movies4men reception

2»

Comments

• Options
    rai unorai uno Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _ben wrote: »
    I couldn't really comment on what gear the neighbours may be using, but they are a fair distance away, certainly out of DECT range.

Fair enough - we've had quite a few such cases recently, mainly in multiple occupancy buildings.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got the same problem with this channel.
    OK on sky, dodgy on Humax FOXSAT HD.

Bryan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    LNB skew off slightly, maybe? Is Zone Horror and Film24 exhibiting similar behaviour? If yes, give it a bit of a twist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope that's the only problem channel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    I would suggest a very minimal tweak of the dish to the east. I was having this EXACT problem, and I realized my motorized dish USALS setting for astra 2/eurobird was 28.2 NOT 28.5. Changed it, re-scanned and all was well. :)

As an aside, why do FTA channels change their TP so much? Many of the "smaller" channels jump around frequencies on what seems like a monthly basis.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a problem like this, a while back (About a year & half ago) Only True Movies & True Movies 2 were effected, I my case the problem was caused by a combo of having really good BT Dect phone's (I can walk my dog across the road (About 40Metres away, through a brick wall aswell remember, perfect reception) and a really cheap pre manufactured 5 metre extension cable (U59 Cable, man this cable is pants in rejection terms) I was using because the wife wanted the room shifted round. I solved the problem by replacing the extension cable with another of better quality. There's alot of 3rd party installers out there using RG6 cable that has a air spaced dielectric, why? cause its £30 for a 250 metre drum! I dont see this being good at the rejection of unwanted signals. What kind or cable you got?;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    i have seen this problem so many times when working for sky, still not come up with a definitive solution, check the dish, as has been mentioned make sure there is no wireless devices around, if problem still persists, replace coax,

the amount of jobes i have had this problem and changing the cable has cured it is silly, i have never found any damage on the cables i am replacing but it normally works.
  • Options
    ian-dian-d Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to raise this thread from the dead but today I was told by an installer of mine that he's experiencing this problem with a large number of his customers. His customers are spread far and wide and he uses various satellite setups each time. Would certainly suggest more to it than just DECT phones or interference.

Any further thoughts?
  • Options
    mill9mill9 Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always had a problem with Movies 4 men and the Zone Horror transponders and sometimes others on Eurobird. Setup is 95cm dish aligned on 13° and the ofset LNB's on 19.2° and 28.2°. The problem only occurs during rain, usually break up but only cuts off completly if the rain is heavy. I tried a 70cm dish aimed directly at Eurobird with a different LNB and cable and still not very strong! Don't know whay they cannot up the power. Trues movies though is much better since it moved frequency. Have got 2 DECT phones in the house but not aware of any problems from them.