Stereo Kicks have split up

Comments

• blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whoah that was quick...!

Thought this was some sort of joke but...obviously the single wasn't a success so...there's no money in it either splitting things eight ways was always going to be difficult anyway..
  • Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louie will probably be laughing right now, considering Stereokicks went on to say what they did. Good old Louie, having the last laugh.:D Don't get too big for your boots now Stereokicks.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/stereo-kicks-blast-louis-walsh-5552073
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No great loss. They won't be missed.

Bye.
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not exactly shocking, it was a no go from the start. Just some desperate attempt from Simon to get another boyband for his pension.

8 members was never going to work in the first place, Blazin' Squad tried that years ago and failed. No doubt see some of them in the Jungle, BB etc this year before vanishing into thin air, then come back 10 years later on a reunion show.
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    their fans are going to be heartbroken

all three of them
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimik1uk wrote: »
    their fans are going to be heartbroken

all three of them

😄😄😄 You've done it now 😉

Odds on first one to attempt to go solo? Odds on any of them turning up on CBB/IAC?
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    😄😄😄 You've done it now 😉

Odds on first one to attempt to go solo? Odds on any of them turning up on CBB/IAC?

would that be the one with the teeth or the one with the ears ;-)
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    it was so obvious, the moment they failed to crack too 10 single .. plus, it won't be easy to split money in 8 ways, it won't be that much.
  • Gavin_MartinGavin_Martin Posts: 863
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GracieL wrote: »
    Not exactly shocking, it was a no go from the start. Just some desperate attempt from Simon to get another boyband for his pension.

8 members was never going to work in the first place, Blazin' Squad tried that years ago and failed. No doubt see some of them in the Jungle, BB etc this year before vanishing into thin air, then come back 10 years later on a reunion show.

Blazin Squad last a lot longer than Stereo Kicks, they stay together for 4 or 5 years and i know you are cross that x factor is still on, but sometime next year we will know if x factor is going to be axed or not
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    I like how their main reason is that the industry is tough on unsigned acts. If you want to be a musician you've kind of got to be dedicated even when you're unsigned, you know like the majority of musicians in the world.... Well I hope that at least the lead singer gets a solo contract as he was the only one who had a great vocal
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    I like how their main reason is that the industry is tough on unsigned acts. If you want to be a musician you've kind of got to be dedicated even when you're unsigned, you know like the majority of musicians in the world.... Well I hope that at least the lead singer gets a solo contract as he was the only one who had a great vocal

I think it's more that the industry is tough on unsigned acts of their size. Remember, they'd have to organise travel for each of them, and so on.

At least as solo artists, they only have to organise travel for themselves/their management.
    Forum Member
    i would say its more that the industry is tough on unsigned acts of their talent level , or lack of
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i would say its more that the industry is tough on unsigned acts of their talent level , or lack of

I think that's a bit harsh. There are many factors that worked against them, not just their abject dearth of talent.

They will be remembered in all our hearts as a perfect storm of mediocrity.
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

😂 James pretty much carried the group so he's the only one I can see potentially having a chance of any sort of solo success
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But they have the one guy with the tall hair that can sing.

Also, one of them is very good at stripping his clothes off, as he did for his Attitude photo-shoots.

And another one of them is a fairly decent busker.

I don't know any of their names, sorry.
    Forum Member
    the cynic in me is wondering if the timing of this is deliberate so one or more of them can try as a solo artist on this years show
  • unclekevounclekevo Posts: 20,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the cynic in me is wondering if the timing of this is deliberate so one or more of them can try as a solo artist on this years show

Haha my thoughts too
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Things weren't working out somehow with the band featuring a 14 year old and a 22 year old all singing about the same experiences and claiming to be "the best of friends".

In other news the Pope is Catholic and water is wet.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    would that be the one with the teeth or the one with the ears ;-)

LOL 😄 - I'd forgotten my names for them!

Wonder if a Samaritans helpline will be set up for both of their dedicated fans to call? 😢

Still, at least Tiny Tears can concentrate on his GCSEs now - every cloud eh!
  • ritchie2ykritchie2yk Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    I don't think either of them have the star quality to go it alone, makes you wonder how much the likes of blazin squad and so solid crew made from their time as bands
  • mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope ucra girl is ok. Must be terribly harsh to have one's entire belief system crushed in the space of a week.
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »
    I hope ucra girl is ok. Must be terribly harsh to have one's entire belief system crushed in the space of a week.

LAMO I am perfectly fine and havent crushed. "My enitre belief system" is a bit immature for you to say,this is a discussion forum and I can defend who I like.I dont need to be a sheep or nasty.
    I have just logged on and saw the news this afternoon.Thank you for thinking about me rightly or wrongly.I have no regretts in supporting them and wouldnt change it for the world. I am pleased they didnt drag it on unneccesarily or left one by one and slag off each other.

I am also happy they were not signed with false hopes and dropped afterwards.I am proud of what they have acheived,they can take it away and learn from it,age is on their side.I will be following them individually.

JLS was my other XFactor band and they split when it was right.I am proud to support people who can take mature decisions.

Quite honourable from the XFactor.It shows how respectable their decision is.

https://twitter.com/TheXFactor/status/622372972528017409
  • Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mmpfb wrote: »

Is there really any need for that.

I'm not surprised thw hear the news if I'm honest. I always felt that James carries the group, vocally an year, and there was too many of them and most of them where just there to fill a space. I wouldn't be surprised to hear some of them get together as try as a new group.

I will admit when I first heard their song playing in my work I was wondering who it was as it was quite catchy.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sammi42 wrote: »
    Is there really any need for that.

I'm not surprised thw hear the news if I'm honest. I always felt that James carries the group, vocally an year, and there was too many of them and most of them where just there to fill a space. I wouldn't be surprised to hear some of them get together as try as a new group.

I will admit when I first heard their song playing in my work I was wondering who it was as it was quite catchy.

Thank you Sammi,there is really no need:)

The numbers were against them.It would also take lots of financial investment for any label to take on 8 people.

They sound very upbeat on twitter I am a bit suspicious of what is coming next tbh. It is the end of Stereo Kicks as a band that is the way they are putting it.Lots of "the next chapter", and "new projects" talk.Vocally Casey and Chris are the weakest,but there is a core group. Barclay hasnt tweeted anything,

Chris is talking of a solo career as this was his 2nd band but I doubt he is strong enough

Apart from James I cant see a solid solo career and for him Stereo Kicks has given him the Spring board.

After such exposure there are always other routes into theatre,acting etc.We dont know if James Grant is keeping some of them

The song was very catchy and written by Tom,he may have just exposed himself as a song writer.It has been covered alot even before it was released.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Huh? Reece's Dad nearly spilling some beans.;-) This split sounds too upbeat to be too bad.

https://twitter.com/SKUK_UPDATES/status/622466056347643904