Ava_belle wrote: »

I hope the child is find safe and well.

What else do you expect people to be thinking? :confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope the child is find safe and well.

What else do you expect people to be thinking? :confused:

Any thoughts where he could be, what could have happened to this child?

It stands to reason everyone hopes the little boy is found safe and well.

Why so defensive? :confused:
  • cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange. I hope they find him soon:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I went cold when I heard this breaking on the news. It is a parents worst nightmare. My child used to sleepwalk when he was younger and one of my fears was that he would get out of the house. I really pray that he is found safe and well.
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    So I presume his coat and shoes are missing?

Very odd indeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This little boy was last seen when he went to bed at 9pm last night. The parents noticed he was missing when they awoke this morning.

In my opinion he hasn't wandered off on his own because someone would notice a small child wandering the streets.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I await the DS cliche-bingo that should now unfurl....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    So I presume his coat and shoes are missing?

Very odd indeed.

It is odd, I assume he didn't go to bed with his shoes and coat on. Would a 3 year old get up, put their coat and shoes on and then wander off......AND not be seen by someone? Of course he could have got lost and he is hiding in a shed/garage etc
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Worth remembering that 99% of these cases involve someone known to the victim.
  • butterworthbutterworth Posts: 17,875
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is odd, I assume he didn't go to bed with his shoes and coat on. Would a 3 year old get up, put their coat and shoes on and then wander off......AND not be seen by someone? Of course he could have got lost and he is hiding in a shed/garage etc

It probably depends on what end of three years old he is (i.e somewhere between 3 years 0 days, and 3 years 364 days), and how advanced he was. It is perfectly feasible that some 3 year olds could stick their coats and shoes on and let themselves out, depending on how the doors were locked.

Must be a nightmare. I wonder how long it would take you searching the whole house before you started to think that he wasn't in it...?
  • bart4858bart4858 Posts: 11,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This little boy was last seen when he went to bed at 9pm last night. The parents noticed he was missing when they awoke this morning.

I wonder if they've looked under the bed?

I think there was an actual case of a police search being mounted for a child who was later found in the house.
  • talentedmonkeytalentedmonkey Posts: 2,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a case for.....

.... The DS Detectives.
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm sure the resident DS detectives are putting on their deerstalkers, getting out their tobacco pipes and magnifying glasses and summoning Watson to assist them as I type.
    Forum Member

Kids can do all sorts of strange things if they get something into their head.

And a three year old is more than capable of putting on a coat and shoes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure the resident DS detectives are putting on their deerstalkers, getting out their tobacco pipes and magnifying glasses and summoning Watson to assist them as I type.

This is uncalled for. Many cases throughout the world, in particular the United States have forums set up specifically for sleuthing cases and have actually helped in a few cases. Surely getting the word out as quickly as possible the better? Or would you rather people just ignore the fact that a small child is missing.

I actually find your mockery quite disturbing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kids can do all sorts of strange things if they get something into their head.

And a three year old is more than capable of putting on a coat and shoes.

I'm not saying a 3 year old is not capable of putting on a coat and shoes, but the circumstances, and that no one has seen him is the odd bit.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bart4858 wrote: »

I think there was an actual case of a police search being mounted for a child who was later found in the house.
    My friend thought her little boy had disappeared once - we found him asleep behind the bathroom door. When the door was opened, the bathroom appeared to be empty.

I hope this little boy is found quickly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is uncalled for. Many cases throughout the world, in particular the United States have forums set up specifically for sleuthing cases and have actually helped in a few cases. Surely getting the word out as quickly as possible the better? Or would you rather people just ignore the fact that a small child is missing.

I actually find your mockery quite disturbing!

And I find your invitation for people to come up with wild theories as to what could have happened to this child even more disturbing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And I find your invitation for people to come up with wild theories as to what could have happened to this child evern more disturbing.

Now, now! Please don't start this.

I have not invited anyone to come up with wild theories!

If you don't want to help or discuss then I'm sure there are other discussions you can take part in Hugh Jboobs, perhaps this isn't titilating enough for you?
    Forum Member
    I'm not saying a 3 year old is not capable of putting on a coat and shoes, but the circumstances, and that no one has seen him is the odd bit.

Not really.

He'll be below the level of parked cars so could go completely un-noticed if he was walking the streets.

He might have got lost and be hiding somewhere hoping his mum will come and get him.
  • MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    And I find your invitation for people to come up with wild theories as to what could have happened to this child evern more disturbing.

And sadly, your concern over the behaviour of DS armchair detectives has been played out right here on many, many previous occasions, so much so that the most famous case in recent times can no longer be mentioned.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Err....

Anyone on this forum speculating at this moment as to where he is, is coming up with nothing more than a wild theory. Unless that person has direct knowledge of the case - and if they did, I would wonder why they are spouting about it on an internet forum instead of to the police.
  • Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now, now! Please don't start this.

If you don't want to help or discuss then I'm sure there are other discussions you can take part in Hugh Jboobs, perhaps this isn't titilating enough for you?

I'm not sure how anyone can help on here, and a discussion on this topic has been proved disastrous in the past. People cant help their wild theories.

Hopefully the lad is found safe and well. I'm not sure what else anyone can say.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really.

He'll be below the level of parked cars so could go completely un-noticed if he was walking the streets.

He might have got lost and be hiding somewhere hoping his mum will come and get him.

Of course this is possible.

Just watched the press conference, the policewoman was rather vague when a reporter pressed her when she refered to how distraught the mother is, the reporter asked about the father, but the policewoman never mentioned him directly, just said they are talking to all family members. So this could be a family dispute as a lot of these cases turn out to be. Hopefully he is somewhere safe with his father.
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    bart4858 wrote: »

Yes, a very famous case, the Shannon Matthews "kidnapping"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kidnapping_of_Shannon_Matthews
This discussion has been closed.