Stereo Kicks have split up

Comments

• Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,982
    Forum Member
    Practically every split in UK pop history has been amicable, they are brothers/sisters, love each other, blah blah blah. Then it turns out most actually didn't split amicably and ended up not liking each other by the end of it.

To be fair they gave it a go and it didn't work out for them. A group of 8 people, especially one unsigned, was never going to make enough money to survive.
  • ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Practically every split in UK pop history has been amicable, they are brothers/sisters, love each other, blah blah blah. Then it turns out most actually didn't split amicably and ended up not liking each other by the end of it.

To be fair they gave it a go and it didn't work out for them. A group of 8 people, especially one unsigned, was never going to make enough money to survive.

I dont think anyone is disputing that but from what it sounds,the 8 piece Stereo Kicks cant logistically be made to work,signed or unsigned.It seems they tried to stay as 8 but as you said they couldnt make money unsigned and maybe no one wanted to sign all 8.The 'amicable' decisions looks to be the one to dissolve SK as a band.

From reading their tweets and now Reece's Dad's interview above he says "they needed to cut" ,he rules out a Reece solo but something is coming under a new management in about a month. They cancelled the SK August gigs which were already scheduled.

Before I saw that interview I wasnt convinced we may never see some of them again from their tweets
    Forum Member
    I'm fairly convinced we won't be seeing the majority of Stereo Kicks again.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm fairly convinced we won't be seeing the majority of Stereo Kicks again.

We wait and see.They are 8,we may not see 4 again.I cant see Reece solo and his Dad has ruled that out but he will be back it looks.
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »
    We wait and see.They are 8,we may not see 4 again.I cant see Reece solo and his Dad has ruled that out but he will be back it looks.

I can't see any of them solo, or at least being successful solo. So few from boy bands/girl groups manage to become successful.
  • Sammi42Sammi42 Posts: 3,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [/B]

Thank you Sammi,there is really no need:)

The numbers were against them.It would also take lots of financial investment for any label to take on 8 people.

They sound very upbeat on twitter I am a bit suspicious of what is coming next tbh. It is the end of Stereo Kicks as a band that is the way they are putting it.Lots of "the next chapter", and "new projects" talk.Vocally Casey and Chris are the weakest,but there is a core group. Barclay hasnt tweeted anything,

Chris is talking of a solo career as this was his 2nd band but I doubt he is strong enough

Apart from James I cant see a solid solo career and for him Stereo Kicks has given him the Spring board.

After such exposure there are always other routes into theatre,acting etc.We dont know if James Grant is keeping some of them

The song was very catchy and written by Tom,he may have just exposed himself as a song writer.It has been covered alot even before it was released.

No worries :) It's not right to single out a person just because they have someone they have supported has a misfortune. Talk about the bands situation, no need for people to bring individuals :)

I'm not too familiar with them all by name. James is by far the best singer and has the best chance of trying it alone. I think a few of the other boys could do ok as a group, maybe a four piece. They're all still young and have their fans so why not try again. If it doesn't work at least they give it a go :)

I found myself singing along to the song the more I heard it. Maybe Tom could go behind the scenes as a writer.
    Forum Member
    I actually quite liked the song, and like James' voice and for some reason find myself quite attracted to Jake (and honestly, I have no idea why).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually quite liked the song, and like James' voice and for some reason find myself quite attracted to Jake (and honestly, I have no idea why).

I liked James voice too. I just kept thinking let him sing everything. It was the same with Union J I just wanted Jaymi to sing everything :p
    Forum Member
    Sammi42 wrote: »
    I liked James voice too. I just kept thinking let him sing everything. It was the same with Union J I just wanted Jaymi to sing everything :p

Yeah I felt the same about UJ. The others were just kind of there. But then I suppose it's kind of like that with a lot of boybands, they have one or two good singers and the rest can hold a note but get by either by being really fit or mainly because the other one/two just sing everything and they mime to the chorus (Nicky Byrne off of Westlife, I'm looking at you my friend)
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest Love Me So was a excellent debut - it couldn't have been any better. As it failed commercially there's nothing in it for anyone eight people is alot to split a very small amount of money for it to be worth everyone's effort. Basically, if that single that was promoted and had a decent music video failed then anything subsequent would also. They should have continued in my opinion as if their management where not willing to fund another single then they could have been savvy and done things with Pledge Music instead but that's more for the passion then the money i guess and it seems they don't want to be anything semi-successful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I felt the same about UJ. The others were just kind of there. But then I suppose it's kind of like that with a lot of boybands, they have one or two good singers and the rest can hold a note but get by either by being really fit or mainly because the other one/two just sing everything and they mime to the chorus (Nicky Byrne off of Westlife, I'm looking at you my friend)

:o Don't blast my Nicky (He really was just the eye candy though ;-) )

The problem with boybands now is that they all want to have solo parts where the likes of Westlife knew Shane & Mark was the right 2 to be in front. It worked for them look how long they lasted, no egos vying for the spotlight they all knew the roles the played within the group and where happy with that.
    Forum Member
    Sammi42 wrote: »
    :o Don't blast my Nicky (He really was just the eye candy though ;-) )

The problem with boybands now is that they all want to have solo parts where the likes of Westlife knew Shane & Mark was the right 2 to be in front. It worked for them look how long they lasted, no egos vying for the spotlight they all knew the roles the played within the group and where happy with that.

I'm not blasting him, he's bloody gorgeous and knew his role. Although it wasn't until 2008ish when Nicky really became a bit fit, until then he was firmly in the miming in the chorus group.
  • blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well...

Tom will be the most successful and develop a successful songwriting career writing for others and will eventually dish out an EP no one will buy

James will reappear on some sort of singing competition but not get past to the live shows

Casey will become a regular feature in Daily Mail articles falling out of nightclubs with several high profile female girlfriends

Jake will take a career as a Aston Merrygold lookalike

Bradley will appear in several tv slots namely Buzzcocks doing his Yodel bit...

Reece will decide to live a normal quiet life trying several different hairstyles along the way - all of these will be illustrated in detail on instragram

Charlie will re-release 'She's a Belieber' but his solo career will never really take off

oh and Chris will sadly fade into obscurity....

:D Am i close?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not blasting him, he's bloody gorgeous and knew his role. Although it wasn't until 2008ish when Nicky really became a bit fit, until then he was firmly in the miming in the chorus group.

He knew his role and played it well :D
  • mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    Well...

Tom will be the most successful and develop a successful songwriting career writing for others and will eventually dish out an EP no one will buy

James will reappear on some sort of singing competition but not get past to the live shows

Casey will become a regular feature in Daily Mail articles falling out of nightclubs with several high profile female girlfriends

Jake will take a career as a Aston Merrygold lookalike

Bradley will appear in several tv slots namely Buzzcocks doing his Yodel bit...

Reece will decide to live a normal quiet life trying several different hairstyles along the way - all of these will be illustrated in detail on instragram

Charlie will re-release 'She's a Belieber' but his solo career will never really take off

oh and Chris will sadly fade into obscurity....

:D Am i close?

if you applied your last prediction to all 8 of them you would probably be closer ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be honest Love Me So was a excellent debut - it couldn't have been any better. As it failed commercially there's nothing in it for anyone eight people is alot to split a very small amount of money for it to be worth everyone's effort. Basically, if that single that was promoted and had a decent music video failed then anything subsequent would also. They should have continued in my opinion as if their management where not willing to fund another single then they could have been savvy and done things with Pledge Music instead but that's more for the passion then the money i guess and it seems they don't want to be anything semi-successful.

What is promotion without radio play or TV performances??? The single didnt have main stream backing.A lot was online to the fans and regional stations were the boys come from.The whole population of causal listeners was not reached because of no label.

Failure commercially is only measured if everything that needs to be done is done and no sales are realised.In this case it wasnt.The fans did all the work.

Logistically signed or unsigned it is an expensive band to maintain.Splitting up all together was better than chucking out members and remaining Stereo Kicks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soapfan678 wrote: »

Sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.Louis as a mentor was the first disaster.Simon would have been better,even if he didnt take them he would help them round the industry.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't see any of them solo, or at least being successful solo. So few from boy bands/girl groups manage to become successful.

I am seriously not sure what is going on behind the scenes.Barclay seems to be the worst affected,he didnt thank the fans like the others and has now left the SK twitter account,a week before.Chris has plainly stated a solo career. There are official hints for Reece but not as solo.Charlie is probably moving on to other things,he is 15 and it would be wise for his parents to get him away now from all of this.He sounds positive and is going on holiday with Barclay (I have never heard of a Barclay/Charlie anything but Julie Jones has pretty much been their mother and it seems Barclay needs some love)

The others Tom,Jake,Casey and James did thank fans and sound positive about what is next.Casey thanked Dan Wotton who replied positively about the future.

Like you I cant see a solo career but I will not be surprised if there is a re-group.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    unclekevo wrote: »
    😂 James pretty much carried the group so he's the only one I can see potentially having a chance of any sort of solo success

I would agree but coming off the back of a failed boy band, there is bound to be huge amounts of backlash from the media. That can apply any of those 8 lads who want to try going solo.

Either that, or it was all a cunning plan all along to push James as "the one who could sing". James was a better singer than Paul, Jack and especially Jake (easily the worst singer in the category imo).

Can James actually turn things around and be a successful solo artist? I have my doubts but if X Factor 2014 is going to have any successful acts emerge from the show, then James deserves some level of success for actually being a great singer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »
    I would agree but coming off the back of a failed boy band, there is bound to be huge amounts of backlash from the media. That can apply any of those 8 lads who want to try going solo.

Either that, or it was all a cunning plan all along to push James as "the one who could sing". James was a better singer than Paul, Jack and especially Jake (easily the worst singer in the category imo).

Can James actually turn things around and be a successful solo artist? I have my doubts but if X Factor 2014 is going to have any successful acts emerge from the show, then James deserves some level of success for actually being a great singer.

It is hard to know why he wasnt spotted as a solo artist in the auditions,however looking at the footage James shines more fronting a band.I have a feeling he would have struggled in the live shows and came off worse than he is now.Now he has proved he is a great singer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can these boys turn it around with is sort of support.I hope it can at least put pressure on the XFactor creating bands and have no policy around after care.If they have demand and show a level of potential in the real world,the XFactor should help them progress.

Thanks MTV for the reminder,the Xfactor involved the public in naming Stereo Kicks

https://twitter.com/MTVMusicUK/status/623079095811706880

Vevo UK

https://twitter.com/Vevo_UK/status/623085115133005824

That is lovely of Alesha

https://twitter.com/AleshaOfficial/status/622917375856394240
  • ChristmasCakeChristmasCake Posts: 26,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can these boys turn it around with is sort of support.I hope it can at least put pressure on the XFactor creating bands and have no policy around after care.If they have demand and show a level of potential in the real world,the XFactor should help them progress.

Thanks MTV for the reminder,the Xfactor involved the public in naming Stereo Kicks

https://twitter.com/MTVMusicUK/status/623079095811706880

Vevo UK

https://twitter.com/Vevo_UK/status/623085115133005824

That is lovely of Alesha

https://twitter.com/AleshaOfficial/status/622917375856394240

That's fairly ridiculous dear.

They know what they're getting into when they sign up to X-Factor. They're not X-Factor's responsibility if they aren't successful.
  • MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look like Reece might team up with some past members to form a new boyband if Reece's dad is right ..