Options

Did Charlotte Hoyle first appear in 2007?

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
Forum Member
✭✭
When David set his exam paper, the invigilator was played by Becky Hindley...so is it not too far of a jump to say that she was playing the same character? :confused::D

Comments

• Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    It would be fun to think that...BUT teachers aren't meant to be used as exam invigilators...it's part of their union rights. So if we were to go on that picky point, maybe it was a different character...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her twin sister. ;)
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gmc93 wrote: »
    Her twin sister. ;)

I'd love it if she had a twin sister, and she turned up on the Street and John freaks out it's Charlotte and he has to keep her sweet..
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    It would be fun to think that...BUT teachers aren't meant to be used as exam invigilators...it's part of their union rights. So if we were to go on that picky point, maybe it was a different character...

Or maybe Charlotte was an exam invigilator in between teaching jobs?
  • Options
    DippitDippit Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Charlotte Hoyle was definitely supposed to be working at Weatherfield Comprehensive back in 2007 (as John Stape was fired from the school early 2008) so the main issue would be whether teachers can invigilate for exams.

I actually checked this out and while a school hasn't been able to contractually oblige their teachers to invigilate for exams since 2005, its possible that she (if we consider this Invigilator and Charlotte Hoyle as the same character) could have volunteered. Although the National Union of Teachers prefers that the school employs trained invigilators rather than volunteers out of the school's teaching staff.

The following document notes that despite the change in the rule regarding teachers being used as invigilators, some schools were still doing it (with teachers that apparently volunteered) so you could imagine that this sort of thing was still going on in 2007 as it does sometimes take a few years for new guidelines to be followed. Perhaps the head Teacher didn't hire enough invigilators for that particular set of exams and got Charlotte to do it on the sly. Charlotte's obviously willing to go along with her colleagues scams!

http://www.suffolknut.org.uk/invigilation06.doc

It's a word document so if you don't want to download it just google "Can teachers be invigilators" go to the first result and look at the quick view like I did.

So yeah I guess you could actually consider them to be the same character in a bit of accidental continuity. Its definitely not intentional though.
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone got any clips of the episode?
  • Options
    TheGreenManTheGreenMan Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just credited as "Invigilator" on IMDB in 2007 but appeared as "Mrs. Smith" in 2006!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1385443/filmoseries#tt0053494
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    I'd love it if she had a twin sister, and she turned up on the Street and John freaks out it's Charlotte and he has to keep her sweet..

That would be glorious :D
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone got any clips of the episode?
    Been looking for one xD
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I sat my GCSE's in the same year, 2007, and some of our teachers acted as invigilators then so yes, is possible. :D
  • Options
    Milleniumqueen7Milleniumqueen7 Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She appeared in 2 one off episodes

(2 October 2006) - Mrs. Smith
    (11 June 2007) - Invigilator