Camera for continuous shooting?

2»

Comments

• zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you can get to the camera etc without a valid SIM, you most certainly can get to Settings>WiFi>Enable then put your local router details in. This should give you an internet link and access to the Play store. AFAIK you don't need a valid SIM to do this - although someone may correct me on this - you just won't be able to make calls. It would be as if you had an Android iPod Touch (in fact Samsung do, or did, make a Galaxy MP3 player - essentially a phone without the phone gubbins).

Wait, O2 Guru to the rescue! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ12_GPQh4o

Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm confident you know what you're doing, I just thought the vid removed any doubt!

*5 minutes later*

Ok, just to be sure, I removed the SIM from my Xperia. 'No Service: No SIM' it says. No kidding.

What's this? Email, internet, Twitter, FB, Play Store Updates still working. Ebay, browser, TrackID fine. Call quality a bit rubbish, but otherwise I made a fully functional Android Touch :)

Give it a try, let us know how you're getting on...
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, as zapod and I already said, wifi should work independently of their being any gsm activity. Try it and let us know how you get on...
  • TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    OK guys that worked thanks. Unf it's now telling me I haven't accessed teh site before or something, so despite putting in my google email and p/w it won't let me download the app...

Edit: I don't appear to have the Google Play Store app on my phone, even though it's shown as being compatible. Would that be a problem perhaps?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you got the old android market app?
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure. I don't use apps at all. It's a HTC Wildfire as I said, I dont see anything regarding apps except something that says "share apps".

Oh hold on: Market. Yes I have that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that's a start.
    Forum Member
    Ok, well I got onto the Google Play store but the download of the app failed. Any ideas? :mad::confused:
  • d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,515
    Forum Member
    Trollheart wrote: »
    OK well it seems you're talking about seriously high-end there, camera of £500 and way way up. I'm looking at something more modest, in the £150 - £200 range. Is there any wireless remote or software that will work with one of those? I'm looking at them online and there's a bewildering array, but most seem to be for the more expensive cameras.

Pentax Q, 12MP compact system camera with interchangeable lenses. £150 with zoom lens BARGAIN (now replaced by Q10 @ £379). http://www.srsmicrosystems.co.uk/9016/Pentax-Q-White-Digital-Camera-with-5-15mm-Lens---SALE-.html

Does photo intervals from 1 second up to 24 hours, starting at any future time, from 1 to 999 shots. HD video too. BARGAIN at the price.
    Forum Member
    Now looking at using my camcorder.
    Looking at the possibility of getting an intervalometer for my Sony Handycam DCR-SR37, and am advised it (the camcorder) has to have IR capability. Before I splash out, can anyone advise me if this particular camcorder has that ability? It's a bit confusing.
    Thx
    TH
    again...