Options

Leona Lewis Best You Never Had

4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
Forum Member
I just randomly remembered this song from Her Sprit album and forgot how much I loved it :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJPTpub5aZw such a tune should of been a single imo Spirit was such a good album Leona really needs to get back to that sound.

Comments

• Options
    ashtray88ashtray88 Posts: 1,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What did you think of Glassheart?
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I'd have wanted it to be a single, but it's a good song. Take A Bow is really good too.
  • Options
    4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    What did you think of Glassheart?
    Only liked a few songs from it prefered her Spirit sound.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never liked this one on spirit. There were better songs on that album.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, although - Take A Bow & Yesterday were also potential singles.
    I actually still believe Take A Bow could be a hit today if released. :/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    4troy7 wrote: »
    Only liked a few songs from it prefered her Spirit sound.

I think she is going back to that sound for her fourth album.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I love that song, I think Spirit is probably my favourite Leona album, though I do love them all.

Its a shame they never released more singles in the US from Spirit and really cemented her over there, Take A Bow was a definite hit, but apparently they didn't release it because Rihanna was releasing her Take A Bow at the same time and as someone else said Yesterday is great. Plus I still don't get why they never released Run worldwide.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    Yeah I love that song, I think Spirit is probably my favourite Leona album, though I do love them all.

Its a shame they never released more singles in the US from Spirit and really cemented her over there, Take A Bow was a definite hit, but apparently they didn't release it because Rihanna was releasing her Take A Bow at the same time and as someone else said Yesterday is great. Plus I still don't get why they never released Run worldwide.

But they could have just changed the title of the song?

It's should a shame because all the songs that everyone has mentioned in this thread were also my favourites on her spirit album.
  • Options
    Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That's where they messed things up IMO by not releasing more singles from spirit worldwide. That would of cemented her success and then she would have had a better chance with happy. However I think after bleeding love the label became too complacent and decided she had made it and could put anything out and it would just sell.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus I still don't get why they never released Run worldwide.

She did release Run worldwide. It did well in Europe and even got to 13 in Canada. However, in the US it only reached 81 on the Billboard top 100 chart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But they could have just changed the title of the song?

Probably but from the way "Take A Bow" is repeated in the chorus, that would be kind of odd. I can't think what else they could call it? Maybe "Like A Star" or "You Played The Part" But it's such a shame that such a great song wasn't released because of Rihanna's droll version where she sounds like she's falling asleep. Also, Madonna already released a song called "Take A Bow" too..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Yesterday is the best song Leona has ever recorded.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Is she still recording and performing? I haven't heard anything about her for ages.

They seem to wheel her out for a typically OTT performance on X-Factor and then she disappears into obscurity again.

I think she could still make a decent living performing on cruiseships and at seaside holiday camps
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ashtray88 wrote: »
    She did release Run worldwide. It did well in Europe and even got to 13 in Canada. However, in the US it only reached 81 on the Billboard top 100 chart.

It was treated like a proper release though, they never did much real promo for it worldwide.

I don't think Run was sent to US radio, it got to 81 based on the fact fans bought it when it became available, her first US performance of the song only happened a couple years ago on the X Factor US final.
    abarthman wrote: »
    Is she still recording and performing? I haven't heard anything about her for ages.

They seem to wheel her out for a typically OTT performance on X-Factor and then she disappears into obscurity again.

I think she could still make a decent living performing on cruiseships and at seaside holiday camps

Yeah she released an album in October last year called Glassheart, its a great album imo.

And she starts her tour in Germany in 9 days time and will play a few dates there before going to Switzerland for a date, followed by 16 dates in the UK, two of which are at the RAH, it has sold very well, some have sold out.

So yeah she is a while away from cruiseships and seaside holiday camps. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    STEPHENFOX20STEPHENFOX20 Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Obviously a fan like, I adore her!!! This tour looks amazing. Check out my new thread

It was treated like a proper release though, they never did much real promo for it worldwide.

I don't think Run was sent to US radio, it got to 81 based on the fact fans bought it when it became available, her first US performance of the song only happened a couple years ago on the X Factor US final.

Yeah she released an album in October last year called Glassheart, its a great album imo.

And she starts her tour in Germany in 9 days time and will play a few dates there before going to Switzerland for a date, followed by 16 dates in the UK, two of which are at the RAH, it has sold very well, some have sold out.

So yeah she is a while away from cruiseships and seaside holiday camps. :rolleyes: