Which bug/'feature' annoys you MOST?

12346»

Comments

• grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deejay2004 wrote: »
    Interestingly I contacted Humax about the issue and that's what they have suggested. What will I lose if I do this? Is it like Sky+ when it wipes your HDD or does it just remove your schedule?

It won't affect your existing recordings. It will however delete all your freesat recording reservations and non-freesat channels. Additionally if you have made any changes to the preference settings these will go back to defaults.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    I only bought my box a day 2 days ago (a happy PVR9200T user for nearly 3 years)

One niggle already - I use the TV purely as a monitor (via HDMI) and sound goes digital (via optical) to the AV amp. Switch Foxsat and TV on, change to Radio 4, decide there's no need to consume power on a TV screen while I listen to radio so power TV off - sound goes off too.

Why is an HDMI interrupt causing the digital optical audio to stop?
  • GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iambrian wrote: »

Why is an HDMI interrupt causing the digital optical audio to stop?

When I had my theater surround (got a refund last week due to other issue) it was connected the same way and I had no problem operating it without the tv being turned on.
  • grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I had my theater surround (got a refund last week due to other issue) it was connected the same way and I had no problem operating it without the tv being turned on.

Just turned off my TV watching Kingdom, DD sound via optical is fine.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Automatically going into the re-tune page on start-up. Sometimes i'm watching another input on my TV and just want to turn on the Humax and set it recording on a particular channel.

Although, sadly, i've pretty much given up on this box. I just want to write my own firmware for it that actually works intuitively.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    dsdjm wrote: »
    Although, sadly, i've pretty much given up on this box. I just want to write my own firmware for it that actually works intuitively.

Join the club, I agree the box is so VERY unintuitive to use..... although I haven't quite given up either and I have hopes that the new firmware will fix most things :)

Although the wait for the firmware seems forever!

Patrick
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Join the club, I agree the box is so VERY unintuitive to use..... although I haven't quite given up either and I have hopes that the new firmware will fix most things :)

Although the wait for the firmware seems forever!

Patrick

I'd love to know if Humax actually give their software engineers boxes to use at home - and then whether or not any of them do!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Problem is they are NOT UK engineers so they don't understand how we want to do things. You need European engineers /designers so they understand our culture a bit more.

I am sure the Americans would also want something different as well if they made a box for them.

Having said that once you are used to it things are not so bad, though lots of processes are long winded and not user friendly - eg deleting files and even moving files requires lots of clicks. Searching the epg is also a long process and why can't they keep all the searches in the list till i decide to remove them, rather than going overnight.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of the time, my Humax Freesat PVR is just a £300 ornament.

I'd love it to be my primary viewing device, but the fact that it takes the best part of a minute to come out of "standby" puts pay to that. Then i'd love it to just make a mental note of what I like to watch and if there's nothing else going on record every instance of those programs for me.

Series Link doens't work reliably; but I appreciate that's down to bad meta-data - however that doesn't stop it recording every instance of a fixed title (e.g. "Family Guy") for me. It doesn't though. The worst £300 i've ever spent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Interestingly I contacted Humax about the issue and that's what they have suggested. What will I lose if I do this? Is it like Sky+ when it wipes your HDD or does it just remove your schedule?

The Factory Reset doesn't seem to have cured the bug either. So it seems I'm stuck with subtitles during live pause/instant rewind. Seems a strange bug and one that I would have thought would be easy to fix.

I shall email Himax again and see what happens. Not holding out much hope though!

I have had the box a few months now and suffered my first failed recording last night: Top Gear. iPlayer to the rescue!
  • TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Factory Reset doesn't seem to have cured the bug either. So it seems I'm stuck with subtitles during live pause/instant rewind. Seems a strange bug and one that I would have thought would be easy to fix.

Subtitles are a complete and utter cluster****.

Getting them when you don't want them and not being able to get them when you do are both problems that need sorting out.

Given the extraordinariliy long time Humax have allowed themselves to get the first real update out one would hope they've really cleaned up their act with these but I wouldn't want to bet on it. :(
  • digitldigitl Posts: 1,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dsdjm wrote: »
    Series Link doens't work reliably; but I appreciate that's down to bad meta-data - however that doesn't stop it recording every instance of a fixed title (e.g. "Family Guy") for me. It doesn't though.
    The 'MyStuff' TAP on the Topfield 5800 freeview box does just that and an awful lot more an awful lot better. I've banged on about it before and suggested Humax have a look at what, in my opinion, they should be trying to beat.

No response.