Options

Christine Bleakley - A turn off ??

DianeDiane Posts: 1,389
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Always enjoy dancing on ice but will give it a miss this time with Christine fronting the show, no thanks

Comments

• Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,214
    Forum Member
    I daresay one of the conditions for her being approved by schofield is that he doesn't want to be upstaged by an intelligent woman
  • Options
    mrsdaisychainmrsdaisychain Posts: 3,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand her and I think millions of others can't either that's why they deserted Daybreak.
    I will watch the first show, I won't let her ruin it for me. If she get's on my nerves that much, I will tape the rest of the shows and ff through her bits. I hope people don't desert the show totally because of her, otherwise there will be no more DOI one of my favorite shows.
    Why they gave her this role, one of the most high profile on tv after she ruined Daybreak, is totally beyond me.
  • Options
    Hello.Hello. Posts: 1,894
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find her annoying too, was gutted when I heard she was presenting. I never actually saw Daybreak, though.
  • Options
    rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All she has to do is ask the judges what they think. She won't make enough of an impression to bother me. Spence on the other hand....
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rebecca87 wrote: »
    All she has to do is ask the judges what they think. She won't make enough of an impression to bother me. Spence on the other hand....

My thoughts exactly. I will have the remote to hand to avoid the ad breaks and if Louis gets on my wick I will turn over whilst he is on!
  • Options
    YorkshireFanYorkshireFan Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    didn't watch at all last year, sick of Jason - will give it a go tonight, can't stand Bleakley but looking forward to seeing Louis Spence:eek:
  • Options
    lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her! But lets face it, Holly only had to turn up in a posh frock, and ask a couple of questions!
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my god! I've just realised! No more Holly Willoughboobies! :(
  • Options
    Christian CageChristian Cage Posts: 6,239
    Forum Member
    I'm going to miss Holly hosting the show. I find Christine Bleakley really annoying.
  • Options
    essexboyashessexboyash Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she doesnt bother me really i dont see why people dislike her so much
  • Options
    deivu74deivu74 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look on the bright side - at least it's not Natasha Kerplunksky.
  • Options
    rickster1995rickster1995 Posts: 5,556
    Forum Member
    Diane wrote: »
    Always enjoy dancing on ice but will give it a miss this time with Christine fronting the show, no thanks

yeah you will give it a miss because of the presenter, nevermind the fact that its the actual contestants your supposed to be focusing on. pathetic i bet you will tune in
  • Options
    Stewie_CStewie_C Posts: 1,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to find Holly vacuous and irritating, but strangely she was part of the show and having Beaky replace her seems wrong somehow.

Glad that Jason and that flipping Bunton woman are gone though :D
  • Options
    KarriKarri Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    I can't stand her, the show will certainly not be so good with her presenting :-(
  • Options
    joules22joules22 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stewie_C wrote: »
    I used to find Holly vacuous and irritating, but strangely she was part of the show and having Beaky replace her seems wrong somehow.

Glad that Jason and that flipping Bunton woman are gone though :D

^^^ this
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she doesnt bother me really i dont see why people dislike her so much

Because they can :p People love bandwagons.

At least watch the show before waving her off (plus, presenters are slightly peripheral to the core content of the show, which should be of main concern to people).
  • Options
    SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all. Because I don't hop on every convenient bandwagon that comes along.

Good luck to Christine, she'll be great.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    I really don't get the hate for Christine Bleakley.

I hope she's given a bigger role on the show instead of just asking the judges for their opinions; she's capable of so much more than Holly Sugartits (that's the only reason I liked her; apart from that, nothing)
  • Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    I daresay one of the conditions for her being approved by schofield is that he doesn't want to be upstaged by an intelligent woman

I think you are absolutely right. He was thrilled when Fern left and he had the casting vote in recruiting the Barbie doll Dolly Willoughby. And now we have her Irish cousin on DOI. Apparently Schofile is Mr. TV with ITV and simply can do no wrong. They don't seem to care that the programmes limit their appeal when they appoint these Bimbo's. I used to dip in and out of This Morning but when the blonde one with the tossing mane of hair extensions arrived, I gave up completely.

Have never been able to abide Bleakly and think she climbed to prominence on the back of Adrian Chiles's coat tails. Now ITV are stuck with her incredible salary so they've put her on DOI.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deivu74 wrote: »
    Oh my god! I've just realised! No more Holly Willoughboobies! :(

Says it all really.
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,214
    Forum Member
    I would have liked Sarah Greene to have got the job- but I think she was too clever for Schofield's liking when they worked together on Going Live. It was always Greene who handled the more erudite guests and issues- Schofield got Gordon The Gopher chats.

Schofield's ego it the real issue I think - ITV may be scared of losing him - Don't understand why they would be
  • Options
    tabithakittentabithakitten Posts: 13,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't see the big deal. One pretty, fairly vacuous, non-challenging female presenter leaves to be replaced by similar. Does anyone honestly have such a problem with Christine Bleakley that they'll really turn off because it's her delivering the general, nondescript presenting lines and bland, all-purpose questions that this role requires rather than Holly Willoughby?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Danslink wrote: »
    I really don't get the hate for Christine Bleakley.

Me neither. I really like her and I loved her and Adrian back in the day on the One Show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would have liked Sarah Greene to have got the job- but I think she was too clever for Schofield's liking when they worked together on Going Live. It was always Greene who handled the more erudite guests and issues- Schofield got Gordon The Gopher chats.

Schofield's ego it the real issue I think - ITV may be scared of losing him - Don't understand why they would be

Well, I suppose he could replace Alesha.... No chance, Schofield doesn't do team work. He must be numero uno. Always wondered why he doesn't realise that having Holly on This Morning has made him look twenty years older.
  • Options
    angel103angel103 Posts: 216
    Forum Member

Hellooooo Footygirl!
    Nice to see you - to see you - nice!