Complain to BBC about the advert at the end, also complain to Points Of View

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just complained for the first time, it popped up at possibly the worst time. I'm surprised they didn't just go the whole hog and have off to see the wizard play over and slap a CGI Dorothy dress on Amy
  • capt.shoegazercapt.shoegazer Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In what way could it possibly have been a mistake?:confused:

Graham Norton's unexpected insertion in Rose, on the other hand, was definitely a mistake.

I should say so! :D:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    In what way could it possibly have been a mistake?:confused:

Graham Norton's unexpected insertion in Rose, on the other hand, was definitely a mistake.

It was inserted in the wrong time, however i guess it wasn't.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Why don't the BBC just wipe s**t all over the screen during the final scene of Dr. Who next week? "

I love Charlie Brooker lol
  • BarracuteBarracute Posts: 243,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    squashing the credits into a small box and talking over them (and the end credits music) is dire but this was just appalling way to treat the viewers of there most successful show - i have send my complaint off, probably wont make a difference but they need to be told that what they did is totally unacceptable and also totally unnecessary - did that really get them any extra viewers for the next programme !?!?!??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At last, something we can all agree on.
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    tomsy wrote: »
    Have loads of other things to do with my life and I'll get to them just after I have complained about something that I am upset about.

If you're not upset that's fantastic and I would recommend staying off of this thread as you may end up upset (although maybe that is beneath you)

I'm not upset and won;t be complaining... but I don;t mind if anyone else does... I can quite understand why.
  • RaferRafer Posts: 14,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have chiselled a complaint into the back of an angel and am sending it around to the BBC complaints department.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barracute wrote: »
    squashing the credits into a small box and talking over them (and the end credits music) is dire but this was just appalling way to treat the viewers of there most successful show - i have send my complaint off, probably wont make a difference but they need to be told that what they did is totally unacceptable and also totally unnecessary - did that really get them any extra viewers for the next programme !?!?!??

What gets me is that they KNOW people will complain.

People have been complaining about credit squeeze and IPPs on POV for the last 2 years.

So they know that people will complain.

I think they hold the viewer in contempt and just don't care.
  • thedrazenthedrazen Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    damn was too late but still http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wq1rq7sKPdI
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rafer wrote: »
    I have chiselled a complaint into the back of an angel and am sending it around to the BBC complaints department.

:D:D:D
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    So we have a DOG come up telling us that in somewhere over rainbow was about to start, BBC have stopped to an all time low. From now on I will wait until Dr Who is on Iplayer. I get to listen to the theme without the voice over as well.

This is one of the really annoying things that a lot of Cable Channels are doing - putting adverts for programmes on over the programme itself - and it drives me nuts!

Even worse is when you have an advert for a programme not just when it ends but all the way through it.

Just another reason for TV Channels to die a death - and we can then watch our programmes uninterrupted with it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Registered my complaint. Feel a little bit ill with myself - I don't like complaining. Prefer stiff upper lip and all that.
  • DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    The thing is that while no one wants to see these on any TV channels you can at least slightly see the point of them on commercial channels. They don't want viewers to switch over during the ad breaks that pay for the programmes etc. but there are no ads on the BBC except those that it chooses make to promote other programs so there really is no point in having these things at all on the BBC.
  • PhilipLPhilipL Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi

Ditto to all comments, we couldn't believe it and it completely spoilt the ending.

I have already complained to the BBC.

These logos and banners are patronising to the viewer and disrespectful to all those that work on the program. The BBC have spend all week promoting Doctor Who then even before it is over, at a cliff-hanger, start promoting the next program, do they think their viewers are goldfish?

We pay a licence fee to the BBC, they are in a privileged position and should be above all the commercial on screen graphics, logos and next banners. If they are going to behave like a cheap commercial satellite channel then they can stop being funded by the licence fee.

Regards

Phil
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My complaint registered.

Graham Norton and his intrusion agenda *shakes fist*
  • dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've complained too. Wonder how many they will get.
  • clairescavysclairescavys Posts: 239
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/

To be fair, whenever bbc have tried anything like this, they've been pretty quick to respond with a 'won't happen again' apology. Let them know how you feel!

Appalling.

Thanks very much for the link Paul. I made a complaint via the link to the BBC about the OTR advert, really spoilt the episode for me. Especially as it was my fave episode this series so far. (Don't get me wrong, I'm not a serial complainer - this is my first compaint to the BBC).
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As well as complaining to the BBC, I've also used DS' "Contact Us" link & suggested they write a story about it (& given them links to this thread, Charlie Brooker's posts on Twitter, & the video & screencaps).
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, apparently it wasn't on BBC Wales, Scotland or HD. Just on terrestrial and Freeview in England.

What's the point of that then?:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    I phoned 03700 100222 and explained my complaint to a very nice lady called Jane. "Was it the caption for over the rainbow?" said she. That's when I realised that I'd been so apoplectic with rage that I hadn't actually read the advert at all.

I didn't register what programme it was advertising, except that it would have Graham Norton in it. (So stick that statistic in your pipe and smoke it, marketroids.):D
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,683
    Forum Member
    This shouldn't be turned into a BBC Vs the BBC detractors issue (Though this place is rife with people who'll jump on the BBC for any small thing) because it is hardly the case that the BBC is the only broadcaster partaking in this stupid practice of plastering our screen with needless clutter.

I wish something could be done about it...

Has anyone got a picture of the offending moment in question?

I've started a facebook group against it (Yeah, that'll help :P ) and want some visual reference!
  • JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for putting that on Youtube - I love the way that the dialogue as it happens is The Doctor saying 'They've made a huge, huge mistake!'. It didn't happen on HD, but I was annoyed enough by the credit squeezing they've just started - Looks like HD got off lightly!

Will submit a complaint.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 929
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Martin Y wrote: »
    I phoned 03700 100222 and explained my complaint to a very nice lady called Jane. "Was it the caption for over the rainbow?" said she. That's when I realised that I'd been so apoplectic with rage that I hadn't actually read the advert at all.

I didn't register what programme it was advertising, except that it would have Graham Norton in it. (So stick that statistic in your pipe and smoke it, marketroids.):D

What else did she say?