Speculation?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
Forum Member
so...what is next?

- I think River kills Rory. Her reaction to seeing him in storm cage was emotional and as she has already killed the doctor the next best man woild surely be her father...I hope that he does not stay dead though as that really would be too tragic for me!
-I think that time will right itself in some way but that River conceived on the tardis exists outside of time lines and survives. I think this is why she could deliver the diary at Amy and Rory's wedding.
- I have no clue who has overall control of the silence or madam k...? wondring if it will turn out to be a previously known baddie with a grudge or something knew.
-I think gaps and clothes changes will play a part. I think the doctor went back to the wedding night before emerging from the tardis in his wedding outfit to be killed by River. Why? maybe to find out what to say to her? maybe to change time in some way...
- The prequal has the doc seeming reallybsad listening to Amy answer phone...wondering why? He could not mfind river when he was so sure he knew where she was?
Enough waffling from me ideas anyone?

Comments

• JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    The mini-people specifically said she kills the Doctor. It's definitely him not Rory.
  • lauranceallenlauranceallen Posts: 5,355
    Forum Member
    The Doctor i think knows exactly whats going on. He knows all the spoilers, he just does not let on that he does, how did he know exactly what River was going to do after the regeneration, it was completely as if he knew exactly what way she would behave.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    This is my first post so be gentle.

As far as this weeks episode let's kill hitler, river does kill the doctor. From what I can recall from the episode one of the mini people states that the doctor does die but not at the time when river 'kills' him.

It may be logical to say that the robot or crew of the robot records the death of the doctor as fact and subsequently river is locked up for her crime.

Just a thought but what about if the person in the astronaut suit, when the doctor is shot in the desert, is in fact the doctor as it is a fixed point in time and has too happen and the doctor has set the whole thing up.

The way the doctor pulls this off i have yet to work out, but if he can save the universe by re-booting it i suppose anything is possibpe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Rawblue99 wrote: »
    This is my first post so be gentle.

As far as this weeks episode let's kill hitler, river does kill the doctor. From what I can recall from the episode one of the mini people states that the doctor does die but not at the time when river 'kills' him.

It may be logical to say that the robot or crew of the robot records the death of the doctor as fact and subsequently river is locked up for her crime.

Just a thought but what about if the person in the astronaut suit, when the doctor is shot in the desert, is in fact the doctor as it is a fixed point in time and has too happen and the doctor has set the whole thing up.

The way the doctor pulls this off i have yet to work out, but if he can save the universe by re-booting it i suppose anything is possibpe

Welcome to the Forum. :)
    Some of your ideas have speculated before, you're not alone.

Also, notice that they say :-

"That's Melody Pond"

Not River Song.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    Forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong but surely melody and river are the same just at different points in the same time line

A rose by any other name would smell so sweet
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,108
    Forum Member
    Rawblue99 wrote: »
    Forgive my ignorance if I'm wrong but surely melody and river are the same just at different points in the same time line

A rose by any other name would smell so sweet <- V.G. :)

Yes, but that could imply that Melody in on their records as being the person who kills The Doctor, but River is in prison for murder.
    Which could lead back to who exactly is in the Spacesuit on the shore of Lake Silencio & who the good man River kills actually is.
    The Justice Department guys seemed quite amazed when Mels regenerated into River, they obviously weren't expecting it.
    We know they're the same person, but they might not have.
  • zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As the Doctor is dying in the Tardis talking to the Amelia voice interface she says, or he imagines (we don't actually see her say) "Fish fingers and custard."
    This clearly gives the Doctor an idea. We saw a lot in this episode that when River regenerates she has a lot of powers for the few hours following, enough to bring the Doctor back to life.
    I think the Doctor went back to young Amelia's house the night he fist appeared and leeched a bit of regeneration energy to give him a bit more time.
    In Eleventh Hour the Doctor did cry out and fall down while talking to Amelia, saying he wasn't quite done yet. I think that was this Doctor appearing behind the bushes and taking some of his energy.

Question is, what did he use this extra time to do? Apart from change into formal wear?

There is still a lot more to be explained about what happened in that house and I am convinced we will see more of events, including the mysterious third floor.
    Production designers work very carefully and precisely. They do not just accidentally go to a lot of trouble to add an extra staircase that doesn't match the exterior for no reason...