call food.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LCDMAN wrote: »
    "McDonald’s is launching an advertising campaign to support the return of its festive menu with a new premium burger, the Festive Deluxe.

The festive menu also includes the Chicken and Bacon Supreme, Cheese Melt Dippers, Festive Pie and the Terry’s Chocolate Orange McFlurry, which is back after a three-year absence.

The Festive Delux is a beefburger with cheese, bacon, red onion rings, Batavia lettuce, a Honey BBQ glaze and a smoky peppered mayo in a square cheese-topped Focaccia bun.

The festive menu launches on Wednesday (24 November) and will be supported with a Christmas themed advertising campaign across TV, outdoor and press."

YAY for the mince pies!!!

On second thoughts :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG, i love festive pies! I'll be getting one tomorrow :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the attraction of Mac anything? I am lost as to why they get air time.

I had a Mcdonald burger and chips and threw it all in the bin after one bite. It was disgusting. The cardboard box was probably the best bit.

If everyone avoided their muck then they would disappear as quickly as Wimpy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cheese melt dippers <3
    Forum Member
    sirpipe wrote: »

I had a Mcdonald burger and chips and threw it all in the bin after one bite. It was disgusting. The cardboard box was probably the best bit.

Give you a clue - stop eating the cardboard box.:p;) Still have a Wimpy near me :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LCDMAN wrote: »

The Festive Delux is a beefburger with cheese, bacon, red onion rings, Batavia lettuce, a Honey BBQ glaze and a smoky peppered mayo in a square cheese-topped Focaccia bun.The festive menu launches on Wednesday (24 November) and will be supported with a Christmas themed advertising campaign across TV, outdoor and press."

The Mcflurry is very Christmassy!

I don't understand how the delux is anything festive???:confused:
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give you a clue - stop eating the cardboard box.:p;) Still have a Wimpy near me :D

There's a wimpy not too far from me too!
    I hate the way people dictate whay we should and should not eat on this forum. I have mcdonalds normally once every 2 or 3 months, the rest of the time I could fresh seasonal produce, make my own bread etc, so why should I forgo that and quite frankly, it's nobody elses business.
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, I don't really like McDonalds (prefer BK!) but I tried one of their festive menus a few years back and it was lovely! Might need a trip to McDonalds soon... :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 208
    Forum Member
    There's a wimpy not too far from me too!
    I hate the way people dictate whay we should and should not eat on this forum. I have mcdonalds normally once every 2 or 3 months, the rest of the time I could fresh seasonal produce, make my own bread etc, so why should I forgo that and quite frankly, it's nobody elses business.

While it's true that it's nobody else's business, this is a forum on which people post their opinions on food. And really, I dont think there is much wrong with saying McDonalds is not nice. You could say you don't think much of Marmite sandwiches, and it wouldn;t bother me as I tucked into my lunch.
    Also, some people think that Maccy D and their ilk are morally reprehensible. I'm not sure whether there would be anywhere to express that opinion better than a thread about what is cynically described as food by fast food multinationals?:confused:
  • Rawr!Rawr! Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not what I call food.

Ah but your definition doesn't count. Crap food it may be, but it is food.
  • Rawr!Rawr! Posts: 788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I thought it was simple, the attraction is that people like the taste.

That's where you're going wrong. Judging it based upon only one experience.

They won't, because people will pay for what they like, and not avoid things purely because someone like yourself (with limited experience) call it muck.

There's a lot of things I don't like about McDonalds, but there is a place in my diet for it once in a blue moon, it doesn't hurt because I am aware of what is in it and can adjust my diet appropriately once I've had one.

Moderation is all that is needed.
  • whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While it's true that it's nobody else's business, this is a forum on which people post their opinions on food. And really, I dont think there is much wrong with saying McDonalds is not nice. You could say you don't think much of Marmite sandwiches, and it wouldn;t bother me as I tucked into my lunch.
    Also, some people think that Maccy D and their ilk are morally reprehensible. I'm not sure whether there would be anywhere to express that opinion better than a thread about what is cynically described as food by fast food multinationals?:confused:

This thread isn't about whether or like you enjoy mcdonalds, it's about their festive menu.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not a McD's fan but I just can't resist their deep fried cheeses. I had the mozzerella sticks during the summer....nom nom nom.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i know its no good for us but i love a maccys :D
    Forum Member
    This thread isn't about whether or like you enjoy mcdonalds, it's about their festive menu.

Perhaps you should be telling that to all the people who simply say that they like it, without discussing the festive menu too. :confused:
    There would be maybe 5 posts remaining, at a pinch. Thats fine with me, but I didn;t realise that there was a rulebook on how far one could discuss the company behind a product on these forums.
    Forum Member

Although I agree that the food forum is the place to say whether you like/dislike something, I don't think it is right to judge and sneer at people for enjoying a food you dislike.

And that tends to be the way people who dislike McDonalds/Other Fast Food/Supermarket Packet food/etc. tend to be, I mean the comments might be being misinterpreted and that is a common problem on forums, but as you say cynically described as food - what is cynical about calling food food?

The food might not be the freshest most organic blah blah blah food in the world but it is still food.
    Forum Member
    Although I agree that the food forum is the place to say whether you like/dislike something, I don't think it is right to judge and sneer at people for enjoying a food you dislike.

And that tends to be the way people who dislike McDonalds/Other Fast Food/Supermarket Packet food/etc. tend to be, I mean the comments might be being misinterpreted and that is a common problem on forums, but as you say cynically described as food - what is cynical about calling food food?

The food might not be the freshest most organic blah blah blah food in the world but it is still food.

I think to suggest that there is judging and sneering going of people, rather than the organizations themselves, may be at least in this case, projection, but there we are.

Look, doughnuts are food, mechanically reclaimed meat is food, medically, protein shakes are a food, fertilizer is food. Its all food. Do I think chocolate orange mcflurries really count as real food?
    Skimmed Milk, Cream, Sugar, Whey Powder, Glucose Syrup, Stabiliser (Guar Gum, Mono and Diglycerides of Fatty Acids, Nature Identical Flavouring, Carrageenan, Dextrose)
    Sweetened Condensed Whole Milk, Sugar, Water, Coconut Fat, Reduced Fat Cocoa Powder, Modified Starch, Stabiliser (Sodium Citrate), Salt, Natural Flavour
    Milk Chocolate (99.75%) (Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Whole Milk Powder, Cocoa Mass, Whey Powder, Vegetable Fat, Emulsifiers (Ammonium Phosphatides, Polyglycerol Polyricinoleates), Natural Vanilla Flavouring), Orange Oil (0.25%)
    No, I'm not really sure that all of those items, I would really describe as 'food'