Options

Sony Ericsson K800i

pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
Forum Member
✭✭
Might buy this tonight at the local O2 shop as it is down to £99.99 and I get a discount because I am already an O2 customer.

Just wanted to check, does this phone allow you to set your own message tones as well as ring tones? The inability to do so on my Samsung D500 was one of the big dissappointments I had with that phone when I got it 3 years ago. Also, I have heard the picture quality is very good, buut what about the videos? Is it really that bad and blocky or is it good enough for a camera thats attached to a mobile phone?

Paddy :D

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    While it's by no means certain that this applies to the K800i... my K750i did allow this (until it was stolen, anyway).

I set the message alert to a bird call (probably a crow). It used to amuse me sometimes when I mistook it for an actual bird. The first time this happened was within half an hour of me setting it up... My phone was in my room and I was in the kitchen, and a text came in. Cue me looking out of the kitchen window for an unusual avian visitor. This probably means I'm stupid :rolleyes:. Funny moment though.

Reminds me of the time my grandparents had a "bird stuck in the loft" above the hallway.... It was the smoke alarm battery which was going flat.... :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 339
    Forum Member
    Yes you can have your own message tones
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent. I wil probably head into town tomorrow and pick it up. What about the camera then? Good or not?

Paddy :D
  • Options
    FinglongaFinglonga Posts: 4,898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Camera is excellent, video is ok but not on league with the camera by any means.
  • Options
    DXRulzDXRulz Posts: 4,317
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah for a phone the camera is excellent. I'll recommend this phone to anyone. I bought a 4GB Memory Stick Micro M2 off eBay for mine :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member
    Yeh I saw the same in an o2 shop but the online deal was better for me (my topups don't add up to much discount), online you get a free 1GB memory Card, http://shop.o2.co.uk/phone/Sony_Ericsson/K800i. Also is it worth getting your discount in airtime rather than off the phone, as its 10% back as airtime or 5% as money off the phone. http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/upgrades, although you cannot use either if you want the free memory card.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 478
    Forum Member