Options

Lost your Sky signal because of the snow?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
Forum Member
Easy to fix this problem - it is NOT caused by snow in sky - it is caused by snow SITTING IN FRONT OF YOUR SATELITE DISH LNB! Get a brush and wipe it off the LNB (the box pointing at dish) and your Sky pixelating breakups and "NO SIGNAL" will be instantly fixed! I just did it to mine now...

Comments

• Options
    kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A swift snowball to the dish also works if it is out of reach of a broom handle
  • Options
    markssmithmarkssmith Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    I seem to remember years back when i learnt how to instal dishes that you should spray the dish surface with some wd40 to help keep water and snow off the dish face.
    Would this still work in the current arctic conditions we're having now?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    a garden hose fixed my issue and my neighbours after I posted on Facebook I'd fixed it that way. Had to stand on the kid's trampoline to get high enough, just as well nobody can see into our garden easily, the wife and I in fleeces standing on the edge of a trampoline squirting water at the roof being illuminated by a torch with a foot of snow lying around us...:D
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    a garden hose fixed my issue and my neighbours after I posted on Facebook I'd fixed it that way. Had to stand on the kid's trampoline to get high enough, just as well nobody can see into our garden easily, the wife and I in fleeces standing on the edge of a trampoline squirting water at the roof being illuminated by a torch with a foot of snow lying around us...:D

lol at the mental image :D I would have loved to have done that... :o:D
  • Options
    MartinPickeringMartinPickering Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    geogan wrote: »
    Easy to fix this problem - it is NOT caused by snow in sky

It could be. See my reply to your DUPLICATE post here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1413312

And there is an ongoing discussion about snow on the dish here: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1412454
  • Options
    metanoiametanoia Posts: 635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I contemplated doing this when my Sky stopped working during the first lot of heavy snow, however I couldn't really see any snow on the dish and I also couldn't reach if I could, I assumed that the pure volume of snow that there had been had actually knocked the dish out of alignment (it looked a bit low)

I called an engineer and they asked me if I'd tried to knock the snow off with a broom, they said half their call outs recently were because of people doing that and moving the dish by mistake.

So be warned if you do use a broom, be gentle.

My Sky started working again the next day on it's own, so probably was ice on the LNB.