• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Monsieur23 wrote: »
    I doubt Jake would have Jive, Quickstep, and Charleston in a row... stranger things have happened, though. :p I'd personally like Sunetra to get the Charleston or Jive out of the way early, as I don't think either will be strong for her - I'd rather save the Waltz, Foxtrot, and Paso Doble for later on for her, as with the extra training she'll have in the later weeks all 3 could be magic. :D

Good point regarding Jake.

As Sunetra hasn't had those three dances yet, it is very likely for Halloween. Personally, I think the Charleston would be the likeliest (I can't imagine Brendan getting the Jive twice in a row on that particular week).

The problem is that she might not have all those weeks left in the competition. So, do you throw your jokers on the table or do you save them until it is too late (obviously, the producers only have the answer to that, it is not an audience or dancers vote).

With the Charleston the lifts will be the problem (the acting side should suit her), while I can't see her doing worse then SEB last year with the Jive (plus, as shown last night, she has a very decent set of pins on her).

Personally, after that AS, I would be gutted if she left the competition without doing the foxtrot (in week 6 or in week 8 or whenever). Still, we will have wait and see if the VW next weekend doesn't render this conversation mute.
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good point regarding Jake.

As Sunetra hasn't had those three dances yet, it is very likely for Halloween. Personally, I think the Charleston would be the likeliest (I can't imagine Brendan getting the Jive twice in a row on that particular week).

The problem is that she might not have all those weeks left in the competition. So, do you throw your jokers on the table or do you save them until it is too late (obviously, the producers only have the answer to that, it is not an audience or dancers vote).

With the Charleston the lifts will be the problem (the acting side should suit her), while I can't see her doing worse then SEB last year with the Jive (plus, as shown last night, she has a very decent set of pins on her).

Personally, after that AS, I would be gutted if she left the competition without doing the foxtrot (in week 6 or in week 8 or whenever). Still, we will have wait and see if the VW next weekend doesn't render this conversation mute.

He also did Halloween Jive with Michelle Williams., so maybe he prefers it like that? Though I also agree, maybe Quickstep would have more song choices though.
  • Options
    Monsieur23Monsieur23 Posts: 6,916
    Forum Member
    Just something my Dad pointed out - the Viennese Waltz is an even better fit for Sunetra than we realised, as she had Viennese Crosses aplenty in her Tango, and did them very, very well.

EDIT: Also, regarding Hallowe'en for her, would they have 3 dances with lifts in 4 weeks? Maybe Jive is more likely than Charleston, unless she's just not suited to lifts and Brendan requested they get them all out of the way?
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Viennese crosses in tango are a different animal than those in the V. Waltz really they on ly have the crossing of the feet in common - even timing is different - that being said still think it will be a good fit for
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Alison & Aljaz - Tango (Saturday show)
    Caroline & Pasha - Paso Doble (Caroline's twitter)
    Frankie & Kevin - ? (should be ballroom)
    Jake & Janette - Quickstep (Sunday show)
    Judy & Anton - Charleston (Sunday show)
    Mark & Karen - ?
    Pixie & Trent - Samba ( Trent's twitter )
    Scott & Joanne - ?
    Simon & Kristina - ? (poss ballroom)
    Steve & Ola - ?
    Sunetra & Brendan - Viennese Waltz (Sunetra's twitter)
    Thom & Iveta - ?
  • Options
    scoobiesnacksscoobiesnacks Posts: 3,055
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter with Scott, it makes no difference
  • Options
    TomStarTomStar Posts: 2,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Thom & Iveta are doing the Cha Cha Cha. Read it on Twitter from his brothers account...
  • Options
    RoseAnneRoseAnne Posts: 3,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It doesn't matter with Scott, it makes no difference

Not for him no, but for us it might! Maybe a rumba would be the worst possible!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TomStar wrote: »
    I think Thom & Iveta are doing the Cha Cha Cha. Read it on Twitter from his brothers account...

Link here

https://twitter.com/maxevans13/status/523958775783641088
  • Options
    TheAuburnEnigmaTheAuburnEnigma Posts: 17,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frankie & Kevin - Foxtrot (ITT)
    Mark & Karen - ?
    Pixie & Trent - Samba (Trent's twitter )
    Scott & Joanne - ?
    Simon & Kristina - ? (poss ballroom)
    Steve & Ola - ?
    Thom & Iveta - Cha Cha Cha (Thom's brother's Twitter account)
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very pleased for THAMMMMMMMMMMMM :)
    The Cha-Cha...should be a good dance for him :). I am just hoping that they get a great song......thats my only concern regarding this dance.....a great song please producers.............
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll have a quick guess on the rest:

Mark - Salsa
    Scott - Jive
    Simon - American Smooth
    Steve - Waltz
  • Options
    Mr_XcXMr_XcX Posts: 23,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edy10 wrote: »
    Very pleased for THAMMMMMMMMMMMM :)
    The Cha-Cha...should be a good dance for him :). I am just hoping that they get a great song......thats my only concern regarding this dance.....a great song please producers.............

Knowing the song selections this year, it would not surprise me if he had to dance to Leona Lewis Run!!! :(
  • Options
    DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll have a quick guess on the rest:

Scott - Jive

Oh. Sweet. Lord! I'm sure that's illegal!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Oh. Sweet. Lord! I'm sure that's illegal!

Hehe, it might go into the Michael & Natalie 'so bad it's good' cult Hall of Fame.
  • Options
    edy10edy10 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mr_XcX wrote: »
    Knowing the song selections this year, it would not surprise me if he had to dance to Leona Lewis Run!!! :(

Don't give them any ideas :o
  • Options
    xorosetylerxoxorosetylerxo Posts: 6,674
    Forum Member
    Hehe, it might go into the Michael & Natalie 'so bad it's good' cult Hall of Fame.

Michael and Natalie's jive one of the best dances ever I look back fondly at it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    I think Scott and Joanne have the Charleston judging by a tweet from Joanne's dad that she retweeted today
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Could this be an opportunity to get rid of Scott, I can see Judy and Anton's Charleston being more entertaining than his, even if both will no doubt be poor, and could overshadow him. I suppose it'll depend on how harsh the judges are, hopefully they will go easier on him so he loses the sympathy vote.
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    Could this be an opportunity to get rid of Scott, I can see Judy and Anton's Charleston being more entertaining than his, even if both will no doubt be poor, and could overshadow him. I suppose it'll depend on how harsh the judges are, hopefully they will go easier on him so he loses the sympathy vote.

That makes sense. But on Twitter Joanne is already promising that they have something 'epic' planned for Halloween. I think both Scott and Judy will promise amazing things for Halloween if they're kept in and someone else will go.
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hope the public do finally vote for Scott to leave - I have taught for over 30 years and would not know where to start with him :) he seem to have not one dancd gene in him
  • Options
    PashultyPashulty Posts: 9,384
    Forum Member
    Frankie & Kevin - Foxtrot (ITT)
    Mark & Karen - ?
    Pixie & Trent - Samba (Trent's twitter )
    Scott & Joanne - Charleston ( Papa Clifton's twitter )
    Simon & Kristina - Viennese Waltz (Kristina's twitter )
    Steve & Ola - ?
    Thom & Iveta - Cha Cha Cha (Thom's brother's Twitter account)
  • Options
    jtnorthjtnorth Posts: 5,081
    Forum Member
    I think it will be a very interesting contrast, seeing Sunetra and Simon doing the VW. Will be interesting to see who scores higher. Out of the ones we know so far, I'd expect Jake to have the dance of the night.