Have I made a Mistake NTSC/PAL

Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have today ordered a Sony TRV33 Camcorder from Pixmania on the Internet. However I'm now a bit worried about what I'm going to get, a PAL one or an NTSC one because their blown up picture shows an NTSC. Their spec doesn't mention either way. Surely if their selling to a UK address it should be PAL shouldn't it (not holding my breath).
Can anybody put my mind at rest or have I got to go through the aggro of sending it back and get a refund.
I can't ring them because they have closed for the day.

Regards

Phil S

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    are they based in the uk or the usa ??
  • GaryBGaryB Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are based in France. A couple of friends have bought from them with no problems. I suspect that they just used the first decent picture of the TR-V33 they could find for thie Web Site. Assuming you ordered through their UK link you should be OK.
  • Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well their website allows you to choose all European countries but I ordered it on the UK version of the site. Their Customer Phone line is an 0870 UK National number although their recorded messages sound Yank !! errrghkkk
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think it highly unlikely that any european (respectable) company would dare sell NTSC equipment.

French or not, I think you're pretty safe..... they probably just used a standard image from Sony or they nicked the image from an American website.
  • OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think it highly unlikely that any european (respectable) company would dare sell NTSC equipment.

French or not, I think you're pretty safe..... they probably just used a standard image from Sony or they nicked the image from an American website.
  • Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to you all for the replies. I'll post back on here to let you know the outcome and what I get.

Happy New Year