Options

Newbie Question On EPG storage

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 169
Forum Member
I am about to buy the Hummy.
Thought I was clear on the way it stores the EPG, but a post on here has confused me?

1.Does it store the EPG when left in standby?

2.Is the only time it takes a long time to start is when it has been unplugged from the mains because it is reloading the EPG?

Sorry, I know you've all been through this before, but I've seen some conflicting threads

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it doesn't store the EPG when in standby, at the moment at least, so it has to reload the epg when switched on from standby.

This may change in the future though, if we ever get this series linking thingy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ico. wrote:
    No it doesn't store the EPG when in standby, at the moment at least, so it has to reload the epg when switched on from standby.

This may change in the future though, if we ever get this series linking thingy.

Cheers ico.
    So roughly how long to it take to startup?
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So roughly how long to it take to startup?

15 to 20s to display a picture, 5 to 15 minutes to have a fully populated EPG.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    5 to 15 minutes to have a fully populated EPG.[/QUOTE]

Wow thats longer than I thought!

If your using it before the EPG is fully populated are the now&next details when changing channels correct when first started?
  • Options
    kragbellkragbell Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    5 to 15 minutes to have a fully populated EPG.

If your using it before the EPG is fully populated are the now&next details when changing channels correct when first started?

and even longer to populate if you turn it on and start to watch a recorded programme rather than a live broadcast. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member

There is a work around for this. In the settings you can set the box to switch on at a defined time, so I set mine to switch on at 6 in the morning. I'm up at 7 so I set any reservations then. I normally leave the box on, but you can put it on standby. The box doesn't actully use much power when on I believe anyway.

Looks like the EPG being saved to disc will be in the next software update, I believe planned in the next month or so. I wouldn't let this put you off buying this PVR, it's a minor niggle.

Woolfynorm.