Options

Get divorced have malaria have a No1

KeelbootsKeelboots Posts: 1,994
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Subtitle Why is Cherly Cole doing what Nadine Coyle cannot?

Nadine is better is better singer ,is not a media ****. But seemingly is losing massively in popularity/single sales stakes.Why?
I dont care for either of them and both songs are garbage but just curious.Cherly has done no promo(other than X Factor and Piers Morgan) so what gives?:confused:

Is Cherly the female Peter Andre,getting sympathy vote?

Comments

• Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, get over it.
  • Options
    lea_uklea_uk Posts: 9,648
    Forum Member
    She has had a number one single long before the divorce and the malaria, you know.
    Maybe people like her music more than Nadine, it is possible.
    She doesn't need to do promo when she's on a show that is usually watched by up to 15 million people. That is her promo.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally, you'll only have one big solo success story out of a popband. Nadine plotted from 2007 and ballsed it all up while Cheryl stuck with GA management, PR and label and shot past her. She also doesn't seem to be popular with Girls Aloud fans anymore either.

Cheryl has the benefit of coming in off of FFTL, already established as a solo star. So while Promise This isn't as good as FFTL, she still has a base buying her stuff. Take That could release a fart and it would sell well for the same reason. And PT is far catchier than Insatiable as well. Better vocals don't make a better song. Also, Cheryl has a proper record label rather than a distribution agreement with Tesco.

In terms of promotion, they're both all over the press. But Cheryl did The X Factor and radio stations are playing her single. Airplay is hugely important.

It's about songs, airplay, image, fanbase, TV and press. Being a tabloid favourite is just a part of the equation and never helped Katie Price or Victoria Beckham's careers - it can raise awareness but it tends to be airplay, fanbase and performances that actually bring the record sales. The answers are pretty standard stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Oh, get over it.

"It" being?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    Oh, get over it.

This!, there's been about 5 threads about the same thing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i do have to laugh when anyone posts on here questioning cheryl and her "talent" the only come back that the cheryl fans have it - "your jealous ".......... come on fans enlighten the rest of us non believers why Biffa is so great ..... cos alot of us just cant see it ....
  • Options
    toyotacitytoyotacity Posts: 762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whether she can or can't sing, she's got determination and got up off her arse, out of a shitehole of an estate in Newcastle (across from where I used to live)

She's made something of her life, you've got to give her that
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paris192 wrote: »
    i do have to laugh when anyone posts on here questioning cheryl and her "talent" the only come back that the cheryl fans have it - "your jealous ".......... come on fans enlighten the rest of us non believers why Biffa is so great ..... cos alot of us just cant see it ....

I take it you missed the following the first time it was posted?
    C14E wrote: »
    Generally, you'll only have one big solo success story out of a popband. Nadine plotted from 2007 and ballsed it all up while Cheryl stuck with GA management, PR and label and shot past her. She also doesn't seem to be popular with Girls Aloud fans anymore either.

Cheryl has the benefit of coming in off of FFTL, already established as a solo star. So while Promise This isn't as good as FFTL, she still has a base buying her stuff. Take That could release a fart and it would sell well for the same reason. And PT is far catchier than Insatiable as well. Better vocals don't make a better song. Also, Cheryl has a proper record label rather than a distribution agreement with Tesco.

In terms of promotion, they're both all over the press. But Cheryl did The X Factor and radio stations are playing her single. Airplay is hugely important.

It's about songs, airplay, image, fanbase, TV and press. Being a tabloid favourite is just a part of the equation and never helped Katie Price or Victoria Beckham's careers - it can raise awareness but it tends to be airplay, fanbase and performances that actually bring the record sales. The answers are pretty standard stuff.

Nadine is a better singer, but Cheryl has always been the most popular one in Girls Aloud. She got the most votes on Popstars and has always had the strongest reaction from fans the media. Cheryl has an ability to connect with the public, while Nadine and her team have made a few errors.

It's getting tedious to read people acting as if getting a divorce and malaria are the only reason Cheryl is successful, almost suggesting it was a deliberate career tactic.

People who hate Cheryl keep pointing out that she's not the only one to get a divorce or the only one to get malaria, in which case they'll just have to accept that there must be something else Cheryl is doing to have success.:p
  • Options
    di60di60 Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I take it you missed the following the first time it was posted?

Nadine is a better singer, but Cheryl has always been the most popular one in Girls Aloud. She got the most votes on Popstars and has always had the strongest reaction from fans the media. Cheryl has an ability to connect with the public, while Nadine and her team have made a few errors.

It's getting tedious to read people acting as if getting a divorce and malaria are the only reason Cheryl is successful, almost suggesting it was a deliberate career tactic.

People who hate Cheryl keep pointing out that she's not the only one to get a divorce or the only one to get malaria, in which case they'll just have to accept that there must be something else Cheryl is doing to have success.:p

it sure as hell doesn't involve talent.....
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea_uk wrote: »
    She has had a number one single long before the divorce and the malaria, you know.
    Maybe people like her music more than Nadine, it is possible.
    She doesn't need to do promo when she's on a show that is usually watched by up to 15 million people. That is her promo.

Yeah the other was down to the intruige after Ashley cheated the first time. Lets not make out she doenst have something going off (scandalous) around the time of her single/Album sales now :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love Cheryl to have an interview and the journalist to give her Nadine's number,a phone and say "Ring her then!" :p
  • Options
    KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get jealous at someone you don't know.

I take it you are a woman?

Laughable.
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou17 wrote: »
    Yeah the other was down to the intruige after Ashley cheated the first time. Lets not make out she doenst have something going off (scandalous) around the time of her single/Album sales now :D

but why should that make the man on the Clapham omnibus go out and buy it ?

drama or not, it does not make people part with their cash, a wish to own and listen at their leisure does
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Get jealous at someone you don't know.

I take it you are a woman?

Laughable.

I posted last before your post so I assume you are directing it at me?
    1. Im not a woman.
    2. Im not jealous(see1)
    3.I dont care about either person.
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy Posts: 1,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a w**ker. I appreciate she's successful, but come on, she's a disgrace to music.
    Alouette uette uette.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    paris192 wrote: »

Were Jealous apparently :D I dont get the obsession, their were even girls dressed in her fight for this love outfit on Halloween :eek:
    toyotacity wrote: »
    Whether she can or can't sing, she's got determination and got up off her arse, out of a shitehole of an estate in Newcastle (across from where I used to live)

She's made something of her life, you've got to give her that

And she'll completely destroy someone elses image to get it, as well has having no respect what so ever for the judges that got her there ie Ger Halliwell, her then manager Louis Walsh, and even her bandmates Nadine. Shes dobbed them all in for solo sucess, yes she does go out and gets what she wants. But does that make you a decent human being?
    guffybear wrote: »
    but why should that make the man on the Clapham omnibus go out and buy it ?

drama or not, it does not make people part with their cash, a wish to own and listen at their leisure does

A lot of peopel like to bak the sympathy stories it gives their own ego a boost ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl had a no.1 single and album last year before she got divorced and before she had malaria. I'm not a big lover of her music but she's obviously got a huge fan base.

Pete's single is better IMO! :p
  • Options
    Gaspanic!Gaspanic! Posts: 2,933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And she'll completely destroy someone elses image to get it, as well has having no respect what so ever for the judges that got her there ie Geri Halliwell, her then manager Louis Walsh, and even her bandmates Nadine. Shes dobbed them all in for solo sucess, yes she does go out and gets what she wants. But does that make you a decent human being?

What a load of rubbish, are you a daily star reader?
  • Options
    guffybearguffybear Posts: 1,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lot of peopel like to bak the sympathy stories it gives their own ego a boost ;)

in your opinion but i think your statement is bull

but if you are right, Allen and Baker had better release singles soon, they would clean up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 141
    Forum Member
    Airplay is hugely important
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If you have the radio stations on your side then the opposition is pretty much fighting with one hand tied behind their back.

The influence of the likes of Cowell in what gets played on air these days is quite shocking.
  • Options
    Jem19876Jem19876 Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Airplay is important, but I don't know why you think Cowell has a lot of influence over it. Most of his own acts struggle to get airplay compared to the X Factor acts who sign with other labels. Radio One refused to play the last two singles from Alexandra Burke and Joe had terrible airplay for his most recent song.

Girls Aloud always had good airplay (nothing to do with Cowell) and then when she started doing solo songs she was working with Will.I.am who is someone who the big radio stations also supported. That collaboration had far more to do with Cheryl's acceptance as a solo artist by the industry than working on X Factor.

It's not Cheryl's fault that Nadine mistakenly thought that working with the media wasn't important. It was all Nadine's choice to pull out of working on shows like the Passions of Girls Aloud. Nadine decided she'd rather take a holiday in LA than do that, and let's not forget the time she "lost" her passport so couldn't get back to the UK in time to join in with promotion. There are countless examples of Nadine letting the other four girls take on the bulk of the promotion and media work. Even now she left her promotion until the last minute presuming that she didn't need to put that much work in.
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also, Cheryl is signed to Fascination/Polydor which is part of Universal and the same label that Girls Aloud were on. Nothing to do with Simon Cowell.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Keelboots wrote: »
    Nadine is better is better singer ,is not a media ****. But seemingly is losing massively in popularity/single sales stakes.Why?
    Haven't you sort of answered your own question there?

Cheryl is never off of the front pages of magazines and newspapers, whilst Nadine is practicually invisable by comparison. Out of sight is out of mind, there's no such thing as bad publicity*, and so on.
    Keelboots wrote: »
    Cherly has done no promo(other than X Factor and Piers Morgan) so what gives?:confused:
    "Other than X Factor", you mean other than a prime time show that pulls in around 15 million viewers and viewers who probably form a large percentage of the British record buying public at that?

Besides she has, I don't know her full schedule but I know she also appeared on the Radio 1 breakfast show (8 million listeners). She did of course appear on it when Chris was on Holiday and Cox was sitting in for him (Chris having laughed his head off at her when she tried to sing in the live lounge).

*Gary Glitter might not agree of course
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gaspanic! wrote: »

*siren* Forum police *siren* :rolleyes: