Would you buy an iPhone 5C?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 995
Forum Member
✭✭
People think it's a bad phone and I don't see why?

Would you buy an iPhone 5C? 59 votes

Yes
28% 17 votes
No
71% 42 votes

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. Looks like a toy to me plus I had an iPhone 5 it would feel like a downgrade.
  • louisa320louisa320 Posts: 7,459
    Forum Member
    No, the 6 will be out soon :)
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. I'd rather have the iPhone 5 which has much better build quality. As the iPhone 5 is no longer on sale I'd pay that little bit extra and get the 5S.
  • daveyfsdaveyfs Posts: 1,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just bought a new 5 off ebay for £340 because a) I really don't like the plasticky look and feel of the 5C and b) because I didn't feel I could justify paying for the 5S which, although good, is only a stopgap model until the 6 comes out.

I'm hoping the 6 is going to be a step change in the same way that the 4 was.
  • swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Why are you conducting a poll of you like it big it, or if you have what's the problem
  • Night HawkNight Hawk Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    I have one and I know quite a few other people that have them too. Build quality is excellent. Don't forget the 3/3GS were plastic but nobody harped on about it then.

The polycarbonate on a 5c is coloured all the way through, not painted on like a Samsung. My friends S3 looks awful as the paint is all wearing off!

The 5c is significantly better than the 5 - particularly as it supports 800MHz which the 5 does not.
    Forum Member
    No. I'd rather have the iPhone 5 which has much better build quality. As the iPhone 5 is no longer on sale I'd pay that little bit extra and get the 5S.

How do you know - have you taken them apart?
  • enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No for one simple reason I would rather have something like an Xperia SP cheaper and has a better quality screen. Fully supports LTE I have nothing against iPhones apart from the screens and would advise someone who wants an easy to use smartphone to get one just not for me. Has nothing to do with the plastic though as people say I think the iPhone 5 does look better and if you on EE or Three you don't really need the 800MHz support.
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope. Looks like a toy to me plus I had an iPhone 5 it would feel like a downgrade.

pretty sure it's the same spec?

yes, i wouldn't mind having one, but i have the iPhone 5s
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I'd consider buying any iPhone variant. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Night Hawk wrote: »
    How do you know - have you taken them apart?

Obviously I'm giving my own opinion. I think the 5 looks more premium and is more attractive to me. I don't have a problem with plastic, I've been using Samsung phones for the last 2 years. However if there is an option to buy a phone which looks more premium and more attractive, with better specs for only a little more, that's what I'd do. In fact that is what I did, I got the 5S although I no longer have it anymore.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    I don't think I'd consider buying any iPhone variant. :)

I wish I'd never bought mine, but I quickly came to my senses and have a decent phone now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have one and I know quite a few other people that have them too. Build quality is excellent. Don't forget the 3/3GS were plastic but nobody harped on about it then.

The polycarbonate on a 5c is coloured all the way through, not painted on like a Samsung. My friends S3 looks awful as the paint is all wearing off!

The 5c is significantly better than the 5 - particularly as it supports 800MHz which the 5 does not.

Beauty is all in the eye of the beholder as they say. I'll admit the 5S looks better than any samsung phone, however the screen on the samsung phones/ most android phones are stunning. Couple that with a sleek design with a metal trim and you have a nice looking phone. I don't like the look of the 5C at all. Samsung phones look better.
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We have one as a work phone, and I must admit it looks quite nice, but it doesn't impress me and I wouldn't buy another Apple product myself (owning an iPad and iPod).

:) Mark
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member

You are correct. They didn't. The reason being is every phone was plastic. Apple then brought out a metal phone and then claimed it was the best. Apple fans then lapped this up.

Apple then bring out another plastic phone and call it 'unapologetically plastic' in a vein effort to tell their fans "no wait, plastic is fine again"!

Haha! That doesn't make it look any less tacky because it's coloured all the way through!!

Its not significantly better. Its marginally better because of the modem. No other reason.
    Forum Member
    enapace wrote: »
    No for one simple reason I would rather have something like an Xperia SP cheaper and has a better quality screen. Fully supports LTE I have nothing against iPhones apart from the screens and would advise someone who wants an easy to use smartphone to get one just not for me. Has nothing to do with the plastic though as people say I think the iPhone 5 does look better and if you on EE or Three you don't really need the 800MHz support.

Three are rolling out 800MHz from June, which will extend the reach of LTE in many places outside towns and cities. For that reason alone, I wouldn't want a 4S or a 5
  • KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I'd get a 5S.

If it was cheaper, I would consider it though. But only in the white variant.
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's shockingly overpriced IMO for what it is, but then I think many phones are.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    No because it's stupidly over priced. It was billed as a low cost iPhone yet the price is ridiculous. If it was around £300 then maybe. May as well get an iPhone 5 off eBay.