Options

Orange service plan - can't downgrade.

bob_loblawbob_loblaw Posts: 5,342
Forum Member
I'm on a 12 month contract I started paying £40 but since then my circumstances have changed and I don't make use of my phone like I used to.

I tried to change my plan and they told me I had to wait unti after the first 6 months. I did that and when I called up they said I could only drop one stage at a time - £40 to £35, then £35 - £30 and so on. So I did that and she said to call back in a month and I could go down to the next stage.

I just phoned a moment ago and they said I can only change my plan once within the year so I'm now stuck on £35 a month contract. I only use about 20 mins of calls a month and they are giving me 300, but I do use quite a few texts so I'm happy with the texts I'm getting, but I'd be better off ona cheaper contract.

Is what the latest person has told me correct?

Comments

• Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Have you looked at the T&Cs on your contract?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "You will not be able to switch to a lower Service Plan for the first 6 months of a 12 month contract or the first 9 months of an 18 month contract. After the first 6 or 9 months, as appropriate, you may switch to the next lowest value Service Plan once only for the remainder of your contract term. You are able to switch to an equivalent or higher Service Plan at any time. "

http://www1.orange.co.uk/service_plans/paymonthly/canary_terms.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ok. That's a bit crap.

I've not enjoyed my time with orange, i was an o2 customer for about 7 years and wish i'd never changed.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you ask nicely, and give a valid reason why (for example I said I wanted the next lowest with unlimited texts, which was actually a drop of several, onto a different animal plan as well), they will sometimes bend the rules with this.
  • Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    It wouldn't hurt to ask, but be really friendly and polite. I would write to them fully explaining your circumstances, be polite and with good humour, perhaps offer to extend the contract at the new much lower tariff for another year. The worst thing that can happen is they say no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No way I am going back to o2 asap. I don't even get a signal in my flat with orange I have to hang out of the window to use it.

Thanks for the info tho.