Options

Pobol Y Cwm (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    sderr123sderr123 Posts: 13,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMG! the writers for PYC have lost the plot completely>:(. They all deserve to be fired.

March 20th:
    Diane and DJ's friendship is at stake when their relationship takes a step in a new direction. How will Britt react when Siôn invites Kevin to stay over at Y Felin for the night?

So they are hooking up Diane and DJ. Iolo can't have a boyfriend, but DJ can have a sexual fetish for married women past 50.

Sion forgives Kevin:confused:>:(. Macs who actually had a reason behind what he did he can never forgive, but he can forgive Kevin. Someone should hit Sion. Hopefully Iolo will see through Sion's hypocracy and do that job for all of us.
  • Options
    frannydfrannyd Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Diane and DJ's friendship is at stake when their relationship takes a step in a new direction.
    So they are hooking up Diane and DJ. Iolo can't have a boyfriend, but DJ can have a sexual fetish for married women past 50.

This not the first time Diane been involved with a younger man. She lived with Steffan the father of Emma daughter for a time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    frannyd wrote: »
    Diane and DJ's friendship is at stake when their relationship takes a step in a new direction.

This not the first time Diane been involved with a younger man. She lived with Steffan the father of Emma daughter for a time.
    Its creepy. I can understand why Diane would be attracted to a younger man, but sorry I don't understand why DJ is attracted to Diane. He obviously could date a younger woman very easily. 25 year olds are not attracted to women 50 or 60 years old (I forget which). Its not believable, especially since this seems to be a pattern with DJ, he slept with the wife of his father's business partner. So we have to belive that actually this is what DJ would want to repeatedly sleep with married women old enough to be his mother. Don't know too many people like that.
  • Options
    wavlovrwavlovr Posts: 3,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sderr123 wrote: »
    OMG! the writers for PYC have lost the plot completely>:(. They all deserve to be fired.

March 20th:
    Diane and DJ's friendship is at stake when their relationship takes a step in a new direction. How will Britt react when Siôn invites Kevin to stay over at Y Felin for the night?

Sion forgives Kevin:confused:>:(. Macs who actually had a reason behind what he did he can never forgive, but he can forgive Kevin. Someone should hit Sion. Hopefully Iolo will see through Sion's hypocracy and do that job for all of us.
    A step in a new direction for DJ and Diane? Please God don`t let it be a sexual assault. I don`t think I could stomach it.
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    I don't think I could cope with that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A testament to how PYC is faring lately....... I had forgotten it was on until hubby mentioned it was a pretty good episode today.
    That wouldn't have happened a few months ago.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wavlovr wrote: »
    A step in a new direction for DJ and Diane? Please God don`t let it be a sexual assault. I don`t think I could stomach it.
    tu
    I would actually vomit if it was.
    The Sion and Kevin spoiler is bad enough. I've had enough of Sion he needs to go.

Did anyone besides me find Iolo's conversation with Meic about Macs super unbelievable. Does he really believe that Sion's banishing Macs to Cardiff was done to protect women he might hurt? Cardiff is large city full of thousands of women who don't know Macs' sti status. He could sleep with any number of women without telling them about his hep b. Does Iolo actually think texting Macs once a week would prevent that?
  • Options
    frannydfrannyd Posts: 587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sion and Kevin spoiler is bad enough. I've had enough of Sion he needs to go.

Did anyone besides me find Iolo's conversation with Meic about Macs super unbelievable. Does he really believe that Sion's banishing Macs to Cardiff was done to protect women he might hurt? Cardiff is large city full of thousands of women who don't know Macs' sti status. He could sleep with any number of women without telling them about his hep b. Does Iolo actually think texting Macs once a week would prevent that?[/QUOTI

I thought the same.

As for DJ and Diane, there was a programme on TV recently about young men in their 30's being married to older women some even in their 70s!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

As for DJ and Diane, there was a programme on TV recently about young men in their 30's being married to older women some even in their 70s!

I understand that Mark Gemma pairing is very popular with the audience, no wonder they want more of the same. I think they should pair up Gethin and Megan as well. What about Meic and Lois?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,982
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I understand that Mark Gemma pairing is very popular with the audience, no wonder they want more of the same. I think they should pair up Gethin and Megan as well.

:o Why? It's hideous! I know you're joking about Gethin and Megan coz he can't stand Megan! :-D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Citadel wrote: »

:o Why? It's hideous! I know you're joking about Gethin and Megan coz he can't stand Megan! :-D

Yes it is hideous! Why are the writers pushing odd creepy pairings with no chemistry. I think normally young people are attracted to other young people. On PYC they barely speak to one another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I understand that Mark Gemma pairing is very popular with the audience, no wonder they want more of the same. I think they should pair up Gethin and Megan as well. What about Meic and Lois?
    What audience are they polling? The actors families? If they bothered to come on this thread at DS they will see that Mark and Gemma are anything but popular. It`s so forced, The writers seem to have a fondness for Gemma somehow...even writing webisodes for her, She`s Cwm Derie`s version of Corries Tina McIntire -= shoehorned into more episodes than she deserves.

• Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did anyone besides me find Iolo's conversation with Meic about Macs super unbelievable. Does he really believe that Sion's banishing Macs to Cardiff was done to protect women he might hurt? Cardiff is large city full of thousands of women who don't know Macs' sti status. He could sleep with any number of women without telling them about his hep b. Does Iolo actually think texting Macs once a week would prevent that?[/QUOTI

I thought the same.

So that`s where the writers are getting their ideas from...documentaries. Maybe the next plot is having a lot of the residents living on benefits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What audience are they polling? The actors families? If they bothered to come on this thread at DS they will see that Mark and Gemma are anything but popular. It`s so forced, The writers seem to have a fondness for Gemma somehow...even writing webisodes for her, She`s Cwm Derie`s version of Corries Tina McIntire -= shoehorned into more episodes than she deserves.

Sorry, but that isn't true or fair. If anything they should do more with Gemma as she's a good actress. Sioned is the Tina McIntyre of Cwmderi, for sure! :D
  • Options
    LateboomerLateboomer Posts: 192
    Forum Member

Sorry, but that isn't true or fair. If anything they should do more with Gemma as she's a good actress. Sioned is the Tina McIntyre of Cwmderi, for sure! :D

Hmm. Has Sioned ever poured a drink over anyone or started bar fights (I can't recall!). I think the main difference would have to be Sioned works harder than Tina - who enjoys fifteen minute shifts before being given the day off. :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Deleted. DS playing funny buggers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lateboomer wrote: »
    Hmm. Has Sioned ever poured a drink over anyone or started bar fights (I can't recall!). I think the main difference would have to be Sioned works harder than Tina - who enjoys fifteen minute shifts before being given the day off. :D:D

True! :D:D But Sioned does get A LOT of coverage in PYC. If she isn't in it, she is mentioned by others, I even saw a shop sign with her name on it the other day! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder if this isn't a cynical move to make further cuts. The audience for the omnibus is older, so I wonder if they will transfer their viewing online. That audience may not be very computer literate. So viewership will drop quite a lot once the omnibus is cut.

If they want to consider cuts, I'd like to see them fire the writers and hire a fresh new team who can craft some believable storylines. >:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    True! :D:D But Sioned does get A LOT of coverage in PYC. If she isn't it, she is mentioned by others, I even saw a shop sign with her name on it the other day! :o

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lateboomer wrote: »
    If they want to consider cuts, I'd like to see them fire the writers and hire a fresh new team who can craft some believable storylines. >:(

I agree, but no one seems to be taking the hint over at s4c and BCC Wales. Obviously they have decided they don't care about the viewers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    True! :D:D But Sioned does get A LOT of coverage in PYC. If she isn't in it, she is mentioned by others, I even saw a shop sign with her name on it the other day! :o

I know you love Sioned actually. But seriously she will be shoehorned into the Kevin storyline somehow mark my words. I sarcasticly mentioned that they would find a way to bring in Macs... because it would be horrible and contrived. And low and behold they did it. Sioned has to be the next addition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On a more positive note.. do you know who I wish would make more of an appearance on PYC? Garry's little Gwern!

I think the wee lad playing him is so cute! :D
  • Options
    welshsarahwelshsarah Posts: 5,082
    Forum Member
    may i ask... sion and kevin ?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshsarah wrote: »
    may i ask... sion and kevin ?

There is a spoiler about Sion taking Kevin into his home after he is arrested for attacking Cadno. Super unbelievable he would do that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I get ticked off if I hear something I don`t like on the radio. But I`d never go as far as to send threatening notes to the DJ. Nor would I involve the DJ`s daughter in such a spiteful and cowardly manner.
    I can remember Britt taking the law into her own hands before when she attacked Gwyneth in her home in retaliation of what she did to Brandon. And again when she got herself sent to jail to get a confession out of Gwyneth for hiring a hitman.

Once again the writers are changing characters personalities. First with Kevin, then Britt. Now it seems they`re doing it again with Cadno.
    Way to go Anti Marion by standing up to Cadno. I`ve always loved Anti Marion, and now I want to adopt her as my Anti too. Cadno doesn`t deserve such a wonderful woman as her Anti.