Options

Low Winter Sun - 2006 Ch4

James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I recorded this when it was originally on C4 but I only saw a few of the first scenes, and I lost the videos so I decided to buy it on DVD. I have heard great things about it so I was really looking forward to it.

After watching it all I can say is WOW. It was amazing and wonderful and gripping and very dark. Mark Strong have an superb performance and Brian McCardie was amazing.

I remember seeing Brian McCardie in Murphys Law last year and he really stole every scene in that, and he was just as good in this. Brian really is a superb actor and I hope he is in more dramas like this

It was amazing to think this was made for Channel 4, they never normally produce drama as good as this! The last drama I remember Ch4 doing as well as this was Sex Traffic with John Simm and that was way back in 2004. Was it made by the same production company I wonder. I know Tiger Aspect made Low Winter Sun.

Did anyone else see it and what did you think of it?

Comments

• Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Argh, I missed this twice once on Channel 4 and then when it was repeated the weak after on More4.

Yes, Brian McCardie was brilliant in Murphys Law.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,004
    Forum Member
    Think it was repeated on More4 again over the Christmas period. :D
  • Options
    bob_loblawbob_loblaw Posts: 5,342
    Forum Member
    I really wanted to see this and never got the chance. I might buy it on dvd too.
  • Options
    iiHEARTy0uiiHEARTy0u Posts: 13,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really wanted to watch this.

But i think it clashed with Wire in the Blood.

Did it have Alex Ferns in it? Cos i think i saw a bit of it. It was alright. :)
  • Options
    James LamontJames Lamont Posts: 3,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iiHEARTy0u wrote:
    I really wanted to watch this.

But i think it clashed with Wire in the Blood.

Did it have Alex Ferns in it? Cos i think i saw a bit of it. It was alright. :)

Yes he was in it, although not in it until near the end.

One of the most amazing things was seeing the actor Burn Gorman who plays Owen in Torchwood showing he can act well, and pull off a hard Scottish accent. I didn't think he could act at all in Torchwood, but he does quite good in this even if he has a small part.
    I really wanted to see this and never got the chance. I might buy it on dvd too.

If you want the DVD I got it for £8.00 from HMV and the site is selling it for £6.00. Well worth the money IMO.