Options

For people who have been to the x factor live shows...

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 911
Forum Member
✭✭
What time do you get there for to get almost guarenteed access ? Also do they give you some sort of band where you can go off and get a drink and go back at a later time?

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went the year Rhydian was on the show, with applause store tickets. Got there 10am, and there were 2 people in the queue in front of us. By 3pm, the line behind us stretched so far back we couldn't see the end. Only my group (4 of us), the girls in front, and 2 more people behind us got to see the show.

So I guess the moral of that story is - go early :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    marlyly wrote: »
    I went the year Rhydian was on the show, with applause store tickets. Got there 10am, and there were 2 people in the queue in front of us. By 3pm, the line behind us stretched so far back we couldn't see the end. Only my group (4 of us), the girls in front, and 2 more people behind us got to see the show.

U kidding me? why did they let so few in
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beep2 wrote: »
    U kidding me? why did they let so few in

It was the night Duran Duran performed so they brought some of their families and friends, then a lot of contestants families and friends also went. This was quite far into the show too, when there were only about 5 contestants left.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheers.
    Anyone else having any experiences?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone
  • Options
    lisa1972lisa1972 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    I went week 3 with stand by tickets. i got there at 830am and was front of the queue. By about 1030/11 the queue was quite long. As long as one of you is in the queue others can go off for food (there is a maccies round the corner) About 3ish they come and stamp your hand, all of you need to be there at this point or else you wont get in. once youvehad your hand stamped you can come and go like before but need to be there about 5/530ish to go in for 6. The moral of this is that the earlir you can get there the better, no later than 1030/11 but earlier if yo can especially with it getting near the final ( i would go no later than 930/10 myself)

Another tip, dress up, take banners anything to make you stand out :) you do this you will get the best seats :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    marlyly wrote: »

these tickets, did you have to pay for them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    these tickets, did you have to pay for them?

No not if she was a member of applause at the time, I had 4 tickets to the very first X from them as we had to be there early but not as early as you do now. We queued for hours though, but we did get in as we had VIP applause tickets.

As someone said, make up, dress up and take banners, you stand out you should get good seats.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Ah, I have just been mooching about the intenet as you do and saw an advert for tickets (at £24.99 or something) and thought it would be a bit of a con if you paid for tickets and queued and didn't get in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My friend got 2 tickets for the results show when Cheryl was on it, we arrived at about 9ish and were in the first 15 people in the queue. At that point we assumed we were garenteed to get in!

At around 3/4 they stamped our hands and said that this didn;t mean we were deffo going to be going in but we thought it was pretty likely. I think it was about 5 or 6ish they started to let the priorty people in, there were LOADS of them, we didn't realise just how many... my friend asked the person incharge whether we were likely to get in and he said "As cheryl is performing she has tonnes of production guests coming to see her so less none prioty people will get in tonight than normal." They then eventually started to let in a few people from the none priority queue, we DID get in JUST but we were split up (we werent actually sat too far appart :)). There literally wasn't a lot of time after we were let in before cheryl prerecorded her song. I remember when we walked into the studio the lady seating us said "You do realise just how lucky you are don't you?!" and I remembered thinking "Yeah, SO lucky... we've been stood outside in the cold and the rain for god knows how many hours, our feet are numb and now we are being told to cheer loudly for Cheryl or else we will be kicked out" but tbh once the show starts you get caught up in the buzz of it all - it is SO exciting :D

Good luck getting in, just turn up early! We were about 15th in the queue and were one of the last people let in for the entire show!

Ooh and to answer you other question.. for the majority of the queuing process (as long as you are with another person) you can just get them to stay in the line whilst you go to the loo or get a drink, and they did let you leave the queue until about 5ish i think! They do warn you when your last oppertunity is to leave it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I am a close relative of a contestant and have been to every live show. Will give you my best advice based on experience so far and hope it helps. The 'production guests' get in first. These are more 'family and friends' invited by the contestants on a Saturday. Each one gets about 12 and the group get about 6 each for the Saturday and the Sunday so the acts are not eating up loads of tickets? Then there are always loads of 'VIP' people. On a Sunday though, these people become far more because they want to see the established famous acts e.g. Take That - it's the hottest ticket in town? - we are very privilaged to be there? On a Sunday, the 'production guests and VIP's' queue is treble what it is on a Saturday. Probably too late now for this year but go for a Saturday and get there early if you want to get in. I've no idea how many general public people got in on any night but I know it wasn't many on any recent Sunday. Really feel for people who have travelled a long way, got there early but don't get in.
  • Options
    dexydaldexydal Posts: 1,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was there last night, there were hundreds queueing outside, but I only saw a handful come in.

The majority of the audience are contestants families and friends. One Direction certainly had more then six members each there. There are production staff tickets and VIP guests who fill up most of the remaining seats, It is actually a very small studio, nowhere near as big as it looks on the television.
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has to be the best thread ever. Very informative.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    This is rubbish regarding the contestants tickets but true about the production staff and other VIP's getting the majority. Also true that the audience is much smaller then you think on the TV - maybe 700-800 people. The solo artists get 10 or so each and the group get 6 each - fact. I was there too so you are wrong - full stop.
    dexydal wrote: »
    I was there last night, there were hundreds queueing outside, but I only saw a handful come in.

The majority of the audience are contestants families and friends. One Direction certainly had more then six members each there. There are production staff tickets and VIP guests who fill up most of the remaining seats, It is actually a very small studio, nowhere near as big as it looks on the television.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is rubbish regarding the contestants tickets but true about the production staff and other VIP's getting the majority. Also true that the audience is much smaller then you think on the TV - maybe 700-800 people. The solo artists get 10 or so each and the group get 6 each - fact. I was there too so you are wrong - full stop.

The studio actually holds between 500-600 depending on the staging, No way does it hold what you are saying. Don't tell me I am wrong on how many tickets the contestants get, I walked into an empty studio yesterday and their names are on the chairs, the single contestants had two rows each, which is more then ten. The group took up a large section. Whether they are personal ticket allocations I don't know, but I do know how the seats were marked up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So who does all the unholy screeching for the younger acts, and did the major booing for Katie & Wagner?

Is that the other contestant's family & friends?
    Coming from this thread there is a small number of public audience there, the rest being family/friends/VIPs/Production staff (esp on a Sunday night as I understand it?)
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get production tickets so dont have to queue up :p

If you get the free tickets and want guaranteed entry.. then 8, 9 am.

Anywhen after 12PM and no chance. Sliding scale inbetween.

The studio this year is seating 800 odd. There are varying "levels" of tickets such as VIPs, friends and family, competition winners, production, priority plus (not sure if they still do that mind) then priority. Only once all of them are seated do the free audience members fill up the slots.

The allocation varies week to week, sometimes it can be a few hundred, other times 10 or 20. Obviously you can generally predict (e.g. if Cheryl is performing, it's gonna be less)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    foxylox wrote: »
    So who does all the unholy screeching for the younger acts, and did the major booing for Katie & Wagner?

Coming from this thread there is a small number of public audience there, the rest being family/friends/VIPs/Production staff (esp on a Sunday night as I understand it?)

Cher got booed as well last night
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    foxylox wrote: »

The booing for Cher last night came from the family and friends.

I think more Applause Store ticket holders get in on a Saturday then a Sunday. You could see there weren't many places for the GP yesterday, as nearly all the seats had names or contestants names on them, Talk Talk being the main sponsors also get a chunk of seating.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dexydal wrote: »
    The booing for Cher last night came from the family and friends.

I think more Applause Store ticket holders get in on a Saturday then a Sunday. You could see there weren't many places for the GP yesterday, as nearly all the seats had names or contestants names on them, Talk Talk being the main sponsors also get a chunk of seating.

thanks..struck me this year as far more booing, which does lend more dramatics on side of the television viewers, but not a fan of it! It strikes me as rude & offputting really..observation
  • Options
    CloudyECloudyE Posts: 9,230
    Forum Member
    lisa1972 wrote: »
    Another tip, dress up, take banners anything to make you stand out :) you do this you will get the best seats :D

If you are female, a loud screamer, under 20 and get there at anytime you will get front 6 row seats too by the look of the audience behind the judges ;). I am sure that they are shipped in especially to bolster Simons hype. When Louis had the crowd shouting for Wagner, for some strange reason they were far further back in the audience and therefore not as loud.