Options

BBC iPlayer not working on Samsung smart TV

BBC iPlayer and connected red button not working this morning on my Samsung smart tv.
All other players are fine. Is it down for maintenance ?

Comments

• Options
    roddydogsroddydogs Posts: 10,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Down everywhere, apparently.
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Down everywhere, apparently.

That was a quick reply..
    Thank, glad it's not just me...
    Same on-line too it seems..
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not working on my Roku + Humax 2000T + HDR Freesat recorder since yesterday about 10 AM and with all other streaming channels working with no troubles I would say the Beeb got a big headache when they come to work tomorrow.

While none of my internet streamers are working with the iPlayer my Roku after doing a search for “Click” puts a page up saying something about “too many connections” and at first I thought the BBC had found a way of limiting how many devices you can have connected to the iPlayer, not that there all connected at the same time.:D
  • Options
    Phil OwensPhil Owens Posts: 6,989
    Forum Member
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    Not working on my Roku + Humax 2000T + HDR Freesat recorder since yesterday about 10 AM and with all other streaming channels working with no troubles I would say the Beeb got a big headache when they come to work tomorrow.

While none of my internet streamers are working with the iPlayer my Roku after doing a search for “Click” puts a page up saying something about “too many connection” and at first I thought the BBC had found a way of limiting how many devices you can have connected to the iPlayer, not that there all connected at the same time.:D

Working fine now..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    Working fine now..

Thanks, so now I can go and watch Click.:)
  • Options
    JoddleJoddle Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    Thanks, so now I can go and watch Click.:)

No you cant - its been up and down all day yesterday and so far this morning as well. The BBC is behaving really badly over this. No proper explanation as to what is going on or when it may be resolved. They are still promoting iplayer for watching certain items despite for most there simply is no service. It seems the BBC think they own no explanation or infromation to the public who are paying for the service.

The biggest issue is going to be expiry dayes. The BBCs own promoting now means that many people now use the iplayer to watch when they want - but if this goes on much longer ther expiry dates will have passed for many programmes - will the BBC extend those? - again simply no informaiton - no reassurances at all about anything.

Come on BBC - a bit more PR and information please - and some assurance that people will not miss their favourite programmes becasue of this problem. The iplayer even has its own page on twitter but nothing there either!!! WHY NOT??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil Owens wrote: »
    Working fine now..

Still not working here, the Roku says “No programs are currently available”, the 2000T just has a blank screen, not tried the HDR but brought my Samsung BR player online just for good measure and that locks up at the home screen.

All versions have HD set so maybe the SD version is OK.

Just checked one of my Android devices and it seems to be working on that but that cannot find the Click program.:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joddle wrote: »
    No you cant - its been up and down all day yesterday and so far this morning as well. The BBC is behaving really badly over this. No proper explanation as to what is going on or when it may be resolved. They are still promoting iplayer for watching certain items despite for most there simply is no service. It seems the BBC think they own no explanation or infromation to the public who are paying for the service.

The biggest issue is going to be expiry dayes. The BBCs own promoting now means that many people now use the iplayer to watch when they want - but if this goes on much longer ther expiry dates will have passed for many programmes - will the BBC extend those? - again simply no informaiton - no reassurances at all about anything.

Come on BBC - a bit more PR and information please - and some assurance that people will not miss their favourite programmes becasue of this problem. The iplayer even has its own page on twitter but nothing there either!!! WHY NOT??

Sorry Joddle I missed your post so having read it I think I’ll leave it for now but like you said a bummer if your time runs out.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The iplayer even has its own page on twitter but nothing there either!!! WHY NOT??

Acknowledgements are there, apologies are there, updates are there.

https://twitter.com/BBCiPlayer

Other reassurances will have to come from more senior management after it has been determined when extensions can be added.

I guess that it is more important to get the problem identified & fixed first, undertake any necessary recovery actions (and maybe even load up the latest content). And it might involve third-party suppliers & support too.

As in other businesses, the focus will be on sorting out where the issue lies, liaising with third parties to assist with finding & implementing the solution, keeping customers updated with progress (or not), and aiming to get the overall service back as soon as possible. Then they will be focussing on restoring any data, updating the repositories, and bringing associated systems back online - the easy stuff, before looking at expiration dates and sorting out what needs to change and getting authorisation for that change. (I used to work in IT Technical Support in a large retail business).
  • Options
    DBCDBC Posts: 4,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not working on either my Samsung Blue Ray or my Talk Talk Freeview box.
  • Options
    savetheplanetsavetheplanet Posts: 42
    Forum Member
    Today, though iplayer seems at first glance to be working OK, once you dig deeper there are many problems.

Many programmes that I can normally watch in catch up mode don't seem to be working.

Watching News channel live not working for me, bizarrely it starts each time but then just stops after a few seconds.

And part way through listening to a radio broadcast it stopped and I got an error message.
  • Options
    The PhazerThe Phazer Posts: 8,487
    Forum Member

They 100% will not, since they don't have regulatory permission to do so (and any change to that would take 6 months +) or the rights.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Didn't work on Saturday on my Chromecast. Wonder if it's related? Will try it tomorrow.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marvellous in it, the only thing I watch on iPlayer in any normal week is Click and although the BBC seems to have fixed the player, Click will still not play even though the player can now find it.:cry: