Jennifer

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
Forum Member
✭✭
She was a trained dancer and would have become a ballerina except her bust was too big and would ruin her lines for classical ballet. Then she turned to acting and took the role of Emily Shadwick in Brookside. She has been voted the Sexiest Blonde. She is really talented and attractive. But can she skate ?

Comments

• IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know Jennifer from Brookside but I did see her when she lifted the Hell's Kitchen title and liked what I saw.

Her dance experience should lend itself favourably to the 'artistic impression' of her routines, but can she achieve the necessary 'technical merit?'

Only time will tell.

Of one thing you can rest assured - her Liverpool accent will be subjected to the same jeers, sneers and insults as all contests who speak with a northern, regional accent encounter.

Think Chelsee of the most recent SCD series and you'll get my drift.
  • jackiebopsjackiebops Posts: 3,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really took to her on Hell's Kitchen she came across as very sweet. Also seen her on the Calander Girls tour and she was very good and seemed really nice xx
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackiebops wrote: »
    I really took to her on Hell's Kitchen she came across as very sweet. Also seen her on the Calander Girls tour and she was very good and seemed really nice xx

i thought she was so lovely on Hells Kitchen, i can see now why and how she lost all her baby weight through training, i hope she does well.
  • *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I saw her in the play Boing, Boing, and she proved herself to be a good comic actress.

I think a lot of people under-rate her because she was the typical Hollyoaks actress before Hollyoaks came along. By that I mean that she had the look, and the lads mags loved her, but she was in Brookside which didn't just cast on looks combined with the ability to string a sentence together.

She was also in film version of The Phantom of the Opera, although that wasn't particularly good.

I think she'll be good. She will have to work hard to get around the differences between dancing and skating, but I think that she'll find it easier than Jeremy Sheffield, because she's younger, but also she's proven on Hell's Kitchen that she's willing to put in the graft and learn and has a good attitude. It's probably easier for a woman with dancing experience to translate it onto the ice too, or at least they have more time to get the hang of it, as they'll find the lifts and things relatively easy and that will see them through the first few weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jen has Dan - might be Dan's third victory.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,285
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    She was a trained dancer and would have become a ballerina except her bust was too big and would ruin her lines for classical ballet. Then she turned to acting and took the role of Emily Shadwick in Brookside. She has been voted the Sexiest Blonde. She is really talented and attractive. But can she skate ?

Surely if her bust ruined her lines for ballet, it would do the same for ice dancing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katarina Witt has a substantial bust but was still able to be Olympic champion twice. Busts are less noticeable or problematic in ice skating than in classical ballet where the costumes accentuate any bust line more than small-medium.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Katarina Witt has a substantial bust but was still able to be Olympic champion twice. Busts are less noticeable or problematic in ice skating than in classical ballet where the costumes accentuate any bust line more than small-medium.

Do you know if Jennifer has had surgery in that area? I don't think Katarina has.

Will see how she does when DOI starts anyway.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they both have natural above-medium sized busts.
  • thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Jen has Dan - might be Dan's third victory.

Dan won with Hayley using her dancing ability and not doing too many Matt Evers style lifts. Jen is a bit too tall to do them anyway but she's as well qualified as a dancer. Dan has a lot to go with - if she can skate. Matt however has someone who in size terms he ought to be able to do the lifts he does with Suzanne, Bonnie, and since with Clare and Hayley - if she can skate. Andrei's also got someone of Clare's shape - if she can skate.
  • TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jens thrown a tantrum on her Twitter, stating that if Dans not fit enough to take part on Sunday then she wont be taking part either!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you know if Jennifer has had surgery in that area? I don't think Katarina has.

I think Katarina has had breast enhancement surgery because she wasn't so top-heavy when she won the Olympics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57R7aAY5QiM&feature=related
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    Jens thrown a tantrum on her Twitter, stating that if Dans not fit enough to take part on Sunday then she wont be taking part either!

It appears that Dan has a hamstring injury, hopefully he will be fit and well enough to skate.
  • EmmersonneEmmersonne Posts: 4,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignazio wrote: »
    I don't know Jennifer from Brookside but I did see her when she lifted the Hell's Kitchen title and liked what I saw.

Her dance experience should lend itself favourably to the 'artistic impression' of her routines, but can she achieve the necessary 'technical merit?'

Only time will tell.

Of one thing you can rest assured - her Liverpool accent will be subjected to the same jeers, sneers and insults as all contests who speak with a northern, regional accent encounter.

Think Chelsee of the most recent SCD series and you'll get my drift.

Don't feel too singled out - try being taken seriously with a Devonshire accent. Think Doc Marten.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It appears that Dan has a hamstring injury, hopefully he will be fit and well enough to skate.

And a hamstring injury can be pretty serious, and if Jens tweeting stuff like this she obviously doesnt think hes up to it, hopefully this wont be the case though
  • FunkyFoxtrotFunkyFoxtrot Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TraceyUK wrote: »
    And a hamstring injury can be pretty serious, and if Jens tweeting stuff like this she obviously doesnt think hes up to it, hopefully this wont be the case though

Fingers crossed for Dan it isn't very serious and he can skate this week,.he's one of my fave male pro's :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,630
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed for Dan it isn't very serious and he can skate this week,.he's one of my fave male pro's :)

And mine. :)

Jennifer's classical ballet training will stand her in good stead with arms, line, extension, turnout and general performance. It won't necessarily make her a good skater though - my daughter's an aspiring ballet dancer but despite her grace and balance en pointe she's like Bambi on ice. :D
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was a trained dancer and would have become a ballerina except her bust was too big and would ruin her lines for classical ballet. Then she turned to acting and took the role of Emily Shadwick in Brookside.

But she had small boobs before she had surgery, which was after she was in Brookside. This is a picture from Brookside: http://www.brooksidesoapbox.co.uk/EMILY6.jpg

Definitely not too big for ballet.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frally wrote: »
    I think Katarina has had breast enhancement surgery because she wasn't so top-heavy when she won the Olympics
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57R7aAY5QiM&feature=related

She was overall slimmer then, so doesn't prove much.
  • Gill PGill P Posts: 21,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer didn't have a Liverpool accent when she was in the film of Phantom of the Opera.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trollface wrote: »
    But she had small boobs before she had surgery, which was after she was in Brookside. This is a picture from Brookside: http://www.brooksidesoapbox.co.uk/EMILY6.jpg

Definitely not too big for ballet.

She does cite her bust as the reason she didn't finish her Royal Ballet School training, but they are so particular about physique at White Lodge that it could have been any aspect of her growth, even that her leg to torso ratio was wrong. Not sure why she didn't move to another dance school but perhaps she preferred acting.
  • trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She does cite her bust as the reason she didn't finish her Royal Ballet School training[...]

She also claims she hasn't had plastic surgery.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trollface wrote: »
    She also claims she hasn't had plastic surgery.

Well exactly. There are many reasons for being assessed out of Royal Ballet school. She could be blaming her bust rather than admitting that she was assessed out on talent, performance, or whatever.
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Emmersonne wrote: »
    Don't feel too singled out - try being taken seriously with a Devonshire accent. Think Doc Marten.
    Believe me I don't - I'm not a Liverpudlian and though a northerner I don't have a regional accent. I get a bit annoyed when I hear people taking the proverbial out of northern accents; Geordies, Mancunians, Liverpudlians etc. because having worked with many from these areas I can guarantee that when it comes to intelligence and fast track progress in a very competitive work place they leave their mockers standing.

Incidentally I love the Devonian accent - in fact I love the diverse accents of this country.:)