£19 at ticket - have Vue gone insane?

13»

Comments

• Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only day I ever go to see a film at my local Odeon is a Tuesday. It's £4.40 for a standard seat for any film on Tuesdays. I would never pay their full prices.

Their top price appears to be £24.60, for a peak time Gallery seat for an IMAX/3D IMAX film, including £1 for a pair of 3D glasses.
  • Mrs MackintoshMrs Mackintosh Posts: 1,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tend to go to Cineworld in Edinburgh because of the 10% discount when you book online, also they validate your parking whereas at Vue there's no discount and you have to pay for parking which in Edinburgh is flippin prohibitive!!
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ads wrote: »
    Is it struggling? I don't see many muliplexes closing down.

Vue at Westfield is a pretty good cinema. The Xtreme screens there are the next best thing to an IMAX screen, and they cost £14. Ok not at all cheap, but it often seems pretty packed.

The real cinema rip of is in the West End where its £20 plus. Ok the big screens at the Empire and Odeon are pretty impressive, but they charge the same £20 for sitting in one of the tiny screens round the back as well.

Obviously the film industry is going to go bust. However, you will find less independent films being made and big Hollywood stars have has to have pays cuts such as Brad Pitt and the actors themselves have to contribute to the production costs in order for the films to get made.As was again Brad Pitt contributing to the production of Moneyball.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a friend who lives in Camberwell so we go to Peckham Multiplex- £5 a ticket. They also do Orange Wednesday, so it's only £2.50 each. It's not a bad little place.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 468
    Forum Member
    Vue are terrible, the constant checks they do during the movie winds me up as well.
    ...and if they don't do the check you'll also be the one complaining you had hooligans shouting and screaming throughout the film. :rolleyes:

At the OP, seriously what did you expect. You walk in to one of the flagship stores in one of the posh shipping centres in the country and purchase tickets for one of their luxurious services.

They also bring your drinks while your watching the film, have a concierge to look after you. You'd be surprsied how popular it is, during big releases this seats are sold out nearly a week before. :)
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Last time I went to the cinema, I paid £8 in a normal cinema. I was fuming. Just 12 years ago, when I was like 8, I remember tickets being only £3. :(
  • InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jalal wrote: »
    ...and if they don't do the check you'll also be the one complaining you had hooligans shouting and screaming throughout the film. :rolleyes:

At the OP, seriously what did you expect. You walk in to one of the flagship stores in one of the posh shipping centres in the country and purchase tickets for one of their luxurious services.

They also bring your drinks while your watching the film, have a concierge to look after you. You'd be surprsied how popular it is, during big releases this seats are sold out nearly a week before. :)

I have been to a Scene screen a few times before and have never seen anyone offering waiter service inside the auditorium. And what exactly would a concierge do for me whilst I'm watching a film? The experience of seeing a film in a Scene for over £19 is almost identical to seeing one in Screen 17 for £11: pleasant, but no more so than seeing it in The Gate for £10.50.

And Shepherds Bush is not a posh shopping centre, however hard Westfield tries to pretend it is.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Went to see Django Unchained today, £5.50, not bad :o