Series 6/7 finale climax "shocking"

Comments

• dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JCR, Matt seems a bit clumsy - just because he fell off his chair doesn't mean there was anything particularly shocking about the title! :o:D

hehehe
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Can't see the cliffhanger as the Dr's regeneration, Matt Smith is on contract for at least 3 seasons with the option to do more should he wish to continue. I guess the break is to give the actors the chance to do other things and a rest from being in Cardiff 8 months of the year, maybe a deal to keep Matt Smith longer in the role. There has been sightings of a sontaron trooper on set, so a clone evil Doctor is a possibility, also rumours are the 'good' man River song kills is Rory and after he dies Amy finds out she is pregnant and leaves.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant see it being to "who changing" as i dont think the BBC or the writers would want to do that

However i am quite excited and who knows maybe rory and amy have a child....that is born with 2 hearts!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oooh Oooh i know

at the end of the series Rory dies and amy finds out she is pregnant (as Horny said), but they are stranded somewhere on earth in the past as the SIlence has once again taken control of the TARDIS.

The Christmas special starts with The Doctor and a heavily pregnant Amy trying to figure out where they are and what is going on. The doctor notices an unusual star in the sky and realises that the TARDIS is burning up somewhere in space

A local woman asks Amy if the Doctor is the father of her child and she says "No, the father is up there." (meaning heaven) The woman assumes that the baby is the son of God.

The fact that the Doctor carries around a screwdriver and constantly talks about a wooden box makes people think he is a carpenter.

Amy goes into labour in a shed.

River appears in front of a few shepards (with help from a vortex manipulator) and tells them that Amy needs help.They ask who she is and she sarcastically replies "The bloody Angel Gabriel".

Whilst giving birth Amy screams "JESUS CHRIST" which the shepards and other onlookers mistake for his name

Hmmm sorry i think i may have stolen this story from somewhere...it seems a little familiar
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh Oooh i know

at the end of the series Rory dies and amy finds out she is pregnant (as Horny said), but they are stranded somewhere on earth in the past as the SIlence has once again taken control of the TARDIS.

The Christmas special starts with The Doctor and a heavily pregnant Amy trying to figure out where they are and what is going on. The doctor notices an unusual star in the sky and realises that the TARDIS is burning up somewhere in space

A local woman asks Amy if the Doctor is the father of her child and she says "No, the father is up there." (meaning heaven) The woman assumes that the baby is the son of God.

The fact that the Doctor carries around a screwdriver and constantly talks about a wooden box makes people think he is a carpenter.

Amy goes into labour in a shed.

River appears in front of a few shepards (with help from a vortex manipulator) and tells them that Amy needs help.They ask who she is and she sarcastically replies "The bloody Angel Gabriel".

Whilst giving birth Amy screams "JESUS CHRIST" which the shepards and other onlookers mistake for his name

Hmmm sorry i think i may have stolen this story from somewhere...it seems a little familiar

The thing is i could see that being done!!! but there would have to be a monster to fight....the evil king that is the master perhaps
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dr Ginge wrote: »
    The thing is i could see that being done!!! but there would have to be a monster to fight....the evil king that is the master perhaps

yeah possibly :)

then again A Christmas Carol didnt have a monster...just a cool shark and a moany old man.

Perhaps the donkey could be a little rabid
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing has struck me this morning. A line from when the doctor and river first met. She said said that her doctor "could open the tardis with a click of his fingers" as far as i know neither david tennents doc (apart for the silance in the libuary) of matt smith has done this. sooooo this may mean that matt smith is not "her" doctor???
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Let's get a little more out there - what if they're planning on making bigger changes to the expected format? The Doctor losing the TARDIS, or having it stolen from him for the next series? Being stranded on Earth again? Having to having to transfer his consciousness into a human host, Tremas-style, and spend the next series tracking it down while restricted by a human brain?

Or maybe Amy and Rory get trapped in the past, and are forced to settle down on an insignificant planet, whose descendants eventually name Gallifrey...
    Forum Member
    Dr Ginge wrote: »
    One thing has struck me this morning. A line from when the doctor and river first met. She said said that her doctor "could open the tardis with a click of his fingers" as far as i know neither david tennents doc (apart for the silance in the libuary) of matt smith has done this. sooooo this may mean that matt smith is not "her" doctor???
    Sorry, Eleventh did it in The Eleventh Hour, when he showed Amy inside for the first time. Although I like how it's gone from being a dramatic demonstration of the power of the Doctor to a cheap party trick.
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's get a little more out there - what if they're planning on making bigger changes to the expected format? The Doctor losing the TARDIS, or having it stolen from him for the next series? Being stranded on Earth again? Having to having to transfer his consciousness into a human host, Tremas-style, and spend the next series tracking it down while restricted by a human brain?

Or maybe Amy and Rory get trapped in the past, and are forced to settle down on an insignificant planet, whose descendants eventually name Gallifrey...

Except that it has been made clear in various stories in the classic series that Earth and Gallifrey are two separate planets which exist in the same time frame, it was shown in the TV Movie that Gallifrey is light years away from Earth, and we know that the Time Lords don't consider Earth particularly significant anyway.
    Forum Member
    Except that it has been made clear in various stories in the classic series that Earth and Gallifrey are two separate planets which exist in the same time frame, it was shown in the TV Movie that Gallifrey is light years away from Earth, and we know that the Time Lords don't consider Earth particularly significant anyway.

Er, what? I didn't even mention Earth...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er, what? I didn't even mention Earth...

I think if Gallifrey was founded by Earthlings, the Time Lords would know about it and hold Earth in a slightly higher regard.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, Eleventh did it in The Eleventh Hour, when he showed Amy inside for the first time. Although I like how it's gone from being a dramatic demonstration of the power of the Doctor to a cheap party trick.

AHHHHHHHHH sorry i missed that!!

But agree it was more dramatic when tennant did it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The whole stranded on earth thing could work maybe river nicks it
    Forum Member
    I think if Gallifrey was founded by Earthlings, the Time Lords would know about it and hold Earth in a slightly higher regard.
    Would they know about it? I can't imagine any Time Lords travelling back to such a pivotal moment in their culture - far too risky!

It would certainly be shocking for the Doctor to find he's descended from stupid apes - it would certainly put paid to his claims that humans look like Time Lords, and that the Time Lords came first! And it would certainly be revealing the true nature of the Doctor's relationship to Amy...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would they know about it? I can't imagine any Time Lords travelling back to such a pivotal moment in their culture - far too risky!

It would certainly be shocking for the Doctor to find he's descended from stupid apes - it would certainly put paid to his claims that humans look like Time Lords, and that the Time Lords came first! And it would certainly be revealing the true nature of the Doctor's relationship to Amy...

I think it would probably contradict something in the New Adventures novels, which dealt with the early years of gallifrey, so I'm not in favour. In fact, I tend to dislike sci-fi stories which insist on asserting that Earthlings are somehow pivotal in universal history. It all seems very egocentric, given the vastness of the universe.
    Forum Member
    I think it would probably contradict something in the New Adventures novels, which dealt with the early years of gallifrey, so I'm not in favour. In fact, I tend to dislike sci-fi stories which insist on asserting that Earthlings are somehow pivotal in universal history. It all seems very egocentric, given the vastness of the universe.
    They're already describing it as if it were something that's going to shake up the whole fabric of Doctor Who, so I wouldn't be surprised if it contradicts a million other things.

You're going to hate it. :D:p
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member

Indeed, although a reversal of that would be fine I think: that we are descended from evolved Time Lords.

But I wouldn't think it would make a great climax.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if it'll be a situation where the Doctor has to kill Amy and Rory? Or perhaps some bloodthirsty evil Time Lords torture Amy and Rory and force them to torture each other, making the Doctor watch. The Doctor has to kill the Time Lords to stop it, except the only way he's got to kill them is with a virus that makes them die horribly over and over again until they run out of regenerations. :p;)
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Wonder if it'll be a situation where the Doctor has to kill Amy and Rory? Or perhaps some bloodthirsty evil Time Lords torture Amy and Rory and force them to torture each other, making the Doctor watch. The Doctor has to kill the Time Lords to stop it, except the only way he's got to kill them is with a virus that makes them die horribly over and over again until they run out of regenerations. :p;)

Please, please, please - if you are ever offered the job of showrunner for Doctor Who, don't take it!
  • Adam KelleherAdam Kelleher Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wow Sophie, you've got a bloodthirsty imagination! If you ever become Doctor Who showrunner, the programme would have to be moved to a post watershed slot! :D
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Amy dies perhaps?

Oh please. Please, please, please, please, please:D:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    All therories of companion deaths have been shot to buggery as it has been revealed that earlier episode/s have been moved to the 2nd half of the season, presumably both Amy and Rory are in these earlier stories so are obviously alive later in the season. Can't imagine them being edited out unless their appearance is like 'A Christmas Carol' and very minimal.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All therories of companion deaths have been shot to buggery as it has been revealed that earlier episode/s have been moved to the 2nd half of the season, presumably both Amy and Rory are in these earlier stories so are obviously alive later in the season. Can't imagine them being edited out unless their appearance is like 'A Christmas Carol' and very minimal.
    And speaking of shot to buggery -no, never mind, must resist!;):D
    Anyway, this article's on the DS homepage now :)
  • tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    The twelve doctors of Christmas perhaps?

:eek: that would send me into meltdown.