Options

Steps - Appreciation Thread

adzieeadziee Posts: 828
Forum Member
✭✭
Saw someone mention that there wasn't one so thought i would make one :p I love Steps! Glad they are getting back together :D

Comments

• Options
    x_hayes_xx_hayes_x Posts: 6,285
    Forum Member
    adziee wrote: »
    Saw someone mention that there wasn't one so thought i would make one :p I love Steps! Glad they are getting back together :D

Thanx for creating one hehe...yeah I love Steps too lol! What's your favourite Steps song??? :confused: Mine is 'Better Best Forgotten'. <3:p;):):D
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wooo Hooooooo!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BMLisa wrote: »
    Wooo Hooooooo!

Yay hehe! :p;):):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    never been so excited in my life!!!!
  • Options
    adzieeadziee Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    x_hayes_x wrote: »
    Thanx for creating one hehe...yeah I love Steps too lol! What's your favourite Steps song??? :confused: Mine is 'Better Best Forgotten'. <3:p;):):D

I like 'Heartbeat' and 'Last Thing On My Mind' and 'One For Sorrow' Ahh i remember the days watching that Steps video of them sat on the couch floating about and learning the dance moves :p
  • Options
    Patsey10Patsey10 Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    adziee wrote: »
    I like 'Heartbeat' and 'Last Thing On My Mind' and 'One For Sorrow' Ahh i remember the days watching that Steps video of them sat on the couch floating about and learning the dance moves :p

My daughter (who is now 18)was a huge Steps fan and I well remember that video! I liked their music too-just a bit of fun to listen to.:D
  • Options
    murphster86murphster86 Posts: 79
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see this new documentary about them, hoping that it leads onto bigger and bigger things including new albums and concerts. If they went on tour then i'd be there like a shot

My fav song is Last Thing On My Mind :D

Also, Faye went to the same Upper school as me, and our music teacher from Middle school was in the Tragedy video in the Church.

God i love Steps! :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steps appreation thread! Haha:D:D I'm so glad someone made this!!!
  • Options
    idlewildgirlidlewildgirl Posts: 1,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved Steps! Saw them 20+ times live back in the day! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    im glad steps are back together.

My fave song by them has always been 'The way you make me feel'

I love tragedy as well :) i remember claires wide mouth lol :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    mich92 wrote: »
    im glad steps are back together.

My fave song by them has always been 'The way you make me feel'

I love tragedy as well :) i remember claires wide mouth lol :D

this!!!
  • Options
    sej17sej17 Posts: 377
    Forum Member
    I love Steps too.

I have their Gold CD of Greatest Hits and the Last Dance CD aswell. I still play both of them regularly.

I love the song After The Love Has Gone most of all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got "The Next Step Tour Live", "Steps Gold" and another VHS! :D
  • Options
    _Venger__Venger_ Posts: 3,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't mind them in the day but whats gonna appeal now? the whole campy colourful cheesetastic thing they had working for them in 1998 isn't gonna work anymore. Times have changes as have their looks and ages.

I just see this being a huge disaster
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah steps, those were the days :D I used to make sure i learned all the dance routines :o

Deeper shade of blue was my favourite song of theirs, i liked the cover of better the devil you know before i fell in love with the original
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I literally cannot narrow it down any smaller than:

The way you make me feel
    I know him so well ( just the girls Live version)
    You'll be Sorry
    Summer of Love
    After the Love has Gone
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gonna have to start practising the Steps again! lol
  • Options
    SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    I can't wait to see this new documentary about them, hoping that it leads onto bigger and bigger things

I read the story about this on the BBC news red button listings earlier.

It is, of course, what Take That did before their comeback (although minus Robbie at that time even though he took part in the doc).

If Steps have similar ambition do people think they might have to do what Take That also did, which is come back with a different style? They provided a lot of enjoyment and fun for a whole lot of people but pop has moved on a lot since then.
  • Options
    ChrisJamesSatsChrisJamesSats Posts: 458
    Forum Member
    I'm so delighted by the recent news. I was a massive fan back in the day, infact I still am and I have been waiting for some form of reunion for years. My favourite single is (I'm probably alone on this) You'll Be Sorry! I had all 3 albums and the Greatest Hits, I was just getting into dance music when I was 10/11 which is the time when Buzz came out so that by far was my favourite album after loving the first two. I know you can't really count Buzz as dance music but to a 10 year old it was.

My favourite singles in order:
    1 - Here And Now / You'll Be Sorry
    2 - Chain Reaction / One For Sorrow
    3 - Heartbeat / Tragedy
    4 - Better Best Forgotten
    5 - Say You'll Be Mine / Better The Devil You Know

My favourite album tracks (some of):
    1 - Since You Took Your Love Away (Steptacular)
    2 - Wouldn't Hurt So Bad (Buzz)
    3 - Paradise Lost (Buzz)
    4 - Movin' On (Steptacular)
    5 - Happy Go Lucky (Buzz).

I wasn't that fond of the album tracks on Step One, however I loved the singles.

One more thing (I'm sure most people have stopped reading my post by now), Step One, Steptacular & Buzz are all on Digital Download Stores and also Spotify. However, the version of Step One that has been released digitally is the US version, rather than the UK one. I'm not sure if anybody has noticed. Is this a mistake? It seems to be like that every site I go on. It just means that Step One and Steptacular appear to have a few songs the same on each album and to casual listeners they might think its a Wordsheadlines situation.
  • Options
    Nicki_r_pNicki_r_p Posts: 1,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was a massive fan back in the day - I'm completely chuffed they've finally agreed to do something that resembles a reunion!

I might be alone in my thinking, but I don't want new material. I just want a goodbye tour - something that didn't happen the first time.

I can then finally get closure on my teenage years, haha!
    I was still at school when they were around the first time. Going to a Steps concert 10 years ago would be a completely different experience, but I'd be going with the same people, so it would be a fantastic night of reminiscing...

Oh, and favourite songs? One for Sorrow, closely followed by It's the Way you make me feel.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Nicki_r_p wrote: »
    I was a massive fan back in the day - I'm completely chuffed they've finally agreed to do something that resembles a reunion!

I might be alone in my thinking, but I don't want new material. I just want a goodbye tour - something that didn't happen the first time.

I can then finally get closure on my teenage years, haha!
    I was still at school when they were around the first time. Going to a Steps concert 10 years ago would be a completely different experience, but I'd be going with the same people, so it would be a fantastic night of reminiscing...

Oh, and favourite songs? One for Sorrow, closely followed by It's the Way you make me feel.

I agree with you hehe, a 'Goodbye Tour' would be nice seeing as we didn't get one first time round...here's hoping lol! :p;):):D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    First of all...who is watching 'Claire Richards: Slave to Food' on Sky Living at the moment?!?! :confused: I am & I love it...go Claire, you rock yay hehe! :p;):):D

Also I SO can't wait for the following lol...not long to go now:

'Steps Reunion' starts on Sky Living on September 28th, 8pm.

Steps 'Ultimate Collection' is released on 10/10/2011. <3
  • Options
    robertaloud30robertaloud30 Posts: 3,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    x_hayes_x wrote: »
    'Steps Reunion' starts on Sky Living on September 28th, 8pm.
    according to ITV tv guide it is on at 9pm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    according to ITV tv guide it is on at 9pm

Yeah I know...oops sorry! :(:cry:
  • Options
    ForerroRocherForerroRocher Posts: 10,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Since there are quite a few discussions going on the main froum about them, I thought Steps deserved their own appreciation thread for their fans to chatter and dance at their reunion! :D

Very exciting indeed. THRILLED they got to #1 with the album, and really hoping it could be the start of more good things to come.

So, what's everybodies favourite song they've done? (be it album tracks, singles that were released, or just unreleased songs/covers)

Discuss! :D