Options

what do you think about "male lesbians"?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry what?

So masculine men don't have illnesses? :confused:

Of course they do but I still think a lot of illnesses accentuate femmininity, which isn't the same thing imho.

Illnesss which mean you don't have the energy to do anything and lie about languidly, enhance a person's femmininity, in my opinion. The image of a masculine man is one who can defend himself physically and has lots of energy to live an active life. Maculinity means defensiveness and activity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mklass wrote: »
    Lol..... i think you have hit the nail on the head there Bill..... My thoughts exactly.... Lesbian is the name given to women not men....he's a lazy transvestite.....:yawn:

Can I add selfish, attention seeking moron as well? There are places where children die because they can't get 20p antibiotics to fight a chest infection or a £5 mosquito net to protect them from malaria, yet someone is calling "male lesbianism" a syndrome. This has made me more annoyed than it should have.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can I add selfish, attention seeking moron as well? There are places where children die because they can't get 20p antibiotics to fight a chest infection or a £5 mosquito net to protect them from malaria, yet someone is calling "male lesbianism" a syndrome. This has made me more annoyed than it should have.

no you've misunderstood me there; he doesn't say male lesbianism is a health condition, he just has a lot of other, serious, health conditions.
  • Options
    MosmanJudderMosmanJudder Posts: 136
    Forum Member

no they aren't they're calling sexual orientation a syndrome. Fell free to get more annoyed;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    says the person who has labelled their friend a 'male lesbian' throughout the thread

I'm respecting his right to label himself however he wants. He is the one who's said, "I'm a male lesbian". I think everyone has the right to label themself however they want, even though, I'm not that keen on labels myself, though occasionally I think they're useful.
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolls wrote: »
    no you've misunderstood me there; he doesn't say male lesbianism is a health condition, he just has a lot of other, serious, health conditions.

Which have nothing to do with him being a 'male lesbian'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Which have nothing to do with him being a 'male lesbian'.

you could be right. I'm sure it's not a requirement to be ill to be a femminine-seeming man.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can just tell from this thread that my friend's problems with people picking on him for being a "male lesbian", are very real, the poor man.

But it's great to see a lot on here are okay with men like that.
  • Options
    Special K_Special K_ Posts: 6,320
    Forum Member
    Waahaaa.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have an issue with men who want to stay at home and look after kids-- it's a difficult task and it's valuable. I see nothing wrong with men being nurturing because great parents need to be nurturing regardless of gender.
    fair enough, and maybe im resorting to old fashioned gender roles on this one, but whilst im not against the idea of the "house husband" I dont think it odd that a man should set himself up to want to be one.

I dont understand why its apparently ok for this guy to want to be depend on someone else, simply because he acts kinda feminine.

he can wear womens clothing 24/7 52 weeks a year, if he wants, but he should not be living his life hoping to grow dependent on someone, and not be able to sort his own problems out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    fair enough, and maybe im resorting to old fashioned gender roles on this one, but whilst im not against the idea of the "house husband" I dont think it odd that a man should set himself up to want to be one.

I dont understand why its apparently ok for this guy to want to be depend on someone else, simply because he acts kinda feminine.

he can wear womens clothing 24/7 52 weeks a year, if he wants, but he should not be living his life hoping to grow dependent on someone, and not be able to sort his own problems out.

perhaps they would also grow dependent on him though - in other ways?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LoL

Are you a doctor?

No and I apologise for calling male lesbianism a syndrome - I didn't mean to imply it's an illness, (any more than life's an illness we'll all die of one day) - I used the wrong word.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    perhaps they would also grow dependent on him though - in other ways?
    out of interest, if you were a mother, would you encourage this kind of dependency in your kids?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    out of interest, if you were a mother, would you encourage this kind of dependency in your kids?

hmmm. No not in the sense of urging a boy to be like this, but I'd accept it if it was genuinely where he felt his happiness lay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hmmm. No not in the sense of urging a boy to be like this, but I'd accept it if it was genuinely where he felt his happiness lay.
    and if the kid was your daughter? would you encourage similar behaviour in her?
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of surprised and disappointed with a lot in this thread. The ease with which the OP associates submissiveness with femininity is kind of degrading to both sexes.

And we are to associate lesbianism with wanting to be looked after? Ah but only if it's a male. I can't be doing with this at all.

I have often in the past described myself as a male lesbian - on DS threads as well - and I was kind of pleased when I heard Eddie Izzard coin the term too. But I don't see that it has anything to do with cross dressing, wanting to be a women - and definitely nothing to do with reinforcing sexual stereotypes that should have died with the Carry On films.

When I used the term I was trying highlight a personal dissatisfaction with males who like to be dominant in a relationship - and with females who think that's what men should be like.

I've spent the evening drinking lager and watching the complete series of Pride an Prejudice. If there isn't a decent footy game on I may re-watch Love Actually because the last 20 minutes always make me cry.

But I shall stop using the term male lesbian now - well, to be honest it's felt a bit stale for a year or so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,168
    Forum Member
    be like saying a female gay guy. It makes no sense..

The characters of sex and the city are female gays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm kind of surprised and disappointed with a lot in this thread. The ease with which the OP associates submissiveness with femininity is kind of degrading to both sexes.

when did I do that? :confused: Doesn't being submissive mean doing what you're told when you're bossed around by some (usually pain in the proverbial) person? I don't get what that's got to do with being protected, pampered and cherished. Cinderella was submissive - only at the end of the tale, when she married the prince, was she a princess. From what I've heard and read male lesbians want to be treated as a princess - not a submissive Cinderfella servant. I've heard they envy what they see as female priviledges - of being taking care of - not liking what they see as approved roles for males which are about being tough and hard and not in any way getting an easy life of love and cherishing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and if the kid was your daughter? would you encourage similar behaviour in her?

my answer would be the same.

there's a high chance she would be as it's been a family trait - until the last few decades, when so much heterosexuality came in, (in the past many of my female ancestors lived with female relatives who acted as nurses and housekeepers, not getting married themselves).
  • Options
    droogiefretdroogiefret Posts: 24,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when did I do that? :confused: Doesn't being submissive mean doing what you're told when you're bossed around by some (usually pain in the proverbial) person? I don't get what that's got to do with being protected, pampered and cherished. Cinderella was submissive - only at the end of the tale, when she married the prince, was she a princess. From what I've heard and read male lesbians want to be treated as a princess - not a submissive Cinderfella servant. I've heard they envy what they see as female priviledges - of being taking care of - not liking what they see as approved roles for males which are about being tough and hard and not in any way getting an easy life of love and cherishing.

Hi Dolls - I'm sorry if I made it personal - I shouldn't have done that. I probably did use the word submissive too broadly.

I don't like the idea that being pampered and protected is a female trait - I don't like the idea that being a breadwinner is a male trait. I'm not really attracted to females who like being pampered, it goes without saying females like that are not attracted to me. But I don't like being pampered or protected either.

I guess this goes some way to explain why I have been single for the last ten years .... you can probably ignore most of what I say with some safety.:)
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    _drak wrote: »
    The characters of sex and the city are female gays.

They're just heterosexual women, obviously not all straight girls are like that and they're not representative of all women.

You cannot get a female homosexual male. That's my point. Behaviours aren't exclusive to your gender or your sexuality. There is no 'gay lifestyle'.

How can a woman behaving 'like a gay man' when there's such a range of behavours amongst gay men themselves?
    Or a male lesbian be feminine when the stereotype is that lesbians are butcher than straight women? (Which of course is nonsense, but I'm using it as a point)

He's just a feminine man, nothing to do with lesbianism at all.
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just what the world needs - another neatly labled box to put us in.

Whatever happened to individuality?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WTF? :confused:

You have a straight male friend who likes to dress flamboyantly and show a feminine side as well as having some old fashioned thoughts on what being a woman is about?

That's it. That's all.

He's not ill, he has no syndrome, he's not a bloody lesbian and he doesn't need a label. Is his name Lawrence and does he like decorating?

Jeesh, people will find anything to be one of the persecuted crowd these days.
  • Options
    Chelseafan101Chelseafan101 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have no opinion either way regarding males from the Greek island of Lesbos.
  • Options
    DancesWithKatsDancesWithKats Posts: 417
    Forum Member

If it were your daughter working 3 jobs to support such a man would you be happy for her?
This discussion has been closed.