Sabrina Washington - OMG

hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
Forum Member
Why wasn't this massive? An amazing debut.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJSgA-j2L1c

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a decent track but the video got slated because some people said she ripped off Lady Gaga. Like she was the first singer to wear a leotard or something. :rolleyes:

I thought she would be more successful after Misteeq split up but Alesha was the one earmarked for stardom, so to speak. Shame really, I like Sabrina.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I read that the song did really well in Poland or something.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    I thought it was a decent track but the video got slated because some people said she ripped off Lady Gaga. Like she was the first singer to wear a leotard or something. :rolleyes:

I thought she would be more successful after Misteeq split up but Alesha was the one earmarked for stardom, so to speak. Shame really, I like Sabrina.

That's pathetic, that song has nothing in common with anything to do with Lady Gaga. If someone wants to accuse it of ripping off someone Gwen Stefani is a better bet.

I remember it being popular around the same time as OMG by Usher/will.i.am lol. I'm not too surprised this wasn't massive though, I don't think it's that catchy.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I had forgotten about this song until today! I might be in a minority here but I didn't really like the song. It sounded like a generic dance track to me.
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    I don't remember it being popular .... Where was I:confused:
    But I loved this song...
  • SexSex Posts: 44,161
    Forum Member
    O it peaked at #130
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Oh My Gash Gash"
    It wasn't terrible but not good enough either
  • ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this song. I think it deserved to be a hit. She released another good song too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byr2ebEi6eo
  • Sweet FASweet FA Posts: 10,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was robbed. Really like/d it and it's certainly miles better than anything Alesha releashed...
  • davidjohn1985davidjohn1985 Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    What she doing now? Both brill pop songs!
  • kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Sabrina! Her last single Hit It Hard was amazing too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0JQhdEGHOY

It would have been absolutely huge if someone like Rita Ora had released it.
  • Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

OMG you're right!!! I had forgotten about this until you said it. Eva Simons was another one who should have been massive but flopped because she also apparently ripped off Gaga. All the female artists of 2010 got tarred with the same copying Gaga brush. Christina had it the worst and it completely ruined her career. It was like a curse. If you upset Little Monsters then you weren't going to make it!
  • LewnaticcLewnaticc Posts: 3,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She just has no star quality, and the best part of the song was the sample hook that plays at the beginning.
    Oh, and as someone else pointed out... OH MA GASH GASH. She has a very hate-able voice.