Forum Member
    ✭✭
    red dead online is the best online ps3 game in my opinion
    better then gta
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in the same boat, but picked it up on disc for the PS3 for £5.
    I have to admit feeling a bit underwhelmed.
    I'm about 2hrs in and it all feels a bit same-y......get on horse, ride to area, shoot <repeat>

I desperately want to like this...can anyone give me hope that it starts to expand and develop??

I was the same. Having come from GTA IV and the moving about the map on horseback didn't appeal to me so I put the game down and stopped playing the months.

Then I picked it up again as there was nothing else to play and I dont know what it was but I began enjoying playing the game right through to the end. 90% of the game is riding around and shooting but I was more intrigued how the story would end.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    How about we split the difference and have a Red Dead update for the One/PS4?

The thing about RDR is that its a love letter to both the classic and revisionist western genre's - If its something you are already familier with, it just makes the game perfection.

Hearing a Red Tailed Hawk screech while sitting on your horse over looking some high mesa is just ciche overload, but it never fails to bring a grin to my face.
  • Options
    ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Whatever it is, they've got my money.

Bully 2 seems the most overdue, so that'd be nice.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't see how Red Dead can be topped to be honest.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    Naa_KwaKai wrote: »
    I really don't see how Red Dead can be topped to be honest.

Simple. Have twice the size of the map, twice as many weapons, twice as many settlements, two characters on two horses, twice as many missions and BAM, you've got a game that's twice as good.
  • Options
    1ncognito1ncognito Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about we split the difference and have a Red Dead update for the One/PS4?

The thing about RDR is that its a love letter to both the classic and revisionist western genre's - If its something you are already familier with, it just makes the game perfection.

Hearing a Red Tailed Hawk screech while sitting on your horse over looking some high mesa is just ciche overload, but it never fails to bring a grin to my face.

Yep :) Seeing the sun come up over the desert for the first time is one of my "jaw on the floor" gaming moments when I just sit back and marvel at how beautiful a game can be.
  • Options
    ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely this is just GTA V next-gen? Don't see anywhere on the article that says this is a new title.
  • Options
    seanfseanf Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Simple. Have twice the size of the map, twice as many weapons, twice as many settlements, two characters on two horses, twice as many missions and BAM, you've got a game that's twice as good.

Plus have Co-op campaign where friends can just drop in.
  • Options
    Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    It's no good - I'm now going to have to dig out RDR this weekend.

Time to saddle up my "War" horse once again.

Now if I could just remember how dead eye works. :confused::blush::confused:
  • Options
    supersleuthsupersleuth Posts: 470
    Forum Member
    It's no good - I'm now going to have to dig out RDR this weekend.

Time to saddle up my "War" horse once again.

Now if I could just remember how dead eye works. :confused::blush::confused:

R3 or L3 on PS3..not sure on other formats.
    Playing through for the very first time right now.......getting more into it, but for me I was expecting more
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I couldn't get into myself, it felt it lacked some of the fun found in the GTA games. Perhaps one day I'll wonder back to it.
  • Options
    matburmatbur Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Tempted to get this. I've never played it
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RDR is better than every GTA game as it doesn't have the game-killing traffic.
  • Options
    Naa_KwaKaiNaa_KwaKai Posts: 1,883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    matbur wrote: »
    Tempted to get this. I've never played it

You should. Wonderful story and characters with soul and heart.