• Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jokerzjokerz Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today we have an update on matchmaking for both PC and Xbox One and have restored CTF into playlists (PC). You can read more here: http://bit.ly/1kbxAys #Titanfall

That was posted 17 hours ago

Sticking with the 360 version for now as it sometimes takes ages to get a game on the PC version. Even with popular modes like attrition :(
  • Options
    stefmeisterstefmeister Posts: 8,397
    Forum Member
    There's an upto 70% off sale on Origin:
    https://www.origin.com/en-gb/store/browse/titanfall

They also had the full game available to download/play for 48hrs (Sadly that ended a few hrs ago) but I had fun with that so decided to take advantage of the same & buy the Digital Deluxe pack (Titanfall+Season Pass/DLC) for £24 which at over half price is a pretty good deal.

:D
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvG0uohGFdk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    New update should be out today, Its going to add a new game mode (Pilot Skirmish) which removes all ai bots/Titans & increases player count to 16.

Other changes detailed here:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/02/titanfall-update-six-dated
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New update should be out today, Its going to add a new game mode (Pilot Skirmish) which removes all ai bots/Titans & increases player count to 16.

Other changes detailed here:
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/09/02/titanfall-update-six-dated

No fussed about Pilot Skirmish as the whole point of Titan Fall is the Titans but I might have to dust off my copy of the game again.
  • Options
    gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How is this game doing now? Still great or mostly forgotten about ?
  • Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who??
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did fancy it as the next cod killer but obviously having to wait for a tf2 for any chance of ps4, but wondered if it lived up to some time or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have it on 360 and played it 3 times. It's not a bad game as such, and it was fun while I was playing, but for me there's nothing to draw you back. It just got eclipsed by other games.

It certainly has potential as a franchise and I'll be eager to check out any sequel, but the original just doesn't do it for me.
  • Options
    Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heheee :D
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Core game mechanics on TF are faultless, which in itself gives it a huge headstart on CoD.

That being said, I lost interest in it pretty quickly - beyond the core gameplay mechanics it was underwhelming.

Given that they have a solid basis, ie. core game, then providing they learned invaluable lessons from the first game then the second could be a huge step up again.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dull as dishwater. Absolutely no hook to make me want to play it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm disappointing news then.
  • Options
    austino6austino6 Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    The game is good just lacking a bit to keep my interest
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it.

I don't play as solidly as I used to, because there have been so many good SP games to get stuck into recently, but I always find myself going back to Titanfall if I want to play MP, or just want a quick blast of something instead of an eight-hour session of Diablo or Mordor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I brought it in August & just completely lost interest in it after about 2 weeks.

Doesn't help that on PC Titanfall is pretty much dead, Takes ages to be put into a game & the lobby tends not to be full because there's just not that many people still playing it it seems.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even though I'm a ps4 guy, im quite disappointed as did hope maybe a follow up would come over to us and it would become a cod replacement.
    My main shooter is battlefield but my quick fix cid replacement is currently plants v zombies gw.
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    Even though I'm a ps4 guy, im quite disappointed as did hope maybe a follow up would come over to us and it would become a cod replacement.
    My main shooter is battlefield but my quick fix cid replacement is currently plants v zombies gw.

Really it has nothing about it. CoD is bad but Titanfail is woeful.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't get the Titanfall hate here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    On Sale for a £10 noticed on xbox1 store played demo when it was out enjoyed a bit but i found became a little stale after about a hrs play etc to samey,Is main game any diferent seems a Good price not really a shooter person but is there much in game different from Demo?
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you've not played it since it came out, it's changed a lot. The game has had several updates since launch, and various new modes added.

But, if you're "not really a shooter person", I don't know if it would be for any anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Tks,maybe in Time be a Free game with gold etc.....tks for reply
  • Options
    WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,464
    Forum Member
    You can't say no for £10 and all the dlc!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For the sake of a tenner I've downloaded the Xbox One version. (I'll trade in my 360 disc which basically pays for it)

I'll see if the better visuals, smoother gameplay and additional content does more to hold my interest this time around.