123457»

Comments

• Options
    dsimillerdsimiller Posts: 1,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian_Scott wrote: »
    Galliard Homes - I couldn't agree more.

They make LBC almost unlistenable at the moment.

This week, I heard the same one twice in one break and four times in an hour.

ENOUGH !!

Yes,just one of the many reasons I have completely stopped listening to that station.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    speculator wrote: »
    3) TomTom. They have just started an advertising campaign. They are for people who make offensive comments about a newly-wed's wife or someone's conservative hairstyle.

Oh dear: they make me smile. But that probably says more about me than I'd want people to know!
    Is the NorthGate Vans, the one that sounds like Chaz and Dave, if it isn't them ?

That's the one!
  • Options
    Ermintrude1Ermintrude1 Posts: 342
    Forum Member
    That awful woman with the lugubrious voice who advertises testing your smoke alarm! "FIIIARRRR Kills...."

Yes we know - but you sound as if you were not actually alive in the first place
  • Options
    RedunitedRedunited Posts: 1,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Toyota advert actor sounds like cristo from lbc. That annoying tradepoint on talkSPORT really annoys me. Any ppi advert and that amigo loans advert.
  • Options
    dermott100dermott100 Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dunno if this one's been mentioned, but I am nominating it, as when it was first aired, it was funny enough, but I think that it has now been on for over a year, and that is the one where one fella catches a burglar in his house, believes him when the burglar says that he is from the Gas Board and helps him with his stolen property into the burglar's Toyota (?) car. "£9,995? Do you think I am an idiot?" is the punchline.

And d'ye know the funniest thing? I honestly cannot properly remember the make of the car, advertised.

LBC listeners should know the one I am talking about.

DGY
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh dear: they make me smile. But that probably says more about me than I'd want people to know!

That's the one!

I like those TomTom ads! The most cringe-making is the woman giving her plain friend a lift home "You GO GIRL!"
  • Options
    80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TalkTalk and Craig Kelly's awful voice.

Those ads are being hammered to death & I just tune out the second I hear that 'Hot Hot Hot' song
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That freaking 'Delivery' shite for madbid.com is back.

Guaranteed to make me switch to the next station on my presets.
  • Options
    WellHiddenMarkWellHiddenMark Posts: 1,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hampson Hughes

Let me tell you baht an accident I 'ad

Smashed me radio

into the wall.
  • Options
    Steven OliverSteven Oliver Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    80sfan wrote: »
    TalkTalk and Craig Kelly's awful voice.

Those ads are being hammered to death & I just tune out the second I hear that 'Hot Hot Hot' song

The ones they had last year with the female voiceover weren't much better, to be honest.

Also worth a mention are the Bauer 'house adverts' which infiltrate their radio stations, especially the ones for the Flirtify dating website which are currently doing the rounds.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have Kiss on at work and some of the adverts annoy me -

MA - talks about over 50% of people surveyed said they had higher than expected bills after purchasing a used car. In the advert the bloke is making weird noises "repairs, repairs" "fffffffuuuuueeeelllllll" "TAX renewal renewal renewal" the thing what annoys me the most is how dense the people were to ask? Surely people know they have to put fuel in a car to drive?!?

Another one I hate I'd the tom tom ones about alternative routes being faster

Bore off!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just heard two seriously annoying ads one after the other on LBC.

First one is the dreadful "Whistl" advert with lots of irritating whistling.

The other is the Northern girl on the phone to Jonathan Warburton about having split from her boyfriend. "He's probably with his new bit of crumpet now.... sitting in bed eating crumpets.. LAFFING!!! "

Grrrrrr...
  • Options
    statleranwaldorstatleranwaldor Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Its got to be fffing wilbur on british gas terrible.
  • Options
    Sophie_GreeneSophie_Greene Posts: 676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its got to be fffing wilbur on british gas terrible.

I've finally heard it and I fully agree!