Channel Four Jumps further into the gutter

yorksdaveyorksdave Posts: 3,228
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After Splash, we all thought TV could not go any lower, but just to prove us all wrong, channel 4 gives us "The Jump", Splash without the titilation, no douubt channel 4 hopes it will be the new "Dancing on Ice" but I fear it will be more like "Celebrity Wrestling"

Comments

• alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    Try watching it before judging it?
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »
    After Splash, we all thought TV could not go any lower, but just to prove us all wrong, channel 4 gives us "The Jump", Splash without the titilation, no douubt channel 4 hopes it will be the new "Dancing on Ice" but I fear it will be more like "Celebrity Wrestling"

the Creative Renewal didn't get very creative did it.
    having seen promos on This Morning and Davina doing her best hyping the show.

I really wish C4 would get the creator of BB doing a new show 100% for Channel 4. Because they skirt around these Reality TV shows
    and its really Bigbrother that should be aired. they have no hard hitting Drama's cooking food and some penis sums up primetime.
  • ChickenWingsChickenWings Posts: 2,057
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it'll be like The Games or whatever it was called. I quite liked that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it'll be like The Games or whatever it was called. I quite liked that.

They missed a trick brining that back for the olympics.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    yorksdave wrote: »

Are they using benefit claimants for the competition?
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,774
    Forum Member

Yeah me too, strange to start a thread slagging off a program that you haven't seen isn't it?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I'm looking forward to it! I loved The Games, so am hoping its a winter version of that :-D
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I quite liked The Games.

The Jump has quite a desperate line-up though. I'm surprised about Sir Steve Redgrave getting involved in this.
  • Trappedin80'sTrappedin80's Posts: 6,270
    Forum Member
    I'm also looking forward to it, because I enjoyed The Games so much.
  • lealeedslealeeds Posts: 2,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I quite liked The Games.

The Jump has quite a desperate line-up though. I'm surprised about Sir Steve Redgrave getting involved in this.

Money money money...
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember watching Series 3 of The Games purely for Kirsty Gallacher and ended up really enjoying it so i'll certainly give The Jump a try.
  • ValWValW Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Slalom skiing, speed skating, bobsleighing - it sounds much more hardcore than a half second bellyflop into the local municipal baths. My only gripe is it clashes with Dancing On Ice when both would attract much of the same audience.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,663
    Forum Member
    It sounds too niche to me. The winter sports aren't a great draw done by professionals so why would z-list celebs doing them be appealing? Might get one series out of it as ITV did with Splash (second series is currently tanking) but no more. Also the scheduling is ridiculous, 8PM most nights to avoid Celebrity Big Brother. I don't think C4 has much confidence in it.
  • VadmunVadmun Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Interestingly there was a time C4s remit in terms of addressing the Olympics at Sochi would have focussed on Putin's suppression of human rights, specifically LGBT rights, the misappropriation of funds by Russian "businessmen", the sponsorship of the Winter Olympics by Visa, Coca Cola etc companies whose remit is equality and inclusion funding one of the most repressive political regimes in the Western World etc You know where I'm going with this...

Now it's all about FUN FUN FUN and includes that z'leb hairdresser and Tara Palmer Tonkinson skiing downhill.

An apt metaphor for C4 indeed.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    It sounds too niche to me. The winter sports aren't a great draw done by professionals so why would z-list celebs doing them be appealing? Might get one series out of it as ITV did with Splash (second series is currently tanking) but no more. Also the scheduling is ridiculous, 8PM most nights to avoid Celebrity Big Brother. I don't think C4 has much confidence in it.

It sounds terrible of me but anything with Amy Childs isn't going to end well. She has the screen presence of a brick and that clip of her "omg omg omg"
  • chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,784
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vadmun wrote: »
    Interestingly there was a time C4s remit in terms of addressing the Olympics at Sochi would have focussed on Putin's suppression of human rights, specifically LGBT rights, the misappropriation of funds by Russian "businessmen", the sponsorship of the Winter Olympics by Visa, Coca Cola etc companies whose remit is equality and inclusion funding one of the most repressive political regimes in the Western World etc You know where I'm going with this...

Now it's all about FUN FUN FUN and includes that z'leb hairdresser and Tara Palmer Tonkinson skiing downhill.

An apt metaphor for C4 indeed.

^ This.
  • BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,663
    Forum Member
    Tara Palmer-Tomkinson pulled out. A bit of a blow when bizarrely she was one of the more well-known names due to appear.
  • big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really op ? Jumping in the gutter?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They jumped into the gutter once they did that utterly dire dogging tales program which showed just how far they've fallen
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,774
    Forum Member
    Sloopy wrote: »
    I quite liked The Games.

As opposed to The Games with it's stellar all star line up you mean?
  • lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Tara Palmer-Tomkinson pulled out. A bit of a blow when bizarrely she was one of the more well-known names due to appear.

She would seem a strange choice with her being a 'lifelong skier' and her father an Olympic champion.