What was your favorite ever mobile phone?

Comments

• beecartbeecart Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nokia 5210 in orange

BESTEST phone ever
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    scooby1970 wrote: »
    I've only even bought or had contract phones that are better than the previous one. I've had dozens over the years, and my favourite by a long shot in my Samsung Galaxy S3.

:) Mark

I think this thread is more about re-living the bricks of yesteryear. As a rule I dont think any smart phones should be allowed as 'favourites' in this thread :D
  • Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    I think this thread is more about re-living the bricks of yesteryear. As a rule I dont think any smart phones should be allowed as 'favourites' in this thread :D

What if a smartphone is your favourite ever handset?
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    True!
    Shaggy, I think smartphones should be allowed. I had a Nokia 101 on analogue, my best ever retro phone was a 6310i (think I said 6110i before, sorry), but the best phone I've ever had is the iPhone 5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What if a smartphone is your favourite ever handset?

...then you must me about 12 years old! :D

...We are generally talking about old classics...smartphones count I suppose, but obviously the latest kit is going to satisfy all you requirements for a phone and be an obvious choice...

....it's more of a topic about classic phones you were really fond of despite their basic functions when compared to today's phones.
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    This is also true, but wait........ I'm 44. So there! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone own a Nokia 8210? - it was tiny!
    I hated because the keys were so small .... texting became a real chore!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_8210
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dezire wrote: »

My dad had one, I thought they were cute.

I loved the 3330 but also loved the J600 til I broke my screen. Mind you I also loved the Samsung U800 because it was light as a feather but withstood countless drops.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dad had one, I thought they were cute.

I loved the 3330 but also loved the J600 til I broke my screen. Mind you I also loved the Samsung U800 because it was light as a feather but withstood countless drops.

It's funny how phones reached their pinnacle size, then along came the smartphone and phones became huge and cumbersome again! :confused:
  • jeffiner1892jeffiner1892 Posts: 14,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I always think that's odd.

I think people now talk about "phablets."
  • scooby1970scooby1970 Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've had mobile phoned since they were launched in this country. The S3 is my favourite by a mile. Why would I choose anything else? My first Teletal? My first Nokia? Nah... My S3 ;-)

:) Mark
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D oh yes! I also remember when they were £299.99 or thereabouts on a CONTRACT!!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D oh yes! I also remember when they were £299.99 or thereabouts on a CONTRACT!!!!

Would probably find one in the bottom of a box at a boot sale now. Mobiles are certainly not investments are they!
    Has there ever been a phone that has increased in value and desirability over the years?
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »

so there is, must get one for my phone, thanks
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Talking about small keys, I got a Motorola C115 i got it at the time because i was on pay as you got O2 and calling someone on Orange would cost me a fortune and this Motorola had a Orange sim with it. It done the job and it is unlocked, only cost £15.

Not been used for a few years now, i do charge it up now and again just to make sure it works.

I got too many mobile phones here, none of them are worth anything apart from my new Nexus.
  • Cpl_CarrottCpl_Carrott Posts: 479
    Forum Member
    My Nokia N95 8Gb was pretty damn good, and yes the slidey bit look Cool as Heck when answering calls,

However my N8 has been my all time favourite phone... ever!

I may well shed a tear when it gets replaced later this :cry:
  • iangradiangrad Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For pure clear sound it has to be the 1996 Ericsson GA628 , its sound system was developed by B&O and was so clear ! I still have one of the later a1018 Ericssons in working order but that was dummed down in the sound quality by comparison to the GA628 but puts a HTC one V to shame !

My Huawei G300 is actually quite good for a smart phone and offers 4 day battery life .
  • ShaunIOWShaunIOW Posts: 11,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nokia 5310 - small, light, great battery life and awesome music player even through the built-in speaker, runnintg it a close 2nd was my old Siemens M35.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My Nokia N95 8Gb was pretty damn good, and yes the slidey bit look Cool as Heck when answering calls,

The N95's were extremely desirable and very expensive if I remember rightly - and they were a pretty good around smart phone.
    What ever went wrong with Nokia - I do hope they bring out an Android device to blow away the competition. They dominated the phone scene for such a long time.
  • AKWAKW Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Love the N8, I still use it as a backup phone and to listen to DAB radio on my journey to work.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    The best phone I've owned was hands down the galaxy S3, it was a real game changer and showed just how customisable whilst at the same time being user friendly and powerful a phone could be.

The worst I've owned (and still do) is the Nexus 4, this thing was built on a shoe string budget and sells for £238 and boy does it show. Ok it get fast updates but it lacks inEVERY other area. I know it's labeled as the chavs phone but its not that , that bothers me. It's the very poor build quality.

Didn't take you long to go back to normal!! :D

I'v never seen it anywhere labelled as a chav phone. I have seen the iphone called that however. The N4 actually sells for £369. The £238 and the £279 (which you always seem to miss out) is googles subsidised price and can only be had direct from google. Its solid. Built well and looks fab. I cant find it lacking in any department to be honest unless you can tell us where...
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    My fave until the Nexus 4 was my old Ericsson GA628 :D
  • neo_walesneo_wales Posts: 13,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    3310 and the Nokia 5210. I've got a load of old phones, must dig them out and see which still works.
  • Liam_777Liam_777 Posts: 48
    Forum Member
    My first phone from I think 1999? Motorola 3588 http://www.sellmobilephone.org.uk/img/handsets/463.jpg

Was on BT Cellnet, it came with a tarrif called 'Best Friend' where for £15 you would get free calls for the whole month to your chosen 'best friend'. Funny to think I used it probably 4 times a month and now can't go 4 hours without checking my phone. I miss the days where people didn't rely on there phones!
  • twogunthomtwogunthom Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nokia n95 was a bit special, it was a tough phone to upgrade from untill the Nokia n8 arrived I'm still using the n8 my n95 is in a drawer resting on a bed of cotton wool with a little blanket pulled up over it and tucked under its little chin.