Boxing Day dilemma

2»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spoty wrote:
    Why? she told them she could not work it in advance. She has done nothing wrong, they do not own her life.

As for meeting up later, How far away is the meal? and I don't think there will be much public transport on boxing day.

Why should she suffer because they are not that efficient. :confused:

Because life isn't always fair, and we're not always entitled to EVERYTHING we want just because we think we "deserve" it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firstly I would like to thank so many people for offering advice. I would have replied earlier but I had lectures today and an appointment with one of my clients. Today one of my daughters colleagues who heard about the upset yesterday spoke to her privately and said "I hear you want Boxing day off". This lady wanted New Years day off and suggested they switched which my delighted daughter agreed to.

I'm glad everything has worked out. Enjoy your holiday.
  • Options
    eunicelouise658eunicelouise658 Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the switch had not been possible my daughter intended to speak to the management about it. She had organised an appointment, as the admin lady dug out her job application and her Boxing Day meal was noted under holidays and occasional days off.
  • Options
    spotyspoty Posts: 11,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because life isn't always fair, and we're not always entitled to EVERYTHING we want just because we think we "deserve" it.

Well the people who pay a wage can not get EVERYTHING they want, because they mess a rota up. People do "deserve" not to be treated like rubbish.

She was entitled, why did they lie and say it was ok.

ps. Glad it all worked out ok. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm really glad she got it sorted. Have a great meal!
  • Options
    ff999ff999 Posts: 4,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the switch had not been possible my daughter intended to speak to the management about it. She had organised an appointment, as the admin lady dug out her job application and her Boxing Day meal was noted under holidays and occasional days off.

Glad its sorted out, it sounds like it was a misunderstanding, easily done after an interview.
  • Options
    eunicelouise658eunicelouise658 Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just an update and a thanks for all the kind advice. Yesterday we had a lovely family meal. My OH and I can't believe our "gang" made it through Christmas day and Boxing Day without a cross word. Hope all you guys had a super time too.