Deliotte Football Money League 2012/2013

Comments

• Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    Do you know anything about business ?

It is perfectly okay to invest money and make losses for a while, so long as you see return in your investments.

Man City have the best model in England. They are playing the best brand of football in the country, they are winning trophies and as a result their revenues are skyrocketing.

Trophies?
    They won 1 premier league and 1 f a cup in 3 years.
    That's hardly what I would call trophies seeing the massive
    Input of course that could change this season but so far
    No
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New sponsorships deals, new premier league TV deal, new championsleague TV deal starting from 2015. Teh club is also increasing the stadium capacity to 60,000 .

Why? They can't sell out at 47k
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they should buy the ground from the taxpayers of Manchester before they start thinking about increasing its' capacity.
  • The RatThe Rat Posts: 6,048
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »

They sell out the 47,000 tickets for practically every Premier League game. A sell out indicates excess demand which equals potential lost revenue. It makes sound business sense to expand the stadium.

Dave
  • super-eaglesuper-eagle Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »

Average attendance is 47,000.

The club will increase capacity to 61,000 by the 2015/2016 season.

In the future, the capacity might be increased again to 80,000

It's going to be epic.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    The youth setup is probably the best in the country.Like the first team, the U16's are scoring a lot of goals and are dominating their league. This August, a new training complex will be opened .. it will have the best facilities in the world.

No it isn't. Certainly not yet anyway but if you throw millions at it then conceivably they will eventually

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2014/01/21/revealed-barcelona-best-at-producing-big-5-players-ajax-most-across-europe-210101/
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting article. Man City have had a very well known and strong youth set up in the past and won the FA Youth Cup in 2008 with Daniel Sturridge a product. Certainly I don't know why but They haven't been churning out prospects for England and the latest England U18 squad contains no City players at all. Not surprising then if you cast your eye over their latest FAYouth Cup win over Hereford it was a side sprinkled with Italians, Portuguese, Italians and Brazilians.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2013/dec/u18s-squad-named-for-january-training-camp-181213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting article. Man City have had a very well known and strong youth set up in the past and won the FA Youth Cup in 2008 with Daniel Sturridge a product. Certainly I don't know why but They haven't been churning out prospects for England and the latest England U18 squad contains no City players at all. Not surprising then if you cast your eye over their latest FAYouth Cup win over Hereford it was a side sprinkled with Italians, Portuguese, Italians and Brazilians.

http://www.thefa.com/news/england/development/2013/dec/u18s-squad-named-for-january-training-camp-181213

Daniel Sturridge, Joe Barton, Shaun Wright Phillips, Micah Richards, Joe Hart .. these are some of the players produced by Manchester City .

Check the U16 premier league table, Man City are sitting clear at the top of the table.

The other day, I watched City vs Barcelona (U16's) .. City dominated the game, but they lost 4-6 .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daniel Sturridge, Joe Barton, Shaun Wright Phillips, Micah Richards .. these are some of the players produced by Manchester City .

All pre-takeover though.

They might be trying to do something about it now, but for the first couple of years after the Abu Dhabi lot came in, they weren't interested at all.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    italian teams wont make much headway until they own their stadiums like juventus.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jamesp84 wrote: »
    All pre-takeover though.

So ?
    They might be trying to do something about it now, but for the first couple of years after the Abu Dhabi lot came in, they weren't interested at all.

It certainly has been improved and continues to be improved.

Did I tell you about the £200 million complex that will be opened next season ? It will have the best facilities in the world.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,482
    Forum Member
    All pre-takeover though.

No they were just trying to establish themselves as a top club, obviously trying to bring youth through at the same time would have slowed the process down.

Now they are one of the top clubs in the world they can put the resources towards building a infrastructure that will last longer than the Sheikh ever will.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All that guff about a financial fair play straightening things out.... these clubs are running rings around it. Seems like they only have to get one of their mates to sponsor the hotdog stand for £250million and jobs a good 'un....
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,045
    Forum Member
    Daniel Sturridge, Joe Barton, Shaun Wright Phillips, Micah Richards, Joe Hart .. these are some of the players produced by Manchester City .

Think you'll find Joe Hart was a product of Shrewsbury's youth system, and was playing first team football for them a good while before City signed him.
  • Big PoyBig Poy Posts: 7,482
    Forum Member
    Think you'll find Joe Hart was a product of Shrewsbury's youth system, and was playing first team football for them a good while before City signed him.

Can we swap Joe Hart for.. erm Bradley Wright Phillips? :p

Give it a few years and hopefully they'll be a plethora of names we can wheel out.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    Boselecta wrote: »
    All that guff about a financial fair play straightening things out.... these clubs are running rings around it. Seems like they only have to get one of their mates to sponsor the hotdog stand for £250million and jobs a good 'un....

Not at all, FFP strictly forbids them doing that.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    So ?

It certainly has been improved and continues to be improved.

Did I tell you about the £200 million complex that will be opened next season ? It will have the best facilities in the world.

Yes I think you did give it a mention. Also you are desperate for us to look at the U16 league table. Post a li k then because I'm not trawling the internet looking for it. Also I would say its artistic licence for you to say you dominated a game but conceded 6 goals :D
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,919
    Forum Member
    The Net wrote: »
    Yes I think you did give it a mention. Also you are desperate for us to look at the U16 league table. Post a li k then because I'm not trawling the internet looking for it. Also I would say its artistic licence for you to say you dominated a game but conceded 6 goals :D

Did he tell you about the training complex as well? Not sure if he did.
    Forum Member

I think you will find he means U18s: http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/barclays-u18-premier-league-tables.html?paramYouthStage=NATIONAL

Dave
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

First team football for Shrewsbury, a League Two team , oh wow.

It's City that turned him into England's #1, not the club he was playing for 8 years ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

"City's astonishing new complex is being built on an 80-acre site across the road from the Etihad Stadium in East Manchester and will be ready in time for the start of the 2014-2015 season.
    Believed to be the most complete training ground in world football, it will comprise 17 football pitches, a 7,000 capacity stadium for reserve matches, a youth academy complete with classrooms and accommodation and even a community sixth-form college and leisure centre."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2202858/Manchester-City-training-centre-Plans-revealed-100m-complex.html#ixzz2rPrXkl5P
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Department_SDepartment_S Posts: 4,924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "City's astonishing new complex is being built on an 80-acre site across the road from the Etihad Stadium in East Manchester and will be ready in time for the start of the 2014-2015 season.
    Believed to be the most complete training ground in world football, it will comprise 17 football pitches, a 7,000 capacity stadium for reserve matches, a youth academy complete with classrooms and accommodation and even a community sixth-form college and leisure centre."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2202858/Manchester-City-training-centre-Plans-revealed-100m-complex.html#ixzz2rPrXkl5P
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Yes yes we all know the oil billionaires are going to show us how much money they have by creating yet more excessive facility development. Where is this U16 league table that has been requested above?
  • carefree_bluecarefree_blue Posts: 9,045
    Forum Member
    First team football for Shrewsbury, a League Two team , oh wow.

It's City that turned him into England's #1, not the club he was playing for 8 years ago.

By that logic perhaps you also think Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain were produced by Arsenal? After all, neither of them were called up for the full England team until Arsenal bought them from what was then a lower division side at the time. Let's just forget Southampton had anything to do with them.
    Forum Member
    Yes yes we all know the oil billionaires are going to show us how much money they have by creating yet more excessive facility development. Where is this U16 league table that has been requested above?

I linked to it above. He was mistaken it is U18 not U16s. I'm not sure there is a U16s league (IIRC there is a U16s tournament which isn't like a conventional league).

Dave