Sympathy For Any Unhappiness Thread

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
Forum Member
✭✭✭
okay due to another thread in advice, I have decided to start a sympathy for any unhappiness thread.

The idea is, anyone can share any bad feelings they have, or their unhappiness over anything, and have it acknowledged that a reader cares about their pain.

Please, no remarks about trying to be positive, or others having it worse off, or the problem being trivial, as this is not the advice section. People can know that what they're going through needs this or that approach, or, that others have it much worse off, but sometimes they just need to know that someone cares to move on or to find a bit of comfort. It can help to know you're not considered unimportant, despite how you compare with others who are debatedly worse off. Let's be honest, there's almost always someone who's worse off, but that doesn't mean that stuff doesn't hurt, very badly, or that depression and anxiety can't be seriously horrendous and badly disabling.

Comments

• TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel quite lonely sometimes, if that counts :(
  • Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    I am deeply unhappy about this thread and want some sympathy.

Now, sympathise damn you!
  • Archie DukeArchie Duke Posts: 1,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flat Matt wrote: »
    I am deeply unhappy about this thread and want some sympathy.

Now, sympathise damn you!

There there.

That's me, I'm done.
  • lucifer samlucifer sam Posts: 688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am very tired and breathless.
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :confused:Forgive me if I am misunderstanding this. A sympathy thread for all posters who are having a difficult time but advice or positive posts not wanted? So whats to discuss?
    I am not intending to be deliberately obtuse but Im not sure what your wish for this thread is, particularly..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

gosh, I'm sorry to hear that! That must be hard! I have been lonely myself at times and it's not nice.
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Aw hope you're ok.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    :confused:Forgive me if I am misunderstanding this. A sympathy thread for all posters who are having a difficult time but advice or positive posts not wanted? So whats to discuss?
    I am not intending to be deliberately obtuse but Im not sure what your wish for this thread is, particularly..

To hear that someone hears them, (reads them) and cares and doesn't judge. It can be a help. I thought we have the advice section for advice, but what about those who just want someone to listen and care? This thread was suggested by BazO - hello Baz.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm sorry to hear that. Have a hug (if you like them) x
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Making friends has never been easy for me as I have quite low self esteem due to being bullied at school. They say time heals all wounds but, as yet, that has not been the case.
    Forum Member

Try and be positive, others are worse off etc.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    OP, I think it's a great thread and I hope people just move along if they've nowt appropriate to add.

If it helps others share, I've had a crappy, life-changing year through illness and am struggling to get myself back again - mind, body and soul. Reality is, that's why I found DS in the first place, having suddenly had a great deal of time on my hands. My brain doesn't function as it did before (which I hadn't expected), my body certainly doesn't (knew that would be the case, but doesn't make it much easier), and my emotions have taken a bashing as a result.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Making friends has never been easy for me as I have quite low self esteem due to being bullied at school. They say time heals all wounds but, as yet, that has not been the case.

I feel for you. I have heard others with that experience and it makes me angry on your and their behalf, the long term damage which bullying does! You are not alone. x
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dolls wrote:
    It can be a help.
    To be sad and someone to make you sadder can be a help?:confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Check thread title
  • benjaminibenjamini Posts: 32,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dolls wrote: »
    I feel for you. I have heard others with that experience and it makes me angry on your and their behalf, the long term damage which bullying does! You are not alone. x

The crisis support group in advice is one of the best threads on DS. GD is a tough place. Just my thoughts:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OP, I think it's a great thread and I hope people just move along if they've nowt appropriate to add.

If it helps others share, I've had a crappy, life-changing year through illness and am struggling to get myself back again - mind, body and soul. Reality is, that's why I found DS in the first place, having suddenly had a great deal of time on my hands. My brain doesn't function as it did before (which I hadn't expected), my body certainly doesn't (knew that would be the case, but doesn't make it much easier), and my emotions have taken a bashing as a result.

thanks for saying it's a good thread Rancidbeings and I share your sentiments with the bit in bold.

I feel for you deeply. I think we can take our health for granted, but boy is the experience of dealing with serious health problems an ordeal, and how they change and restrict your life! You never know what you've got till it's gone. I hope you will get some relief soon and I hope you will (can), get better. Take care x
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    benjamini wrote: »
    The crisis support group in advice is one of the best threads on DS. GD is a tough place. Just my thoughts:)

thanks for the advice. If readers want to move to there I have no objection. I haven't visited it so am neither recommending nor not recommending.
    Forum Member
    Check thread title

Give me strength.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel upset over a guy. It may seem trivial but it's making me feel sad so sorry if anyone feels like it's nothing major compared to their issues but it's hurting me
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Thanks, only trouble is I am not good at being positive.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give me strength.

Sorry for the tone of my post. Just re read it
    Forum Member
    Thanks, only trouble is I am not good at being positive.

Well, if you're no good at being positive, I have no sympathy for you!

You're on your own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Dolls wrote: »
    thanks for saying it's a good thread Rancidbeings and I share your sentiments with the bit in bold.

I feel for you deeply. I think we can take our health for granted, but boy is the experience of dealing with serious health problems an ordeal, and how they change and restrict your life! You never know what you've got till it's gone. I hope you will get some relief soon and I hope you will (can), get better. Take care x

Thank you. To be honest, that's the first open gripe I've allowed myself about it all - so no matter what crappy responses this thread attracts, genuinely, thank you for the outlet. For me, it meant a great deal (though I hadn't realised that it would!) :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, if you're no good at being positive, I have no sympathy for you!

You're on your own.

Thats all I deserve I suppose.