EE : The Carters need to go now....

NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Sorry all Carter fans.....I tried to look for an existing thread and am astounded that couldn't find one...anyway here are my reasons for not liking them and why I feel they need to go....

Mick's constant rhyming slang is ridiculous!
Mick and Linda having 3 kids that look the same age as them is stupid
Lee is an idiot and the "one minute soldier one minute lad back in the square" thing is confusing - he's rubbish anyway
Er Johnny is gay. What else? Crap character
Nancy talks, walks, acts, dresses like a 5 year old (basketball player!). Awful.
And the dad they hate has just moved in after years of being estranged and suddenly from being ill in the hospital and needing a wheelchair he's now constantly smoking and drinking in the vic making using his legs with no problems at all!!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    The actor who plays Stan broke his ankle so they had no choice but to write it into the show. You can recover from a broken ankle; he wasn't on the verge of death.
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I find it difficult understanding their appeal. The programme needed a new family but they have been a total disappointment.
  • soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noush wrote: »
    Sorry all Carter fans.....I tried to look for an existing thread and am astounded that couldn't find one...anyway here are my reasons for not liking them and why I feel they need to go....

Lee is an idiot and the "one minute soldier one minute lad back in the square" thing is confusing - he's rubbish anyway
    Nancy talks, walks, acts, dresses like a 5 year old (basketball player!). Awful.
    And the dad they hate has just moved in after years of being estranged and suddenly from being ill in the hospital and needing a wheelchair he's now constantly smoking and drinking in the vic making using his legs with no problems at all!!

they had kids young. you can tell there is an age difference tho.. linda and mick have wrinkles for one thing.

Have you never been to london? I love the rhyming slang and its very true to the area. it fits

I think Johnny had been on the backburner since the sharon incident at the albert but there's more to being gay his relationship with linda for one.

Nancy dresses urban. if u look at the daily fail you will see its on trend aswell as I see plenty of celebs dressed that way, rhianna, brooke vincent, charlotte crosby etc. also see a lot of youths male n female dressed the same.

I think the carters really add to the show and deffo prefer them in the vic to kat and alfie
  • ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Carters in general are a success in my eyes apart from a few members like Lee, Tina and Tosh. I hope they will continue to stay on the show for years but I would like them to get less screentime because it feels like The Carter Show at the moment.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This thread is pointless. Your nit picking at stupid stuff now go away if you dont like the carters no one forces you to watch eastenders...
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wouldn't worry about it, the latest storyline for the Carters will destroy them, I give the majority of the family 18mths tops! The only ones left will be Linda and Shirley.
  • Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This thread is pointless. Your nit picking at stupid stuff now go away if you dont like the carters no one forces you to watch eastenders...

I find it a bit distasteful when people are abusive of other posters
  • xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,259
    Forum Member
    Luv the Carters, they are going nowhere. :D
  • MiniMeTooMiniMeToo Posts: 17,674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    like them all, except for Linda.
  • TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A character in a London-based soap should depart because he uses cockney rhyming slang?
  • EEforestEEforest Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love the Carter's! I think they've been a massive success! (except Lee)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it a bit distasteful when people are abusive of other posters

Pot meet Kettle... ;-)
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    I'm getting a bit bored of them now. They've been exposed too much too soon.
    Even Stan who I thought was fantastic is being ruined by his innuendo-filled conversations with Cora.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Noooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ozboz3Ozboz3 Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I ask what you would have liked to have seen then op because I think the Carters are different to the usual soap family?
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    I can't stand the Carters either and luckily for me keep finding threads inviting me to say so :D

In my view they're too old fashioned and too much like caricatures of everything EE.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only one I can't stand is lee! Mick and nancy aren't fantastic but they're very watchable! I love linda however, and I like Johnny's character.... Linda makes a fantastic landlady, I feel like she'd honestly be a lot better off without mick!

Stan's a really interesting character l, I like how there are some older cast members aswell now! I think the main reason we haven't warmed to the carters is because their storylines have been so dull! Mick learning how to swim, etc... It's pathetic! Hopefully Linda's rape will help us see them in a more gritty and darker light! ATM they're like a carry on family more than an EastEnders family, when you compare them to the Mitchell's and slaters, it's laughable, hopefully things will improve soon, and I think they will, they do need to be decreased in size though, there's way too many of them! Dtc told us it wouldn't become the carter show, and over the summer they've been it non stop! He kept his promise at first! I hope in the autumn, the other characters can take have a lot more to do!
  • doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member

But surely Eastenders should be about more than the Carter family? Why should someone stop watching just because they don;t like the Carters?

Otherwise they should re-name the show 'The Carters.' They might as well as they are in virtually every scene now, and every storyline has to feature an obligatory Carter, even if it is only 'good ol' Shirl' propping up the bar.

The entire family need less screen time, or we will end up with a Branning situation again, and people will switch off in droves.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    doormouse1 wrote: »
    But surely Eastenders should be about more than the Carter family? Why should someone stop watching just because they don;t like the Carters?

Otherwise they should re-name the show 'The Carters.' They might as well as they are in virtually every scene now, and every storyline has to feature an obligatory Carter, even if it is only 'good ol' Shirl' propping up the bar.

The entire family need less screen time, or we will end up with a Branning situation again, and people will switch off in droves.

It was the exact same with the slaters tbf, they'll calm down in 2015 I reckon!
  • QueenAmyQueenAmy Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that they all have potential
    Although I'm not a huge fan of Tina or Lee, so if they left I don't think that I'd be mourning for too long
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    It was the exact same with the slaters tbf, they'll calm down in 2015 I reckon!

I know it's about personal taste in the end but for me the Slaters were brilliant. They were exciting, different and even a little intriguing. However the Carters are boring, one dimensional and a big fat EE cliche.
  • Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry OP but the Carters are the new Brannings with taking over the show it being all about them
  • mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I think that a lot of posters love the idea that is in their own heads of what they want the Carters to be rather than what they are. For example, everyone wants Mick to be this super cool hard man yet totally family orientated but someone who could be dark and unsettling.Thus, they talk about as if he is that. In reality, he has so far come across as a weak, almost cowardly individual who does not even back up his own partner. However, the soap powers that be will clearly turn him into what I described above soon enough.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone could be cynical about any family in the show. The Carters are ok and have a good family dynamic.
  • danyelldanyell Posts: 10,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you want Eastenders to become rubbish again do you? Which it was before they came into it. The Carter's have definately breathed new life into the square and Mick and Linda are played by very charismatic actors.