Options

Pam's AT!!

2»

Comments

• Options
    katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That looks quite good! I do feel bad for them that they didn't get to perform it, it sucks no matter which couple had gone out first. Seems very unfair to rehearse something for so long and then not get to perform it.

Agree totally and it's a con we didn't get to see it too. It would have cost them all of a minute and half to see it. The judges wouldn't even had to have commented and we could have done without the pointless opinions of members of the public about how entertaining Anne was and other innaties or the usual journey gubbins. I would have seen the AT then yet another summary of Jamela's SCD time on SCD. I'm glad I'm finally going to get see it or at least a version of it.
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofakat wrote: »
    What a shame. I was going to comment on this thread, but realise that you don't actually want genuine thoughts on Pamela's AT. As an experienced AT dancer I might have been able to add something.

Not every dance is perfect. I think one can talk about the good and the bad, but maybe I just think like a dancer.

That's not what I'm saying at all and you know that. There are ways that comments can be phrased and it is not necessary to result to nastiness.

In any case, why would my post stop you? I haven't noticed you being bothered by that sort of comment before.
  • Options
    jacksinclairxjacksinclairx Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gutted we didn't ever get to see this performed properly on the show :(, i think it would of been electric, i was totally engrossed in the drama when they were in the training room and training gear, quite sad we won't be seeing much more of Pamela now unless she gets some Television work, i know some people were not overly keen on her but each to their own :) I'm sure she will be great on the tour
  • Options
    Azla AxeAzla Axe Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Hmmm... I didn't particularly like it. Too much "leg over" action, not enough AT steps. Which has been the case form most ATs in Strictly (maybe with the exception of Rachel's and Kara's). It also didn't flow, but that might be because it was from the training, and not the finished article.

Still, I would have liked to see it on the night.

I would also have liked to read Sofakat's assessment, but hey...
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Azla Axe wrote: »
    Hmmm... I didn't particularly like it. Too much "leg over" action, not enough AT steps. Which has been the case form most ATs in Strictly (maybe with the exception of Rachel's and Kara's). It also didn't flow, but that might be because it was from the training, and not the finished article.

Still, I would have liked to see it on the night.

I would also have liked to read Sofakat's assessment, but hey...

You're on the right track Azla :D I have posted my thoughts elsewhere, on another thread where we say what we like. There is also another expert opinion there.
  • Options
    Azla AxeAzla Axe Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    sofakat wrote: »
    You're on the right track Azla :D I have posted my thoughts elsewhere, on another thread where we say what we like. There is also another expert opinion there.

I'll check them out. Thanks! :)
  • Options
    IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I detected several stumbles, indeed to many to make me wish I'd seen the final performance.

Though tbf it was only a rehearsal.
  • Options
    Button62Button62 Posts: 8,463
    Forum Member
    Didn't look to bad for a rehearsal, but hoisting your partner's leg up onto your hip doesn't look great. Couldn't Pammie do it herself? After all she is young fit and active :p
  • Options
    MsVonDarknessMsVonDarkness Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I was not/am not a fan of Pamela but have to admit I would have loved to see that AT in the final. Looked amazing (apart from the lifts) to my eyes!
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    katmobile wrote: »
    Agree totally and it's a con we didn't get to see it too. It would have cost them all of a minute and half to see it.

Pros and cons, a particular case and setting a general precedent.

At the point of elimination one couple are bid an emotional farewell with profuse thanks, then the audience turn their heads towards the Final Two. If a couple who went out feet first promptly revive and return they won't half disorientate the audience with anticlimax.

In this particular case Pamela who had compiled eight 10's might well earn four more 10's thus re-igniting furious debate about her elimination. In another year the eliminated couple may be so shaken that their final dance becomes a sad shambles upsetting the festive audience. :eek:

Once a referee has made a decision perhaps best to let the game continue, right or wrong. Pamela's AT was what might have been, but the voters had said no, right or wrong, and fond au revoir had been said......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    Pros and cons, a particular case and setting a general precedent.

Once a referee has made a decision perhaps best to let the game continue, right or wrong. Pamela's AT was what might have been, but the voters had said no, right or wrong, and fond au revoir had been said......

but we have had many people go out and still do a show dance - Julian and Erin, Zoe Ball, Lisa and Brendan, to mention but a few (and with at least 3 two-person series thats only one series i can't remeber!!)
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    tvaddict37 wrote: »
    but we have had many people go out and still do a show dance .... Lisa ....

Some viewers are still hurting. :D