Why didn't Beau Dermott win?

2»

Comments

• fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because people did not vote for her On the night she was not very good.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    more importantly, who would give a girl, a boy's name? Why?
  • fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's my beautiful boy siamese cats name!
  • JohnStannardJohnStannard Posts: 7,649
    Forum Member
    just didn't have the support on the night I guess
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    First of all, I never watched the final or the series, but I saw Beau Dermott's video on YouTube and thought she was amazing.

Why did she come fifth??? Looked like a winner to me, or at least come a very close second.

You could say the same about Jasmine Elcock because she is also a great singer as well. I thought the magician was a bit boring and just continued to watch his act out of curiosity. He's not very charismatic. If anything, he seemed a little bit nervous.
  • katieknolweskatieknolwes Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People saw through the shy little girl act, and honestly did not see the big deal about her voice, been much better singers same age, younger better than her.
    I am glad Jasmine came in 4th and beat her though, because Jasmine is the better of the 2 of them.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Jasmine's BGT audition. Pretty good and very confident but I can't stand the shaking of the voice and the stuttering of the lines.

'I lu-lu-lu-lu-lu love you....' followed by the hands palms down, going up and down....

She's obviously copying her idol whoever that is.

To be fair, so was Beau - I suspect she watched videos of actresses playing Elphaba and copied the mannerisms (both vocal and physical), so it felt contrived rather than natural.
  • JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't win because the GBP obviously liked far more the 4 acts that got the most votes.
  • davadsdavads Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member

Guess you could ask actress Sean Young's mum and dad ;)
  • CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Several reasons

1. The voters preferred the 4 acts which scored higher than her
    2. She reprised her audition song - and didn't perform it so well
    3. The little girl singer votes were split between her and Jasmine
    4. She came across as a bit cocky, and her mum as pushy - both big turn off for me!
  • all_nightall_night Posts: 7,597
    Forum Member
    It's the free voting app which has changed the game, same with Big Brother. Where it was easier to predict who would win, the advent of free voting means people who wouldn't have usually voted will vote.

You take away the free voting app and you'd have a much more clearer indication.
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think she was helped by the choice of attire.

I don't think looking like a stepford child is a great image.
  • mrtrobzmrtrobz Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jasmine was effortless, cute and contemporary with bags of charisma.

Wardrobe made Beau look like an overgrown baby with all the little dolly dresses they'd put her in and she didn't have much stage presence. Not that I wish to be harsh saying this but the stage school she had attended would have said the same.