Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag

1192021222325»

Comments

• SaddlerSteveSaddlerSteve Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    You have to the avoid the yellow bits on your map. Make sure you use half sail so that you don't bump into things. Bumping into things will cause you to needlessly turn around while the ship gets away. I agree, it's a torturous mission but it just takes practice.

I assumed he was on Sequence 10 Memory 1 Black Barts Gambit but it sounds like he's on Sequence 10 Memory 2 Murder & Mayhem.

If it is memory 2 then I agree it's a massive pain in the arse. There's only really one route that can be taken and like you say you have to speed up and slow down at the appropriate times.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed he was on Sequence 10 Memory 1 Black Barts Gambit but it sounds like he's on Sequence 10 Memory 2 Murder & Mayhem.

If it is memory 2 then I agree it's a massive pain in the arse. There's only really one route that can be taken and like you say you have to speed up and slow down at the appropriate times.

I assumed he was on this mission:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBgtipQNPIE

Correct me if I'm wrong, Will!
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's the raid on Charlestown mission.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assumed he was on this mission:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBgtipQNPIE

Correct me if I'm wrong, Will!
    Correct :)
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    That was a pain, I managed to lose the ship a few times getting disoriented from how narrow that swampy area is, plus I'm sure at one point the map isn't much cop because it makes you look like you're crossing land just before you dock the ship. IIRC they pretty much threw everything into that one!

Basically just hug the coastline as tight as you can away from the yellow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, completely different mission then.

Just goes to show how many similar types of mission there are!
  • STeelySTeely Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    im 25% into the game ,but i just cant get into assassins creed 4.

i will finish it ,but do find it a bit irritating at time and a bit of a chore!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    STeely wrote: »
    im 25% into the game ,but i just cant get into assassins creed 4.

i will finish it ,but do find it a bit irritating at time and a bit of a chore!

I actually quite enjoyed it.

It was AC3 that I found to be a bit of a chore.
    Although the world in 4 is bigger they put a load of fast travel points in which meant you could get from place to place much quicker.
    The frontier in 3 looked great but it was a major pain to move around in.
  • Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only AC games I don't like are Revelations and Liberation.
    'Revelations' felt like pure filler, with the den defence being some of the worst mechanic ideas I've ever seen in a game. The story was lacklustre too both present and past. 'Liberations' was just weak, dull and uninspired but then I suppose it has an excuse coming from ps vita.

In order of best to worst (not including DLCs) mine would go:

1) AC 2 & Brotherhood (a tie, both brilliant)
    2) AC1
    3) AC Black Flag
    4) AC3
    5) AC Revelations

Hopefully, Unity will be as awesome as AC2!
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I finally managed to finish the game last night. Really enjoyed it. Now to decide if I want to get a 100% rating. I got to 87% while playing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only AC games I don't like are Revelations and Liberation.
    'Revelations' felt like pure filler, with the den defence being some of the worst mechanic ideas I've ever seen in a game. The story was lacklustre too both present and past. 'Liberations' was just weak, dull and uninspired but then I suppose it has an excuse coming from ps vita.

In order of best to worst (not including DLCs) mine would go:

1) AC 2 & Brotherhood (a tie, both brilliant)
    2) AC1
    3) AC Black Flag
    4) AC3
    5) AC Revelations

Hopefully, Unity will be as awesome as AC2!

That's exactly the order I'd have put them in. :D

Revelations was OK but it just felt like an extension of Brotherhood. They should have combined the games together really. I also wasn't all that keen on Constantinople as a city.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am going to go back to Black Flag for a bit in anticipation of Unity. One thing though my trophy for completing a Templar Hunt (help a brother out) didn't pop first time round it can't beglitched as others have got it, is it just unreliable or dependent on which hunt you do first?
    My order is:
    Brotherhood
    AC 2
    Black Flag
    Revelations
    Liberation
    AC 1
    AC 3