Options

EE stop offering T-mo / Orange plans online

2»

Comments

• Options
    cliversclivers Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    AlecR wrote: »
    Does the fact T-Mobile has disappeared and not Orange, suggest that something may be about to happen (i.e. Orange buying out Deutsche Telekom's share in EE?) or am I reading into this too much?

Well if you look at this page i doubt it.

http://shop.ee.co.uk/devices/orange-tmobile
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't understand how such a large company can have such an abysmal website .

Who is is charge of this , Mickey Mouse :confused::D

Doesn't look great does it :(
  • Options
    daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clivers wrote: »
    Well if you look at this page i doubt it.

http://shop.ee.co.uk/devices/orange-tmobile

Oh my god, that is a marketing car crash!

Whoever would have thought, at this late stage in the merger process when EE is starting to become an established brand with the fairly decent 4G rollout, that it would be a good idea to continue flogging the painfully dying horse of the Orange/TM brands?

It sends mixed messages and is utterly confusing to present/potential customers
  • Options
    Mystic EddyMystic Eddy Posts: 3,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daveyfs wrote: »
    Oh my god, that is a marketing car crash!

Whoever would have thought, at this late stage in the merger process when EE is starting to become an established brand with the fairly decent 4G rollout, that it would be a good idea to continue flogging the painfully dying horse of the Orange/TM brands?

It sends mixed messages and is utterly confusing to present/potential customers

Just looks like a stop-gap measure so people get used to not seeing the brands as much. By only selling them in store, it'll give staff the chance to upsell to EE to hit that 6m 4GEE target.
  • Options
    daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    I don't understand how such a large company can have such an abysmal website .

Who is is charge of this , Mickey Mouse :confused::D

Doesn't look great does it :(

Totally agree. Its particularly bad today, but generally speaking the brand is weak, with terrible imagery and presentation, and the website is clunky and difficult to navigate.

To add a disclaimer, I'm an EE 4G customer who is very happy with their service and tech innovation - they currently leave the likes of o2 and vodafone dead in the water in terms of the investment and progress they are making to provide a better service for their customers - but their image/brand/presentation/public perception of them is appallingly bad for such an otherwise capable company.
  • Options
    daleski75daleski75 Posts: 1,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daveyfs wrote: »
    Totally agree. Its particularly bad today, but generally speaking the brand is weak, with terrible imagery and presentation, and the website is clunky and difficult to navigate.

To add a disclaimer, I'm an EE 4G customer who is very happy with their service and tech innovation - they currently leave the likes of o2 and vodafone dead in the water in terms of the investment and progress they are making to provide a better service for their customers - but their image/brand/presentation/public perception of them is appallingly bad for such an otherwise capable company.

I totally agree and if they could fix their brand image and that horrible website then it would help a lot towards stopping the confusion over Orange/T-Mobile/3G/4G can I get it, is my tariff 4G capable etc.
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to keep playing with the website, so if you learn where things are - good luck finding it again in a few months.

It always strikes me as being overly complicated to get to things like the prices for add-ons, and given EE has decided to have so many different things (double speed, separate tariffs with roaming, the shared tariffs etc) its like the old days of choosing a tariff.

Shop staff now with loads of tables to look through to find the best deal for you, but in reality they'll home in on the ones they want to (and most frequently do) sell saying that's the best offer EE can do.

Their mobile app is quite good though. Seems to have easy links to the stuff you'd want (even if does still fire up the site for most clicks).
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    Whoa. This is happening quicker than I was told, maybe this will be the way it stays until Oct/Nov (ie retail only) when I expect you know... The future is Teal.

Live editing on the website is a no no.. Should always have an offline version which you they make the active version. Always been critical of EE sites and it's Realiability.
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Announcements-News/Update-Access-to-ee-co-uk-site/td-p/112701
    You might have noticed some issues accessing our EE homepage today. I wanted to give you guys an update to explain what’s happening.

We’ve rolled out a major update to the site, with a new design and improved functionality for customers on EE, Orange and T-Mobile plans. The great news is that the new site is now up and running, and visible to nearly all visitors. (We’d love to hear your feedback! Please share your thoughts on the new experience with us in this thread.)

However, for a small number of users, the site is still displaying our “Under Maintenance” page. To get a bit technical, this is due to the time required to update the cache across multiple DNS servers. (Users connect to the site through difference routes, and each route is updated at a slightly different time.) If you’re one of them, please bear with us a little longer—the site should be available to all visitors today.

Thanks for your patience!
  • Options
    qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure the "under maintenance" page and DNS updates can explain the horrific stylesheets they used on this page