Options

premier league thread

Comments

• Options
    GaMeFaNaTiCGaMeFaNaTiC Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    gother wrote: »
    NBC sports extra official app now on firetv.

What's the quality like mate? Will it work if I got an xfinity account and dns? I'm looking at the TV stick version. Currently I'm using an ipad but it would be better on the TV if I can find a non-expensive solution.

Cheers!
  • Options
    jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the quality like mate? Will it work if I got an xfinity account and dns? I'm looking at the TV stick version. Currently I'm using an ipad but it would be better on the TV if I can find a non-expensive solution.

Cheers!
    For me it tends to buffer bit more than my iphone/apple tv 3 the quality of the picture i would say is about the same
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That frustrating moment when a dodgy stream on Kodi on the PC is more stable than BT Sport on the PC.
  • Options
    mrinstallermrinstaller Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    All quiet here.
    How is the streaming going?
    I'm using w10 app for nbc. Pretty flawless once running!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All quiet here.
    How is the streaming going?
    I'm using w10 app for nbc. Pretty flawless once running!

Streaming is working great, the last couple of weekends I have managed to watch all chosen games flawlessly & picture quality on a stream running through Kodi is still more superior than watching BT Sport via my PC connected to the TV, or from the BT Sport app on my Android TV Box. Wish I had done this ages ago !
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Streaming nbc sports working flawlessly on firetv via sideloaded app the official firetv is awful for buffering
  • Options
    jcm193jcm193 Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gother wrote: »
    Streaming nbc sports working flawlessly on firetv via sideloaded app the official firetv is awful for buffering
    Im glad its not just me who has issues with the official nbc sports app buffering on the fire tv i tried sideloading the android app but it just crashes everytime i open it up
  • Options
    ColjjColjj Posts: 3,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone from an Apple TV 3 to an Nvidia Shield TV. I now watch PLP through Kodi via an add-on someone created. Now my iPad isn't tied up air playing the stream to the atv3 anymore.

Also the Ultimate Robocop add-on for Kodi is quality.
  • Options
    Budder_Worrall1Budder_Worrall1 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Beinsports now on PS 4
  • Options
    charliechaplincharliechaplin Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    Hi guys, does anyone have a link to the NBC live sports app so I can side load it please?
    Cheers
  • Options
    ovbgovbg Posts: 1,451
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beinsports now on PS 4

which region?
  • Options
    St@mmieSt@mmie Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Streaming is working great, the last couple of weekends I have managed to watch all chosen games flawlessly & picture quality on a stream running through Kodi is still more superior than watching BT Sport via my PC connected to the TV, or from the BT Sport app on my Android TV Box. Wish I had done this ages ago !

What's the BT Sport app like on Android?
    I set my Dad up to use his BT account on his PC but the quality is awful through a browser,
    is it any better on Android?
    If so I might buy him an Android box for his streaming needs rather than him using a PC which gets him a little confused at times (bless him he is 83 and trying his best to learn this new fangled technology)
  • Options
    homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member
    Plp not great tonight, united -stoke game stuttering and they lost the liverpool game for quite a while too (technical difficulties)
  • Options
    Budder_Worrall1Budder_Worrall1 Posts: 323
    Forum Member
    Hello
    I am airplaying beinsports from my iMac to my Apple TV ,although the picture quality is really good when it hits my TV is seems to lag and stutter even though on my iMac it's still streaming fine , I've tied my Apple TV and my Amazon tv stick both the same outcome, any ideas anyone
  • Options
    Manc-RedManc-Red Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello
    I am airplaying beinsports from my iMac to my Apple TV ,although the picture quality is really good when it hits my TV is seems to lag and stutter even though on my iMac it's still streaming fine , I've tied my Apple TV and my Amazon tv stick both the same outcome, any ideas anyone

Strange one, I use my ipad to to the same & it works without hitch
  • Options
    Placebo_PRSPlacebo_PRS Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Is it Foxtel Australia that air the matches with a "Fox 505" logo in the top right? They seem decent quality, wondered if anyone outside Australia has had any success with smartdns and Foxtel?
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Placebo_PRSPlacebo_PRS Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    What a poorly researched article, all of the broadcast countries mentioned use geo-fencing already, people outside those countries circumvent that by using VPN/SmartDNS, it's not illegal to do that, it's clearly a breach of the various broadcasters TOS but certainly breaks no laws.

The free online streams infringe copyrights, but again they're not illegal per se. There's nothing that could be done to geo-fence them either, sure you can take the site down and three more will pop up, you can force UK ISP' to block the sites (similar to the Piratebay/Newzbin blocks) but they're extremely easy to get around with VPN/SmartDNS.
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst on the topic of VPN Smart DNS can you recommend one for Kodi and the firestick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dazb wrote: »

They have been coming out with these threats during the last few years, each time they successfully block a site another 10 pop up, so much like torrent sites, it is just another game of whack-a-mole. Hackers will always be the next step ahead & I reckon that games in the outdated blackout system, will still be available next season.
  • Options
    hard_to_beathard_to_beat Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else having problems with PLP today? Not loading the pages properly (Chinese characters at the top), and it says I need to install Flash Player which I definitely already have obviously.
  • Options
    Manc-RedManc-Red Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone else having problems with PLP today? Not loading the pages properly (Chinese characters at the top), and it says I need to install Flash Player which I definitely already have obviously.

Working fine here in Dublin
  • Options
    hard_to_beathard_to_beat Posts: 4,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's still doing it, it must be the site as I can't see anything strange my end.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member

Same problem here (Austria)! What's going on? :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    RG101RG101 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    It's still doing it, it must be the site as I can't see anything strange my end.

It's working fine for me.

Watched the Sunderland v United game no problem, now watching Swansea v Southampton again no problems here in Wales.