Options

Lovefilm by post

I have been a member of Lovefilm for some years and always thought the service was quite good but since it has been incorporated into the Amazon site the service has become a joke. I never get anything on my high priority list anymore and on some occasions I have had random discs sent that aren't even on my list! I have over 100 titles on my list and never had any problems before. So is anyone else having the same problem? Are Amazon doing it on purpose because they want rid of the rent by post service?

Comments

• Options
    blgsmrssblgsmrss Posts: 19
    Forum Member
    I tend to agree with you. I rarely get anything on my high priority list anymore, and I've also noticed that discs from a box set are not always sent one after the other, i.e. some other title sent in the middle of the flow, which is a little annoying, and never happened previously. On the plus side, I always receive an e-mail telling me that they have received a disc back from me, which was hit and miss prior to Amazon taking over. I know it may be old fashioned, but I quite like DVDs and would be really disappointed if the service stopped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm not a gambling man but I'd put my money on amazon trying to phase this service out. It just won't exist in the near future.
  • Options
    NinjyBearNinjyBear Posts: 8,317
    Forum Member
    Yep, they've really turned to shit since moving to Amazon. My main list is almost empty because there are so many films unavailable to add....it's ridiculous.

When films move from 'reserve' to 'available' I remove them and then re-add them, otherwise they never seem to ship out high priority films. Doesn't always make a difference, but it's better then when I just leave them there.