BT Vision - Your thoughts?

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Just after your opinions on BT Vision as i am moving house next month and the new house is in a BT Infinity area and i am really tempted by this.

I currently have Sky TV (£62.25) and Orange Unlimited Broadband and Phone (£21.50) and am wondering if paying the extra £4.50 plus £129 line rental up front is worth it as that is a whopping £1188 per year! + £131.76 for Netflix and Love film!

I was therefore looking at BT Vision, as most of the stuff we watch is now on demand, either through Sky Anytime Plus or via Netflix and Love Film. Obviously we could get BT Vision with the Unlimited TV (£12.50) and £18.20 for Sky Sports 1 & 2 Plus the broadband and line rental. This is a considerable saving than paying for Sky and BT Infinity (£809).

So really, what i want to know is, is BT Vision worth the money? How good is the On Demand offering? What are the movies like? Do they fill the Sky Movies gap? and what is the likelyhood of a price rise when the linear channels are launched?

Sorry for a bit of an essay! Just really interested!

Mike :)

Comments

• Joel's dadJoel's dad Posts: 4,886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky do sky fibre now
  • michaelalanrmichaelalanr Posts: 862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel's dad wrote: »
    Sky do sky fibre now

Yes indeed they do. But they are telling me it isn't available at my new address.. and not telling me how long until they make it available. Plus it is another £20 plus line rental on top of what i already pay to Sky..

I'm not saying its not worth it, just weighing up my options!

Mike
  • betsvigi9betsvigi9 Posts: 397
    Forum Member
    Good Afternoon Everyone,

Just after your opinions on BT Vision as i am moving house next month and the new house is in a BT Infinity area and i am really tempted by this.

I currently have Sky TV (£62.25) and Orange Unlimited Broadband and Phone (£21.50) and am wondering if paying the extra £4.50 plus £129 line rental up front is worth it as that is a whopping £1188 per year! + £131.76 for Netflix and Love film!

I was therefore looking at BT Vision, as most of the stuff we watch is now on demand, either through Sky Anytime Plus or via Netflix and Love Film. Obviously we could get BT Vision with the Unlimited TV (£12.50) and £18.20 for Sky Sports 1 & 2 Plus the broadband and line rental. This is a considerable saving than paying for Sky and BT Infinity (£809).

So really, what i want to know is, is BT Vision worth the money? How good is the On Demand offering? What are the movies like? Do they fill the Sky Movies gap? and what is the likelyhood of a price rise when the linear channels are launched?

Sorry for a bit of an essay! Just really interested!

Mike :)

It's all about opinions and really you are best making your own mind up. I don't think anyone knows whether the price will go up when the linear channels are launched.

The attached link shows you what is currently available on BT Vision
    http://www.btvision.bt.com/tag/on-demand/

Click on the listings guide and then the On Demand tab to see what is currently available; scroll down it's a long list. Box Office are the available films that you have to pay for these over and above any subscription. There are films that are included in the subscription but as you would probably expect they are not latest releases. You will not have access to as much as you get on Sky, but you have probably already guessed that.

For the record, I have had BT Vision for 3 years, I think it is a good service and I can still always find something to watch. I am looking forward to a few more linear channels though. You may or may not agree, but you really have to do some research and decide for yourself.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a general point, reviewing all your utilities when you move house is a good idea. And as you have to wait for engineers' visits etc for pay-TV services, broadband etc when you move house, you may as well move to a new supplier.